Yes We Can Song

RunInRed

For the record, this was an independent video that was not produced or funded by the Obama campaign.

That's nice. But it completely undercuts the Obama strategy. So far, he's made all this progress as presenting himself as part of the Real America. And he's been successful at depicting Hillary as part of corrupt old order, the product of media elites. So if he really encourages celebrities to get into this campaign on his behalf, he may actually turn off a large segment of his potential base.

Why? Because most people are deeply suspicious of Hollywood. Sure, we go to their movies, and we all have our favorite stars. But there's a deep-seated belief that actors live in complete and total detachment from the working men and women of this country.

Yeah...I get the tired old Hollywood vs. Ordinary America argument. But since when is Obama encouraging this effort? And why is it wrong for some one in Hollywood to voice their opinion? I get what your saying but I don't agree with your conclusion. It would be one thing if these people were serving as the opening act for his campaign rallies etc...but that's not the case. Obama has consistently spoken out against lobbyist, special interest and Washington insiders. The idea that you have to totally isolate yourself from holloywood/celebrities so that the rest of the country can see you as "one of us" ... give me a break. Again, Obama is not flaunting, funding or organizing these efforts. Not a good argument you are making IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived