Legit question

Whistler

Ok I'm aware there are some rational Bammers out there who were not expecting a national title this year, however I have to expect every bammer was predicting that the streak would be broken this year(it wasn't :big: ). Now bamuh has lost 6 in a row to us, 5 in a row to the corndogs, and 2 in a row to the cowbells and to boot the tahd is one arrest from winning the Offseason Thug Bowl.

My question is, how much time does $aban actually have? Let's say those streaks increase to 7, 6, and 3.Are solid recruiting classes enough to satisfy the dark pink nation and overshadow failures on and off the field?

They MUST do WHATEVER is needed to prop up the $4 mil dollar boy...Count on it...ANYTHING at ALL cost!

I wasn't expecting a whole lot last year, and I wasn't surprised at what happened. If things don't start turning around this year...well, I'll be worried.

Saban will get 4 years total to show the program is going somewhere. He will have four years to defeat Auburn and make Bama a contender in the division. Off-the-field issues and losing to certain teams outside of Auburn won't make a difference. They will give Saban the time for the process to show it is indeed a process on the upswing.

In four years - if he still hasn't beaten Auburn and can't win 10 games at least once, he'll be gone. But I doubt that'll be the case.

I think they will win 8 games this year and "Bear's Boys" book sales will still be out the roof. At the end of the season, bammers will wipe it from their minds like they did with 2007, as if it did not happen and they are still going to win the SEC "next year".

I have said since day one that Saban was hired, Saban will lose to Auburn in 07 and 08. If he does not beat Auburn by 09, he will be GONE. And I stand by that prediction.

IMO, Saban gets 4 years to beat Auburn due to the fact that the 3rd year is in Auburn. Tough to win on the road (and they will have a new QB that season). Fourth year is back at home for him. They gave Shula 4 years, certainly Saban gets equal, if not greater, time.

I just hope we beat bammer this year. There are way too many AU fans getting cocky lately and I'm afraid it's going to come back and bite us. Lets try to focus on this year and not get ahead of ourselves.

I just hope we beat bammer this year. There are way too many AU fans getting cocky lately and I'm afraid it's going to come back and bite us. Lets try to focus on this year and not get ahead of ourselves.

don't worry, on this side of the fence we just automatically assume we are going to lose. so maybe the karma cancels out.

IMO, Saban gets 4 years to beat Auburn due to the fact that the 3rd year is in Auburn. Tough to win on the road (and they will have a new QB that season). Fourth year is back at home for him. They gave Shula 4 years, certainly Saban gets equal, if not greater, time.

I don't believe that Saban gets equal time than Shula. Shula was a home boy who was pretty much universally loved by the fan base when he came in, A lot of people didn't agree with the hire, but they liked the man. He was given a much longer rope just because of who he was and the situation he came into.

Saban is a totally different animal. Saban is a mercenary for hire who was paid top dollar to win, NOW. No excuses, just win. That's why he makes the big bucks. Whether they will admit it or not, most Bama fans had a sick feeling in their stomachs as the team fell apart on Saban as the season progressed. The fact that they survived a wimpfest against a hapless Colorado team at the end of the year did little to help their feelings. Saban saved his own butt by signing a huge class. Suddenly all is forgiven and Bama's back. Now Saban seems to be using up that good will as we speak with his "soft on crime" image.

Unless this team wins some kind of title THIS year, there will be a lot of grumbling going on. Four mill buys WINS, DISCIPLINE, the total package. So far, all he has been able to deliver is a recruiting national championship, a lot of off field issues, a "process", and the same record that Shula produced his last year.

I'm not saying Saban will get fired, though that could possibly happen. The more likely scenario would be that Saban would get sick of the grumbling, freak out and leave town. He seems to be the kind that can't handle being second guessed and he is not in the right place for that.

While listening to WJOX yesterday, a Turd caller-in said "Alabama fans don't want excuses, they want results"! "We are not a patient bunch." I thought that was an accurate description of the Bammer nation and the reason why they're where they are today. ;)

don't worry, on this side of the fence we just automatically assume we are going to lose. so maybe the karma cancels out.

You may want to take another look at the fence to make sure you are on the right side.

No you don't. No you don't. Period.

If that was the case, you'd be hiding your head in shame somewhere else in a grocery bag.

You're not fooling anyone.

No you don't. No you don't. Period.

If that was the case, you'd be hiding your head in shame somewhere else in a grocery bag.

You're not fooling anyone.

when you lose 6 years in a row, you kind of have no reason to assume you will win until your team actually wins one.......if there wasn't such a streak going right now, my opinion would be different.

They MUST do WHATEVER is needed to prop up the $4 mil dollar boy...Count on it...ANYTHING at ALL cost!

Which is why discussion of "how long will it take?" is completely unnecessary. Mark my words: Saban is out after next year. Not b/c of any record, not b/c he will lose to AUburn again,.....nope, b/c he will get caught. Doing what? Don't know. But count on it. The University blows up next year and he directly or indirectly is the cause and will lose his job.

And for you bammers screaming at the screen right now, "Oh, Aubie, wouldn't you just love to see something like that?!?!", the answer is YES!

(Can't stand the buffoon.)

We're not cocky...we're realistic. Certainly we "could" lose...but we shouldn't lose. We're simply better than they are...and with a good D and a prolific end of the year O, we should beat em pretty bad in Tu*d Town this year.... Bout time, I say! Run it up, Tubs! :cheer:

:au::homer:

Tubersteak had a hard time beating weak Shula teams. Which is why you guys are so afraid. You're not dumb enough not to realize what is coming. Close, but not quite. :)

It's time:

CHILI DOGS

1 lb. weiners

1 lb. cheddar cheese

1 lg. onions

1 pkg. hot dog buns

2 cans Hormel chili (no beans)

Place hot dog buns in shallow oblong baking pan. Insert weiners in buns. Shred cheddar cheese over top one layer; one layer of diced onion and one layer of chili. Repeat with onion, chili and cheese. Bake in oven 350 to 425 degrees, approximately 30 to 45 minutes. Complete meal served with salad. Serves 6 to 8.

Tubersteak had a hard time beating weak Shula teams. Which is why you guys are so afraid. You're not dumb enough not to realize what is coming. Close, but not quite. :)

:roflol::roflol: buttplug is always good for a laugh. Not exactly sure how you figure auburn had a tough time with shulas teams, but if it makes you feel better about your pathetic program, have at it. The best team of the shula era was in 2005 when he lucked it up to win 10 games, yet Auburn put that game away in the first SIX minutes with 3 TD's, sacked that horrific excuse for a QB (croyle) 11 times, and dominated that 10 win team. Your living in your usual delusional world buttplug. Outside of one of uat's players pulling a weapon on the field (to keep up with the arrest tradishun established under satan) I assure you we aren't afraid of one thing at that lesser school on the other side of the state. We know exactly what's coming. The probation trophy for 2010. Great news, though, uat will actually have a trophy that the NCAA sanctions. This will be your second one in less than 10 years...congrats... Oh, word is this trophy will be sponsored by Baskin-Robbins..

I think regardless of what happens with Bama's season Saban is gone before the annual trip to Shreveport. He obviously hates T-town. What rational human being wouldn't? I think he has been plotting his exodus since the ULaMo game. I don't think he would pull a Patrino and bail in the middle of the season, but I think his agent has been working behind the scenes to get him out of Alabama. Saban is finding out what Perkins, Curry, DuBose, Fran, Price, and Shula have found, Alabama is the wrost coaching job in America. And quite honestly Stallings, who cheated his way to the NC in '92, kept trying to get out after the probation that followed his success.

And not only has Auburn not struggled with Bama during the streak, all six games have been lop-sided. Sure the score may not have always reflected that, but as a Bama fan has there been a single game over the last six years that you (be honest with yourself) thought Bama had any chance of winning once the fourth quarter started? I don't mean that you "hoped" they could win, I mean that you really thought they could win. Honestly.

:roflol::roflol: buttplug is always good for a laugh. Not exactly sure how you figure auburn had a tough time with shulas teams, but if it makes you feel better about your pathetic program, have at it. The best team of the shula era was in 2005 when he lucked it up to win 10 games, yet Auburn put that game away in the first SIX minutes with 3 TD's, sacked that horrific excuse for a QB (croyle) 11 times, and dominated that 10 win team. Your living in your usual delusional world buttplug. Outside of one of uat's players pulling a weapon on the field (to keep up with the arrest tradishun established under satan) I assure you we aren't afraid of one thing at that lesser school on the other side of the state. We know exactly what's coming. The probation trophy for 2010. Great news, though, uat will actually have a trophy that the NCAA sanctions. This will be your second one in less than 10 years...congrats... Oh, word is this trophy will be sponsored by Baskin-Robbins..

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Gosh that gets me fired up! (Truth always does.)

Good word.

Are we supposed to scared of a team that lost to.......200px-LouisianaMonroeWarhawks.png

Archived