Ken Adams Committed Today

The Prowler

Ken Adams' listed as a Tight End....But I think CTT will use him as a DE

Ken Adams 2* TE 6'4" 217 4.65 40

sign and place...JUCO bound.

Surprise surprise. Does anyone actually plan on enrolling at Auburn this summer? I know DeRon Furr is already enrolled, but geez. It appears every commit the last few weeks is sign and place

Eric Smith isn't. Neither is Philip Pierre-Louis or Christian Thompson. Nor is T'Sharvan Bell or D'Antoine Hood.

That's most of the guys who've committed the last few weeks.

Eric Smith isn't. Neither is Philip Pierre-Louis or Christian Thompson. Nor is T'Sharvan Bell or D'Antoine Hood.

Christian Thompson is an academic question-mark. He isn't a guaranteed non qualifier but he has some work to do.

That's most of the guys who've committed the last few weeks.

Don't bother him with facts. They can get in the way of his negativity. B)

Onterrio McCalebb

Derrick Lykes

Christian Thompson

Damion Allen, though I realize he wasn't recent

And now Ken Adams.

So that is four of the last 8 perhaps. So 50% I don't think is all that great and not too far fetch to say it appears just about everyone is going to not be in Auburn.

Then we lost Blair Irvin due to academics it appeared.

The main thing you have to realize here is that we have a limited number of scholarships available. If doing a "Sign and place" doesn't count against your numbers, what's the problem with making a future commitment to these guys and let them develop in JUCO or Prep School?

The main thing you have to realize here is that we have a limited number of scholarships available. If doing a "Sign and place" doesn't count against your numbers, what's the problem with making a future commitment to these guys and let them develop in JUCO or Prep School?

This is a good point. We can only add 18-20 guys this year based on the number of overall scholly slots available. And in every class you have guys that are borderline that surprise you and miss the ACT score by a point or the GPA by a tenth of a point and have to go to prep school. Why wouldn't you oversign and accept some guys you think will be good players even if they'll likely go to JUCO or prep? It might be different if we had 26-27 slots available due to graduation or something. You'd need almost all of those to be qualifiers (and even then we'd probably still go after 2 or 3 sign and place guys.

This is a good point. We can only add 18-20 guys this year based on the number of overall scholly slots available. And in every class you have guys that are borderline that surprise you and miss the ACT score by a point or the GPA by a tenth of a point and have to go to prep school. Why wouldn't you oversign and accept some guys you think will be good players even if they'll likely go to JUCO or prep? It might be different if we had 26-27 slots available due to graduation or something. You'd need almost all of those to be qualifiers (and even then we'd probably still go after 2 or 3 sign and place guys.

Or.....we could be like the Turds and have a guy like CKS Help those players get into the University, hmm?

Seriously though, it's not that bad, because if Auburn didn't get the commitment from them, they'd still be going to Juco or Prep....I think it's kinda win win. If they get their act together and concentrate on School and Football they could become a better player for it. Imagine an 18 year old, fresh out of HS who Barely made it through school and somehow did really well on his SAT or ACT, he then gets to Auburn and the academics overwhelms him....He'll not only suffer in the classroom, but also on the field because he'd be worrying about ALL of the homework and studying that he MUST do to stay qualified by the NCAA's standards and the University's standards. So, not only is this kid getting the apparently needed tutoring and, sometimes, a better education, he's also getting to play the game of football at a higher level than high school. And with being committed to a University there is a better chance that said University would be able to Ink him, once he meets the requirements, or he'd feel somewhat obligated to because that University stuck by him. See what I'm saying? Or, am I not making any sense?

Onterrio McCalebb

Derrick Lykes

Christian Thompson

Damion Allen, though I realize he wasn't recent

And now Ken Adams.

So that is four of the last 8 perhaps. So 50% I don't think is all that great and not too far fetch to say it appears just about everyone is going to not be in Auburn.

Then we lost Blair Irvin due to academics it appeared.

So, I need to get two cyanide packets in the mail....one for powerI, one for pchamp. Or are you guys one and the same, pchamp is just when you're having a good day?

We can only add 18-20 guys this year based on the number of overall scholly slots available.

Not true. We have room for 23-26 full qualifiers in this class, last I heard.

We can only add 18-20 guys this year based on the number of overall scholly slots available.

Not true. We have room for 23-26 full qualifiers in this class, last I heard.

So, it's possible we'll sign 28-31 in this class? Sweet.

Archived