Nice article on Harry Adams and Pierre-Louis

autkidd

these two have me excited. I don't care about the "track star" stigma that they may have about not being tough. Anyone remember Tim Carter?

these two have me excited. I don't care about the "track star" stigma that they may have about not being tough. Anyone remember Tim Carter?

No who was he?

No who was he?

Tim Carter was a blazer of a kick returner and wide out. He ran the 2nd half kickoff back all the way against LSU in 2000. Later, he played for the Giants, and iirc, he was traded last off season.

No who was he?

please tell me you are joking

No who was he?

Tim Carter was a blazer of a kick returner and wide out. He ran the 2nd half kickoff back all the way against LSU in 2000. Later, he played for the Giants, and iirc, he was traded last off season.

... and now plays for the Browns. Point is, these guys could give us the speed and playmaking ability we need with the spread. Get these guys in space and watch them embarass defenders. I'm ready to see how they fit in to the new offense.

... and now plays for the Browns. Point is, these guys could give us the speed and playmaking ability we need with the spread. Get these guys in space and watch them embarass defenders. I'm ready to see how they fit in to the new offense.

I wasn't sure who Tim was playing for - thanks for the info. Adams and Pierre-Louis should be fun to watch. War Eagle!

FYI I know who Tim Carter is.

I think Adams and Pierre Louis could be better than Carter. I think they have more experience playing football than Carter did when he got to AU especially Louis. Pierre Louis is an excellent PR man - something Carter never did - and still just as dangerous as a KR man. I think Carter has a little size on Louis though.

I think Harry Adams is very similar to Carter, except I think Adams is a notch faster and has the added advantage of being able to play defense.

Alex Wright was the best living proof that a pure track star can play football.

Ace was a phenomenal athlete and good guy who worked to transition to football. Unbelievably strong for his size.

Are Harry and Pierre going to run track for Auburn as well as play football? Do we have any two sport athletes at Auburn currently?

Are Harry and Pierre going to run track for Auburn as well as play football? Do we have any two sport athletes at Auburn currently?

From the article

''It's great that both of us will run track and play football at Auburn,'' Pierre-Louis said. ``Harry is a great sprinter. Football helps track, and track helps football. I think it will make each of us work harder at what we do. It will make us push each other.''

Reading is FUNdamental.

I dont think we have any 2 sport guys. I heard Prechae talked with Lebo after all the injury woes at one point, but I guess it wasnt worth the trouble.

From the article

''It's great that both of us will run track and play football at Auburn,'' Pierre-Louis said. ``Harry is a great sprinter. Football helps track, and track helps football. I think it will make each of us work harder at what we do. It will make us push each other.''

Reading is FUNdamental.

I dont think we have any 2 sport guys. I heard Prechae talked with Lebo after all the injury woes at one point, but I guess it wasnt worth the trouble.

Must have overlooked that part.

Speed is just part of the equation.

The receiver must have good hands. I assume that since they were offered and accepted schollys, that hands are not an issue.

For AU right now, the biggest and most questionable variable in this equation is -- Can our qb get the ball into the hands of a streaking reciever? Can we hit a fly pattern or deep post? Will corner backs ever be afraid of our qb's ability to throw over them?

These are all of the real issues. Maybe this is a subject for a new thread.

Archived