Auburn-Ole Miss

Guest mtn_tgr

Guest mtn_tgr

Auburn plays Ole miss today at 4 at Beard-Eaves. If you can't make it to the game the game will be on FSN south. After a hard fought victory at LSU wednesday I look for team to come out with a little bit of confidence finally and play a great game. Get 'em tigers! War Eagle

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's hope they can pull of this win. We haven't fallen off the planet yet, but we could start losing our footing at any time. Let's go Lebo.

WDE.

Auburn plays Ole miss today at 4 at Beard-Eaves. If you can't make it to the game the game will be on FSN south. After a hard fought victory at LSU wednesday I look for team to come out with a little bit of confidence finally and play a great game. Get 'em tigers! War Eagle

Supposed to be on Sunshine Network here (they carry FSN South, and it's listed on the guide), but they have some powerboat race from Miami, like from 6 months ago...

It seems 90% of college basketball games these days are decided by just whichever team gets hot from the 3 point line, let's hope they keep it above 35% overall and they have a chance...

Supposed to be on Sunshine Network here (they carry FSN South, and it's listed on the guide), but they have some powerboat race from Miami, like from 6 months ago...

It seems 90% of college basketball games these days are decided by just whichever team gets hot from the 3 point line, let's hope they keep it above 35% overall and they have a chance...

interesting. I have dish network and its being aired on Sun sports there in addition to FSN..

AU Basketball is just pathetic. The free throw line to Auburn basketball is like the endzone to Alabama football. Coaching at Auburn basketball = coaching at Alabama football.

Sometimes I just wonder if there is any intelligence in sports. Who the hell plays fast-break basketball the entire game, then inside a minute stops (which therefore allows the other team to get the last shot of the half). Of course, they decide to try to move the ball with 9 seconds left on the shot clock and don't even get a shot off. Freakin pathetic.

AU Basketball is just pathetic. The free throw line to Auburn basketball is like the endzone to Alabama football. Coaching at Auburn basketball = coaching at Alabama football.

Sometimes I just wonder if there is any intelligence in sports. Who the hell plays fast-break basketball the entire game, then inside a minute stops (which therefore allows the other team to get the last shot of the half). Of course, they decide to try to move the ball with 9 seconds left on the shot clock and don't even get a shot off. Freakin pathetic.

Geez, and here I thought Auburn was getting blown out not down by 2 in a half that they more than held their own. Why don't you grab a dry erase board and start coaching.

anti auburn campaign is alive and well. please go find another team to complain about.

anti auburn campaign is alive and well. please go find another team to complain about.

what he said.

Oh yea, I forgot you can't say anything negative about a team that can't beat a quality team.

And btw, to the comment of down only two. I missed the first 8 minutes, but came in when we were up 12. Then I watched as we fell behind by a point immediately. That is just pathetic. It really is.

Auburn is the greatest team EVER!! WE RULE!!!

Bullcrap. GG said it best the other day.

Dwayne Reed can't pass.

Auburn can't make free throws.

Every shot Auburn does make is absolute LUCK.

The team can't play defense if the Alabama boosters were down there paying them to play defense. They give up the EASIEST shots. Ole Miss will just take easy pick n roll layups and uncontested three point shots. Did you see all the second chance points they have given up to Ole Miss?

Blame it on the numbers, blame it on whatever. When it comes down to it - they are all just excuses. The coaches could play non-scholly players to rest legs. But they choose not to. I don't see that being a problem in football.

Basketball is something I actually know about. I have played it and almost had the opportunity to play ball at the college level. Auburn basketball just doesn't know how to play smartly.

If I had to say something exciting about this team - is that they are fun to watch when on offense. You never know what to expect.

There is a little kid behind Lebo's bench. He is wearing an AU Football jersey. Sums things up

Guys don't get me wrong. I watch AU basketball and hope they win every game. Just watching the game as someone who actually plays bball himself, it's just difficult watching at times. These kids are really skilled and better than myself. I know they have heart and all. But some of the decision making and lack of free throw shooting just gets under my skin.

If there is any team I wouldn't mind being down 7 to in the final minutes against... it's Auburn.

Pathetic

BTW, I give Ole Miss credit for that shot. Great play by that kid.

But we can't make FT's. Pathetic. If Ole Miss is smart, they will just foul us every possession. Every team should when they play us. Put in your scrubs and foul us. We won't score ever!

I know I said some negative things, but I'm happy the team won.

Sometimes I just need to release some frustration. Doesn't mean I don't think there are things to work on.

pchamp you are the absolute biggest idiot here. You run your mouth about how you "allegedly" watch auburn all the time, yet say we can't score, simply because our FT shooting isn't very good. You absolutely totally overlook the fact that we are only playing with 6-7 players and 4 of them are guards. You obviously know as little about basketball as you do about football. You also conveniently overlook what Hargrove, Reed, and Tolbert have done today. Tolbert especially. He's been all over the floor and has, I believe, 25 points so far today. We also shot 10-20 from 3-point range. But, we can't score....

There has never been a "supposed fan" of a team that is as absolutely negative and critical as you are here. It takes absolute perfection to make you happy, then IF that were ever achieved (which it won't be) you'd find something else to complain about. Your act is old, tired, and your anti auburn agenda wore thin years ago.

Please enlighten us as to what it takes to make you happy? I'd love to hear it, even though I know its an absolute impossiblity.

Tough luck, pchamp...Auburn wins 80-77.

An excellent win for our squad today...patching it together with scotch tape and baling wire, so kudos to the team and Lebo.

Great game, and yes you are right Pchamp there are things this team needs to improve upon, but you cannot overlook the fact that it was a team with only 6 scholarship players, starting 4 guards and a small forward because our two best players are inelgible/injured (Dollard/Barber) along with a good 3-point shooter in Archie Miaway, and yet with 4 guards on the floor we won the battle. Not just outside of the paint but inside it as well, they played hard the entire game, thats all you can ask, and turned out we got a win, Tolbert and Reed were phenomenal.

I was getting a little nervous about the FTs also. We can't afford to miss those we need all the points we can get. The way we have to play right now our games are gonna be close if we have a chance to win.

Hey let me point out something to all of you. We just beat the number 18 team in the nation with only 7 scholarship players. If you dont get behind this team and support them then dont call yourself an Auburn fan. Call yourself a bammer and continue to make excuses about how we cant pass and how we cant shoot free throws. I am proud of Lebo and he has won more without his best players than that team at UAT. Is he the best coach we could get...no, but his character through what has happened this year has impressed me. May we play hard every game and hopefully "true" Auburn fans will come out and support the effort. WAR EAGLE!

Archived