Auburn-Ole Miss

Guest mtn_tgr

Guest mtn_tgr

AU Basketball is just pathetic. The free throw line to Auburn basketball is like the endzone to Alabama football. Coaching at Auburn basketball = coaching at Alabama football.

Sometimes I just wonder if there is any intelligence in sports. Who the hell plays fast-break basketball the entire game, then inside a minute stops (which therefore allows the other team to get the last shot of the half). Of course, they decide to try to move the ball with 9 seconds left on the shot clock and don't even get a shot off. Freakin pathetic.

anti auburn campaign is alive and well. please go find another team to complain about.

Oh yea, I forgot you can't say anything negative about a team that can't beat a quality team.

And btw, to the comment of down only two. I missed the first 8 minutes, but came in when we were up 12. Then I watched as we fell behind by a point immediately. That is just pathetic. It really is.

Auburn is the greatest team EVER!! WE RULE!!!

Bullcrap. GG said it best the other day.

Dwayne Reed can't pass.

Auburn can't make free throws.

Every shot Auburn does make is absolute LUCK.

The team can't play defense if the Alabama boosters were down there paying them to play defense. They give up the EASIEST shots. Ole Miss will just take easy pick n roll layups and uncontested three point shots. Did you see all the second chance points they have given up to Ole Miss?

Blame it on the numbers, blame it on whatever. When it comes down to it - they are all just excuses. The coaches could play non-scholly players to rest legs. But they choose not to. I don't see that being a problem in football.

Basketball is something I actually know about. I have played it and almost had the opportunity to play ball at the college level. Auburn basketball just doesn't know how to play smartly.

If I had to say something exciting about this team - is that they are fun to watch when on offense. You never know what to expect.

There is a little kid behind Lebo's bench. He is wearing an AU Football jersey. Sums things up

You have got to be kidding me. You obviously have not kept up with Auburn basketball at all this year. Our defense has played great all year. Id like to see any other team with 4 guards holding these teams in check. If you are going to criticize Auburn basketball maybe you should know a little bit about first. Anyone who has watched our team . So unless you can have an intelligent comment about baketball go talk to the bammers. :rant:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOAH! We scored 80 lucky points today (according to PChamp), I'd take that any day of the week!

PChamp, you really should consider posting after each game instead of during the game, it'd make you look less 12-year old-ish.

WDE!

AU Basketball is just pathetic. The free throw line to Auburn basketball is like the endzone to Alabama football. Coaching at Auburn basketball = coaching at Alabama football.

Sometimes I just wonder if there is any intelligence in sports. Who the hell plays fast-break basketball the entire game, then inside a minute stops (which therefore allows the other team to get the last shot of the half). Of course, they decide to try to move the ball with 9 seconds left on the shot clock and don't even get a shot off. Freakin pathetic.

anti auburn campaign is alive and well. please go find another team to complain about.

Oh yea, I forgot you can't say anything negative about a team that can't beat a quality team.

And btw, to the comment of down only two. I missed the first 8 minutes, but came in when we were up 12. Then I watched as we fell behind by a point immediately. That is just pathetic. It really is.

Dwayne Reed can't pass.

The team can't play defense if the Alabama boosters were down there paying them to play defense. They give up the EASIEST shots. Ole Miss will just take easy pick n roll layups and uncontested three point shots. Did you see all the second chance points they have given up to Ole Miss?

Blame it on the numbers, blame it on whatever. When it comes down to it - they are all just excuses. The coaches could play non-scholly players to rest legs. But they choose not to. I don't see that being a problem in football.

Basketball is something I actually know about. I have played it and almost had the opportunity to play ball at the college level. Auburn basketball just doesn't know how to play smartly.

If I had to say something exciting about this team - is that they are fun to watch when on offense. You never know what to expect.

There is a little kid behind Lebo's bench. He is wearing an AU Football jersey. Sums things up

We beat a team that was bigger than us, has a better record and the traitor Dwayne Curtis, who didn't do that great compared to Tolbert. We are down to the bare bones of a team and I think they showed a lot of guts by beating this #18 Ole Miss team.

pchamp you are the absolute biggest idiot here. You run your mouth about how you "allegedly" watch auburn all the time, yet say we can't score, simply because our FT shooting isn't very good. You absolutely totally overlook the fact that we are only playing with 6-7 players and 4 of them are guards. You obviously know as little about basketball as you do about football. You also conveniently overlook what Hargrove, Reed, and Tolbert have done today. Tolbert especially. He's been all over the floor and has, I believe, 25 points so far today. We also shot 10-20 from 3-point range. But, we can't score....

There has never been a "supposed fan" of a team that is as absolutely negative and critical as you are here. It takes absolute perfection to make you happy, then IF that were ever achieved (which it won't be) you'd find something else to complain about. Your act is old, tired, and your anti auburn agenda wore thin years ago.

Please enlighten us as to what it takes to make you happy? I'd love to hear it, even though I know its an absolute impossiblity.

Tough luck, pchamp...Auburn wins 80-77.

You forgot to add:

:moon::moon::moon:

pchamp you are the absolute biggest idiot here. You run your mouth about how you "allegedly" watch auburn all the time, yet say we can't score, simply because our FT shooting isn't very good. You absolutely totally overlook the fact that we are only playing with 6-7 players and 4 of them are guards. You obviously know as little about basketball as you do about football. You also conveniently overlook what Hargrove, Reed, and Tolbert have done today. Tolbert especially. He's been all over the floor and has, I believe, 25 points so far today. We also shot 10-20 from 3-point range. But, we can't score....

There has never been a "supposed fan" of a team that is as absolutely negative and critical as you are here. It takes absolute perfection to make you happy, then IF that were ever achieved (which it won't be) you'd find something else to complain about. Your act is old, tired, and your anti auburn agenda wore thin years ago.

Please enlighten us as to what it takes to make you happy? I'd love to hear it, even though I know its an absolute impossiblity.

There you go with the excuses again. 6-7 players. Honestly, how many players play on a typical basketball team for 95% of the game? I'd say most teams play 7-8. We have enough players to play.

Figures I get attacked. But when GG has an entire post about abolishing basketball, it's swept under the rug. :rolleyes:

You want to know what would please me? I just want to see the guys play with good fundamentals. Like make free throws. Not give up so many second chance points. Not give up easy baskets under the basket. Not give up wide open threes. Pass the ball when you have a 2-on-1 fast break, instead of driving it to the hole only to miss or get blocked. Get a shot off in the final minute of the first half. Not blow huge leads. I don't like excuses. I'm 5'7 and play basketball with bigger players all the time and give it my all and don't once complain about height. And I will guard the bigger players out there.

I Know as little about basketball as football? Please fool, I will smoke you in basketball. It wouldn't even be close. If you could score a point on me, I'd be shocked. And I'm not joking. I would bet anything you want. But let me guess, you'll respond "I'm too old and have better things to do in my life than play you in basketball." Typical excuses. Have you ever played basketball? Oh yea, I know nothing about ball. At least I have played moron.

War Tiger, you want to get rid of me on this board? Play me in a game... I'm begging you

You haven't said a logical thing about the basketball team. BTW, I never said I watch us all the time. This is the first game on tv I have been able to watch this year. But I used to attend all the home games the last 5 years. But I have kept up on the team throughout this season.

And guys, I never said the team didn't have guts and all that crap. But any team that shoots 50% from the FT line - you have to question that. And it isn't just this game. This is an Auburn basketball tradition - not being able to shoot well from the FT line.

There you go with the excuses again. 6-7 players. Honestly, how many players play on a typical basketball team for 95% of the game? I'd say most teams play about 8. We have enough players to play.

from Phillip Marshall...."Other than Matt Heramb's two minutes, six players did all the playing for Auburn. Reed never came out. Robertson only come out for the final five seconds after taking a shot in the nose."

It is painfully obvious why you aren't a coach and if all you can do is say bad things about the basketball program, or any Auburn program for that matter, then please leave and cheer for the school on the other side of the state that worships a poorly dressed drunk.

Dwayne Reed can't pass.

Sorry PC I posted too early. I didn't have the chance to read this quality post. Let's see what can I say to this...oh yeah, STFU you are a bammer in every sense of the word. Basketball is something you may know a little about but being part of the Auburn Family is something you have NO CLUE about. Please leave.

There you go with the excuses again. 6-7 players. Honestly, how many players play on a typical basketball team for 95% of the game? I'd say most teams play 7-8. We have enough players to play.

Figures I get attacked. But when GG has an entire post about abolishing basketball, it's swept under the rug. :rolleyes:

You want to know what would please me? I just want to see the guys play with good fundamentals. Like make free throws. Not give up so many second chance points. Not give up easy baskets under the basket. Not give up wide open threes. Pass the ball when you have a 2-on-1 fast break, instead of driving it to the hole only to miss or get blocked. Get a shot off in the final minute of the first half. Not blow huge leads. I don't like excuses. I'm 5'7 and play basketball with bigger players all the time and give it my all and don't once complain about height. And I will guard the bigger players out there.

I Know as little about basketball as football? Please fool, I will smoke you in basketball. It wouldn't even be close. If you could score a point on me, I'd be shocked. And I'm not joking. I would bet anything you want. But let me guess, you'll respond "I'm too old and have better things to do in my life than play you in basketball." Typical excuses. Have you ever played basketball? Oh yea, I know nothing about ball. At least I have played moron.

War Tiger, you want to get rid of me on this board? Play me in a game... I'm begging you

You haven't said a logical thing about the basketball team. BTW, I never said I watch us all the time. This is the first game on tv I have been able to watch this year. But I used to attend all the home games the last 5 years. But I have kept up on the team throughout this season.

And guys, I never said the team didn't have guts and all that crap. But any team that shoots 50% from the FT line - you have to question that. And it isn't just this game. This is an Auburn basketball tradition - not being able to shoot well from the FT line.

the challenge only applies to WarTiger? I will take you on and I will do more than score a point on you. Just guessing from your little school girl rants I could get inside your head within seconds , and the game wouldn't last much longer.

The really good teams, UF, UNC, Memphis, are able to play 8, some even 9 or 10. Basketball knowledge is that if I only have 6 guys to rotate in and I am playing a team that has 8 or 9 rotating in, I am at a disadvantage. Not too mention talent levels. Those are the facts about this AU team.[/b]

It's b/c you ALWAYS are talking crap about AU, the team you supposedly love.You want to know what would please me? I just want to see the guys play with good fundamentals. Like make free throws. Not give up so many second chance points. Not give up easy baskets under the basket. Not give up wide open threes. Pass the ball when you have a 2-on-1 fast break, instead of driving it to the hole only to miss or get blocked. Get a shot off in the final minute of the first half. Not blow huge leads. I don't like excuses. I'm 5'7 and play basketball with bigger players all the time and give it my all and don't once complain about height. And I will guard the bigger players out there.

I'm game. Bring your self to Nashville!

If you haven't watched them play you can't watch one game and make general statements. Some games you turn the ball over more than others. AU took care of the ball better tonight, only 11 turnovers, shot the ball well, and over all just played their best game of the year.

They WON....too bad for you!

I made the challenge: Come to Atlanta. If you want to get me off this board - that's all you gotta do.

And I'll make that challenge out to anybody. I love to play ball. And nothing more I enjoy than beating some chump.

Here is where your lack of knowledge shows. There isn't ONE team in the country that does all these things. NOT ONE. I told you it would be an impossibility to make you happy. Even the best teams out there give up easy baskets, miss layups, have shots blocked and yes, even miss free throws. It happens in EVERY GAME. Watch some games and perhaps you'll learn something.

What a joke. What are you 12? "i would smoke you in basketball...." OOOHHHHH...guess I better quit watching the games all together since some internet punk is so tough. NOT!!! Just because you "allegedly" play means NOTHING. Its your posts that are relevant here, not your pipe dreams as a player. Your posts prove you know NOTHING about what you speak. Go play all you want. FTR, I played from 6 years old up to 25, and stopped playing at 25 because I had started officiating basketball at 22 (retired after 17 years) and enjoyed officiating more than playing. So, yes, I have played, (and officiated)...moron.

:sleeping: . Again, not the issue at hand, but nice attempt at a diversion from your anti-auburn agenda.

You haven't said a logical thing about the basketball team.

How would you know what I've said about the basketball team. You are too wrapped up in your own anti auburn agenda to notice what anybody says here. Go read the thread GG started about lebo for what I think of our basketball program. Besides, why would I waste my time discussing with you what I think of anything related to Auburn? I'd have better discussions about what happens at Auburn with BG or southlink than you. Even they see more positives at Auburn than you do.

BTW, I never said I watch us all the time. This is the first game on tv I have been able to watch this year. But I used to attend all the home games the last 5 years. But I have kept up on the team throughout this season.

FT shooting has been a problem for quite some time. I don't understand why we seem to have such an issue with them. I would think the players would want to improve that and work on it after practice. In all fairness though, don't run off at the mouth that every basket they score is pure luck either. IF you have actually played before (which I don't know nor care) you would know better than to make such an asinine statement. 80 points aren't scored from luck.

WarTiger... you claim I know nothing, but because I play I prove you wrong. So now you take it back. You have no clue what you are talking about. You are just talking internet trash. What a loser...

And if a team can't do simple things like staying on your man, not giving up easy buckets, and making free throws - then that is coaching. I'm not saying I could coach D-I basketball, I don't think anyone on this board can. But, some things should be simple to teach. Those things I mentioned by the way - the better teams can all do those things. So I would say it is far from impossible, yet very probable.

The reason Ole Miss lost today: They shot HORRIBLE! 39% from the field and they still scored 77 points. What does that tell you? I'm glad Auburn won. But that won't get by very often. Still happy it worked out in our favor today. We all know if the shoe were on the other foot, we'd all be saying "We gave them that game today."

And btw, the part of missing FTs that gets under my skin the most is that it is on the front end of the 1-and-1. That really hurts.

No team in the country can make 100% of their free throws but most can make 60-70%. I don't expect Auburn to play perfect in every aspect of the game but what would please me is to see them improve and play better.

One of the main problems I have with Auburn is that they are out of control alot of times running down the court. If they would slow things down and work for open shots then I think they would be more effecient.

I agree with most of what you say PC even though most don't. But I don't call the people I disagree with idiots.

I see that anything negative or any constructive criticism about Auburn is considered "Anti-Auburn". It doesn't matter if you come to the games or bleed orange and blue but the second you say anything negative about Auburn, then you are an "Anti-Auburn" person or not a True Auburn fan.

Guest mtn_tgr

No team in the country can make 100% of their free throws but most can make 60-70%. I don't expect Auburn to play perfect in every aspect of the game but what would please me is to see them improve and play better.

One of the main problems I have with Auburn is that they are out of control alot of times running down the court. If they would slow things down and work for open shots then I think they would be more effecient.

I agree with most of what you say PC even though most don't. But I don't call the people I disagree with idiots.

I see that anything negative or any constructive criticism about Auburn is considered "Anti-Auburn". It doesn't matter if you come to the games or bleed orange and blue but the second you say anything negative about Auburn, then you are an "Anti-Auburn" person or not a True Auburn fan.

If you had watched the game today, then you would have seen 6 much improved players. I mean how can you complain when you beat a ranked ole miss team when your two leading scorers are out and your next best player(Quan Prowell) only has 2 points. I mean if that doesn't show great improvement then there is nothing that can make you happy.

I see that anything negative or critcising Auburn about things is considered "Anti-Auburn". It doesn't matter if you come to the games or bleed orange and blue but the second you say anything negative about Auburn, then you are an "Anti-Auburn" person or not a True Auburn fan.

I certainly don't intend to make a talent or tradition comparison here. But, have you watched UNC play since Huckleberry Hound has been back? They "look" out of control 90% of the time. Yet, the fundamentals of the game are there. It is just hectic, fast-paced, and relentless. I think that this is what Lebo is going for and getting (most of the time).

The talent and athletic ability of today's bball players is really amazing. On the best teams, everyone runs the floor. Everyone creates. I think that this fast paced style is doing to the halfcourt set what the spread has done to the power I (no offense, PowerI). Kentucky under Tubby and Alabama under Gottfried are two examples of half court offenses that just don't produce. In my opinion, either Mark will learn to unleash the incredible athleticism and skill of his players, or he'll be fired for losing too many.

anybody who talks tough in an internet forum is a loser, plain and simple.....the subject is AU Basketball here. and guess what...today we beat a highly ranked team. YAY! right?

I made the challenge: Come to Atlanta. If you want to get me off this board - that's all you gotta do.

And I'll make that challenge out to anybody. I love to play ball. And nothing more I enjoy than beating some chump.

Good God, PC......Give it a rest! If you can't see the good out of this team, then you are blind as a bat, deaf as a mute, and self centered as Nick Saban :poke:B)

For real.....Lebo us doing one hell of a job here. You need to see it for what it's worth, and not compare us to UNC, or Duke for that matter. This team is playing their assess off right now, and it's not because they are "instantly" better players. It's coaching. PERIOD!

WarTiger... you claim I know nothing, but because I play I prove you wrong. So now you take it back. You have no clue what you are talking about. You are just talking internet trash. What a loser...

And if a team can't do simple things like staying on your man, not giving up easy buckets, and making free throws - then that is coaching. I'm not saying I could coach D-I basketball, I don't think anyone on this board can. But, some things should be simple to teach. Those things I mentioned by the way - the better teams can all do those things. So I would say it is far from impossible, yet very probable.

The reason Ole Miss lost today: They shot HORRIBLE! 39% from the field and they still scored 77 points. What does that tell you? I'm glad Auburn won. But that won't get by very often. Still happy it worked out in our favor today. We all know if the shoe were on the other foot, we'd all be saying "We gave them that game today."

And btw, the part of missing FTs that gets under my skin the most is that it is on the front end of the 1-and-1. That really hurts.

What I find funny is that you seem so rattled now by everyone else, especially War, that you are almost stuttering through this post. Are you 12? I know War asked already but this post seems to support that.

And 77 points off 39% shooting tells me one thing. A lot of offensive rebounds. That should have been what it told you if you knew what you were talking about. But since you asked a question about it I guess you didn't know.

I claim you know nothing because of the asinine statements you make here. You only constantly prove me right with every post you make. I took nothing back, you still KNOW NOTHING OF WHICH YOU SPEAK as is evident in your POSTS. whether you play or not is absolutely irrelevant and actually quite sad, cause if you did actually play, you would know what you are wanting is an impossibility.

guess that's that world of bammer delusion that you live in. Reading comprehension would help you tremendously. EVERY team gives up easy baskets. Every team has a player get beat, and NO team out there makes every shot or every free throw, contrary to your delusional idiocy. `

They also took 17 more shots than us. Don't let facts get in the way though. It's call great defense. We had 5 bocked shots and 8 steals as well. Again, don't let facts get in the way...they destroy your anti-auburn campaign.

OH, Memphis is currently ranked #2 in the country and ripped USM yesterday...but they shot a LOWER percentage from the FT line than Auburn did yesterday. Guess you can't cheer for them either.... chin up, we'll find you a team that can make you happy.....eventually.... You will NEVER get absolute perfection in anything....and even if you did, you'd still find something to complain about. It's what you do....WITH EVERYTHING....

And 77 points off 39% shooting tells me one thing. A lot of offensive rebounds. That should have been what it told you if you knew what you were talking about. But since you asked a question about it I guess you didn't know.

18 offensive rebounds to be exact....

War Tiger, you must be one of the dumbest persons out there. From now on, do us all a favor and don't even try to debate with me.

Did I say Free Throws won games? No, but they are important. And btw, Memphis may have had a less % because one player on their bench went 1-4 in their BLOWOUT win. Anyone can find facts and compare FTs of one team or rebounds of another team.

Who said I ever compared Auburn to UNC or Duke?

And if anything, you just proved my point about giving up offensive rebounds.

Yes, Auburn played great defense at times, especially with the blocks and steals late in the game. I'm not denying the fact that they can play good defense at times. Of course teams give up easy buckets. But I just tend to see it happen against our defense more often than other teams do.

That said, I'll still accept any challenges to play ball in the Atlanta area. Mess y'all up ;)

Archived