More Trouble for the Criminoles

Proud Tiger

Does that mean No Bowls for two years?? or No TV?? I'm really not sure what the Probation means anymore. Also, how many Football Scholarships will FSU lose for these two years. And, if Forston wanted to...could he get out of his Contract? If he could and wanted to come to Auburn, would we want him?? I wouldn't mind taking some of their New Linebackers...Holy Moly.

here is a direct link to the story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3245751

the story doesn't really give alot of specifics, except all the ones suspended for their bowl game will be suspended for the first 3 games of 08 more than likely. there will also be a 30% across the board loss of eligibility for players in all sports that admit to being part of the scandal. the probation was self imposed by FSU, meaning they think the punishment they have self-imposed fits the crime. it will be up to the NCAA to decide if they will endorse that, or start an investigation of their own based on what info FSU turns in. i doubt they will lose any bowl appearances unless the NCAA steps in, etc.

I really don't know, but I think probation is like being on probation in real life. If you are arrested and then put on "probation," there are certain limits to what you can and can't do in life. But for the most part, if you repeat the violation or commit something against the rules in your probation, then you get in trouble.

So it is my guess that FSU is on "probation" and that if something else happens to a particular athletic program, the penalties are more severe. This is like a mere warning. That is how I took it. I could be completely wrong.

Don't think for a minute that this deal wasn't timed to the second. If I were a member of this signing class I would be PISSED. These guys will be on probation the minute they step foot on campus for something they didn't do. To answer the question posed above about Jarmon, the answer is no. When you sign the LOI you are on the hook. He won't be able to go to a D1 school without sitting out a year.

These self imposed sanctions are usually a lowball offer to the NCAA. It is an admission of guilt, but they are hoping that since the NCAA sees that they are willing to police themselves that maybe they will get off light. By the fact that this is the lowball offer they came out with, that means that some SERIOUS stuff was going on there. I doubt that this will be the end of it. By the time the NCAA gets through with this, Bama's probation may look like a walk in the park.

Don't think for a minute that this deal wasn't timed to the second. If I were a member of this signing class I would be PISSED. These guys will be on probation the minute they step foot on campus for something they didn't do. To answer the question posed above about Jarmon, the answer is no. When you sign the LOI you are on the hook. He won't be able to go to a D1 school without sitting out a year.

These self imposed sanctions are usually a lowball offer to the NCAA. It is an admission of guilt, but they are hoping that since the NCAA sees that they are willing to police themselves that maybe they will get off light. By the fact that this is the lowball offer they came out with, that means that some SERIOUS stuff was going on there. I doubt that this will be the end of it. By the time the NCAA gets through with this, Bama's probation may look like a walk in the park.

I would think someone with a good lawyer who really wanted out of FSU could easily switch to another school. Not a lawyer but breach of contact, false claims...

My point never say never and as a stud player I would rather wait 1 year then be on probation for at least 2 B)

I would think someone with a good lawyer who really wanted out of FSU could easily switch to another school. Not a lawyer but breach of contact, false claims...

Barring a very, VERY important family reason, health reason, or something else that could be considered quite important, you will have to sit out a year if going to another school

Claiming breach of contract/false claims will not last long in court. Past courts have already ruled against such claims (see TCU case in late 80's) where players feel cheated due to things said then what actually happens

Archived