bama Delays Stadium Enlargement

Proud Tiger

bama President says the planned stadium enlargement has been postponed due to the "challenges of raising money during an economic slowdown." Sounds like Nick has drained some pockets dry.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/2008...ATEST/235071918

or maybe they've decided to buy out Gottfried's contract

Nah, he will be back. They don't care much about basketball anymore. Gymnastics is their #2 sport these days.

The football players probably stole the money...

... but seriously, expansions costs tens, if not hundreds of millions. $4M to Saban is chunk change in comparison.

... but seriously, expansions costs tens, if not hundreds of millions. $4M to Saban is chunk change in comparison.

Why did I feel sure you would enlighten us, even though you surely knew my post was sarcastic.

$32M is not.

Why did I feel sure you would enlighten us, even though you surely knew my post was sarcastic.

Did you know that if you cut the head off of a chicken it will run around for a few seconds? It's stupid, I know, but it's reflexive.

Chunk change...is that change in big wads?

Nah, he will be back. They don't care much about basketball anymore. Gymnastics is their #2 sport these days.

well, one could argue that their gymnastics team is actually their #1 sport over the last 8-10 years... It's certainly had more success..

What's AU's #2 sport? Surely you aren't suggesting it's basketball.

What's AU's #2 sport? Surely you aren't suggesting it's basketball.

Based off of success, which was the insinuation in the gymnastics comment, it would be swimming and diving. Back to back to back to back to back national champions....can the gymnastics team say the same?

Actually the number 2 sport at Auburn would be football while Swimming and Diving would be the numero uno if we are basing it on success.

Actually the number 2 sport at Auburn would be football while Swimming and Diving would be the numero uno if we are basing it on success.

That would put football about number 8 at Alabama then, right below paper rock scissors.

That would put football about number 8 at Alabama then, right below paper rock scissors.

Well, they only have 1 Nashenul Champeonship in RPS.

UGA is kind of doing the same thing.

Plans have been drawn up for an extension of Sanford.

Problem is....all the plans are different and we are only doing one of them....do we close the 3rd deck? Close the bridge view? Build AROUND the bridge view?

It will be a BIG PAIN and very, VERY expensive

Luckily, Damon Evans is great financially so we can do it

That's CHUMP change...I'm just sayin'....

:au::homer:

Auburn's #2 sport should be pledge football.

Why would bama enlarge their stadium again? They said it would be larger than Michigan Stadium, who would want to go to a 110,000 seat stadium and watch a team that loses to UL Monroe, Mississippi State 2 times in a row and has a 6-6 record in 2007 and 2006 possosbly 2008?

Why would bama enlarge their stadium again? They said it would be larger than Michigan Stadium, who would want to go to a 110,000 seat stadium and watch a team that loses to UL Monroe, Mississippi State 2 times in a row and has a 6-6 record in 2007 and 2006 possosbly 2008?

Well 92,000 people went to a practice...

jamesearljonesfieldofdrib7.jpg

If you build it, they will come.

True. But don't forget that the price was right that day either. When it doesn't cost you anything and you don't have anything else more pressing in your life that you must do, then why not take in a practice? Just saying ...

It just doesn't seem fair not only are enlarging their stadium (maybe) but they also had th #1 recriuting class in 2008. I'm sure all those 4 and 5 stars saw Auburn win the Iron Bowl 6 times and I'm sure they saw Bama lose 6 games why else would they choose Bama over any other school? Wasn't Saban breaking recruiting or are there any?

It just doesn't seem fair not only are enlarging their stadium (maybe) but they also had th #1 recriuting class in 2008. I'm sure all those 4 and 5 stars saw Auburn win the Iron Bowl 6 times and I'm sure they saw Bama lose 6 games why else would they choose Bama over any other school? Wasn't Saban breaking recruiting or are there any?

:no:

i fear for the track team....

Archived