And it begins...

TitanTiger

WASHINGTON -- Georgia Congressman John Lewis told WSB-TV Channel 2's Monica Pearson Wednesday that he is switching his support from Hillary Clinton to Barack Obama.

Pearson met with Congressman John Lewis Wednesday afternoon in Washington. She was the only Atlanta TV reporter Lewis spoke to about his switch. You can see her exclusive interview with the Congressman on WSB-TV Channel 2 Action News @ 5 and 6.

Talk had been swirling that Lewis might switch his endorsement from Clinton to Obama. Lewis is a superdelegate who will cast his ballot at the Democratic National Convention.

Lewis told Pearson he was switching his support because his district voted for Obama and he believes Americans are looking for a great change. He also said he had not spoken to Clinton or Obama about his decision.

Please refresh this developing story for updates. Watch Channel 2 Action News at 5 & 6 for more on Monica Pearson's interview with Lewis.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15426208/detail.html

Actually, Lewis is switching to get on the winning team before it's too late. It's the same reason he chose Hillary to begin with: trying to pick the winning horse, not who he actually believes in and wants to win. Nonetheless, I believe you'll see a full scale torrent after next Tuesday switching over to Obama.

Lewis is my US Rep, and its being said that he, for the 1st time in his tenure, might have opposition to his seat in the Dem party. I like his answer though, that he's simply going with how his district voted ( wow, novel concept ! ) but we all know he's trying to save his own seat.

Lewis is my US Rep, and its being said that he, for the 1st time in his tenure, might have opposition to his seat in the Dem party. I like his answer though, that he's simply going with how his district voted ( wow, novel concept ! ) but we all know he's trying to save his own seat.

He does have opposition. A young minister, I believe.

Not that his choice for President has any bearing on his own electability, though. His seat is safe.

So, did you vote for him?

So, did you vote for him?

Lived in his district a few yrs ago, never voted for him. Then moved into Cynthia McKinny's district. Voted her out, once, and then she came back. Was going to vote her out again, but as fate would have it, district lines were re-drawn, and I was put back into John Lewis' district. ( McKinney got booted out of office - btw ) Again, I didn't vote for John Lewis, just left the choice blank.

Archived