SI's 10 spot (funny stuff!)

TN TIGER

Inside Nick Saban's recruiting pitch

Despite a 7-6 record in his first season at Alabama, $4 million-a-year man Nick Saban compiled a recruiting class that has been widely acclaimed as the finest in the country. Rivals.com, Scout.com and SuperPrep all gave the Crimson Tide the top spot after Wednesday's National Signing Day.

As always, the 10 Spot wants to go inside the numbers. Specifically, what is Saban's recruiting pitch? Here's an exclusive list of his favorite lines to prospects:

10. We've kicked Louisiana-Monroe off the schedule

9. Son, I can show you how to be an NFL pariah

8. What kind of girly name is "Auburn" anyway? Might as well go to "Chestnut Highlights University"

7. And who do you think built the 2007 Dolphins?

6. I'm telling you, Les Miles is still going to Michigan

5. You'll be exposed to more assistant coaches in four years here than anywhere in the country

4. We're not on probation at the moment

3. No, it's just a high-tech headset; they're certainly not horns, if that's what you were thinking

2. Come help me build a championship program for the next guy

1. I'm rich, bit**!

:roflol:

It works, apparently.

Very Funny!! But really, I fail to see what all the fuss is about. Nicky is simply recruiting like he did at LSU.

None of this should come as a surprise and if not "nipped in the bud" asap...well let's just say CTT needs to NIP IT!! :angry:

He doesn't last in my opinion is that his line is old after 4-5 yrs and the players he's already recruited get tired of hearing him say "I need playmakers, we don't have any, you can start immediatelly..blah, blah, blah

fsmbanner1.jpg

i see someone else is a believer in the flying spaghetti monster... :thumbsup:

Even Alabama and Auburn fans can, together through FSM, be harmonious.

RAmen brother.

I really wasn't trying to praise Bama's class, or cry about our's, I just thought some of the one liners were hilarious. " I'm rich bit&%!!"

Archived