The Infamous Deleted Blog from Gentry Estes

WAR-MATT

Just an FYI. Doug Amos is someone I grew up with and played sports with all the way through college. Know him very well and he's a BIG Bama homer. He's been in the sports broadcasting business for a very long time. He says without a doubt, Saban shot the blog down. I'll take his word over any yahoo on a message board.

Yup...So will I. But apparently fallsonscissors just can't imagine that his "Precious" ($1 to Gollum) would ever ask....or maybe even, dare I say, TELL the reporter to take the blog down.

Just an FYI. Doug Amos is someone I grew up with and played sports with all the way through college. Know him very well and he's a BIG Bama homer. He's been in the sports broadcasting business for a very long time. He says without a doubt, Saban shot the blog down. I'll take his word over any yahoo on a message board.

Yup...So will I. But apparently fallsonscissors just can't imagine that his "Precious" ($1 to Gollum) would ever ask....or maybe even, dare I say, TELL the reporter to take the blog down.

RWS needs to change his' name to headinsand.....

This morning:

http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/2008/04/allow_..._moment_to.html

To clear the air about a previous blog entry ...

Posted by Gentry Estes April 10, 2008 8:38 PM

Allow me a moment to clarify the circumstances surrounding a blog I posted Saturday night after Alabama's second spring scrimmage (Text is pasted below). The original post was a disclaimer to readers that since media aren't permitted to watch these scrimmages, we can't verify facts in our stories. I felt then and still feel it is important that readers understand this when scanning reports presented to them from closed scrimmages.

However, additional things I did not intend were gleaned from this blog. Never did I mean to insinuate that I had any knowledge of Alabama officials reworking statistics or being otherwise dishonest. The blog is an informal format to express thoughts and ideas in the course of covering Alabama athletics. It is not the same as a story that runs in the newspaper, which this blog did not.

Two days later, after feeling compelled to respond to numerous comments from readers, the blog was threatening to become a time-consuming distraction to my work as Alabama beat writer for the Press-Register. This was a battle I began to feel would do no good for my newspaper or myself. I wish to be known for objectivity and reporting skills rather than a mere blog that made myself the story. This was heading in an opposite direction from those goals. So I deleted the post. Never at any time did anyone from the University of Alabama request or suggest that I remove the blog entry.

After hearing some of what has been said in public forums the past few days and insinuations that have no merit or truth, I now regret the decision to remove the blog post, but not my decision to write it in the first place. So hopefully to clear the air completely, I am now posting the original blog in its entirety.

And he did this to one of your own.

Auburn, get ready to feel the bite of sweet revenge

Issue date: 11/9/01 Section: Opinions

PrintEmail DoubleClick Any Word Page 1 of 1 No matter who wins, the best thing about this weekend's game is that it's not in Auburn, the lousiest village on the plains. I hate your town.

Depending on the wind, it smells like either Southpaw or cow. You can't sleep without hearing a car horn play, "Dixie." You always feel like you're two seconds away from fighting somebody.

Maybe I'm giving Auburn too much credit. After all, blink and you've missed it.

Athens must seem like paradise to an Auburn student. I hope you all come Saturday just to experience what a college town is supposed to be like.

Y'all should be happy to leave Auburn, if only for a weekend. It's a hellhole littered by racist frat boys who dress like Klansmen and have mock lynchings for fun. I haven't decided yet if that little tale is completely horrifying or just plain sad, but it fed a lot of negative stereotypes about the state of Alabama.

I should know. I'm from there. Born and raised a die-hard Crimson Tide fan in Birmingham, I have a groomed hatred for Auburn.

I've lost sight of a sister, a high school sweetheart and several of my closest friends who vanished into the smelly sinkhole in lower Alabama.

It's better here, I promise. Georgia is twice the state Alabama is, what with the paved interstates and all.

Athens is everything Auburn will never be. We've got more than two bars! Amazing isn't it?

For you Tigers who still don't believe me, Widespread Panic is from here. Is there any better way to interest a group of Auburn students than to mention the holy WSP? You know what? They were cool here first.

Auburn deserves credit for one thing. It's a serious football town, or at least it used to be. The younger generation seems more concerned with Ritalin, backward hats, SUVs and violence.

Tiger fans don't have class anymore. After all, Sanford Stadium has no cheesy PA system blaring "Eye of the Tiger."

Georgia doesn't need a crowd meter. It's all about tradition here. But I guess it's difficult to be distinguished when you're playing in "The Jungle."

A girl I encountered outside Jordan Hare last season best represented the Auburn attitude. "Who whipped the Dogs ass? Ha, ha, ha," she sneered (after Auburn snuck by in overtime).

I sincerely hope she's here Saturday when the Bulldogs get sweet revenge.

I want this game bad, and I'm not alone.

Be warned Tigers. This year the Bulldogs are ready. No more predictable play calling. No more not showing up until halftime. Georgia will be ready to play.

These Dogs have bite, and Auburn has it coming.

How in the hell did Auburn beat Florida? I still don't understand. The Syracuse game can be written off because the Baltimore Ravens would have had a tough time playing in New York on that particular weekend.

But since Syracuse, all of Auburn's wins were a play or two away from being losses.

And then Arkansas, following a near-loss to Louisiana Tech?

Looks like Auburn left its best on the field against the Gators.

I know some of you Auburn types have illusions of celebrating an SEC championship in the Georgia Dome. I've got news. That won't happen.

Tuberville is an excellent coach, but the best thing Daniel Cobb ever gives Auburn will be Rudi Johnson.

The Tigers may go to Atlanta, and they'll probably beat Alabama. But Auburn will not beat Georgia. The Bulldogs are better. They've been better for years, and now Georgia has a coach that has brought it all together.

This should be no surprise. Everything else here is better too.

-- Gentry Estes is sports editor for The Red & Black.

I don't understand why you guys are taking up for this guy. Look at what he had to say about Auburn. Doesn't that make you mad? I mean, it is one thing to talk about our coach, because after all at Bama, they seem to come and go, but to talk about our fans and our city. Well, I don't care who pulled his article, if it was pulled, or if he never writes again. Auburn fans, hate us if you must, but don't join forces with this guy that has written such remarks about your school and your city.

People criticize coaches for using their power to keep the media away from the practice field. Well, look at what power these writers have to write what they do. Some of these writers have never played a sport in their life, but they feel that they should be able to go to a practice and tell the fans what is happening and who is good and who is not. Who are they to judge, and should we trust their opinion? I really don't care that Coach Saban is keeping the press away. I want to think(ok dream) that there is something being practiced that will surprise teams next year, and we don't want to let the cat out of the bag. I can't blame Coach Saban for not exactly trusting the press, but I don't like how sometimes he is on the attack mode before it is necessary, but if that is his personality, then we will just have to live with it.

I am a Gene Stallings kind of fan, but we will never have that type of coach again, and I am not talking about the winning record, but just the man. He is not perfect, but I feel that he is a good man, and I know that he loves Bama.

I don't understand why you guys are taking up for this guy. Look at what he had to say about Auburn. Doesn't that make you mad?

No. Unlike Bammers, Auburn fans ARE capable of "considering the source". I think it's comic gold when I see something so blatantly put out there to get rednecks to rattle their chains and beat their yard cars with sledgehammers.

Auburn fans, hate us if you must, but don't join forces with this guy that has written such remarks about your school and your city.

Well, okay. But only as long as you understand that if we DID really want to "join forces" with this guy, Auburn life would dominate the world as we know it.

Some of these writers have never played a sport in their life, but they feel that they should be able to go to a practice and tell the fans what is happening and who is good and who is not. Who are they to judge, and should we trust their opinion?

You're right, we should get someone like you, WinCrimson, Ashandrei, scissors, or even BG out there to give everyone a TRULY "objective" view of things. Forget these educated professionals that have been doing it for years just fine before Saban. Thumbs up on the stellar idea!

I want to think(ok dream) that there is something being practiced that will surprise teams next year, and we don't want to let the cat out of the bag.

I'd go with dream, maybe like that old "deep thought" by Jack Handy describing a shark on the back of an elephant.... trampling and devouring everything they see! It will be amazing.

I am a Gene Stallings kind of fan, but we will never have that type of coach again, and I am not talking about the winning record, but just the man. He is not perfect, but I feel that he is a good man, and I know that he loves Bama.

Okay, that brought a tear to my eye. Tissue anyone?

:big:

This morning:

Allow me a moment to clarify the circumstances surrounding a blog I posted Saturday night after Alabama's second spring scrimmage (Text is pasted below). The original post was a disclaimer to readers that since media aren't permitted to watch these scrimmages, we can't verify facts in our stories. I felt then and still feel it is important that readers understand this when scanning reports presented to them from closed scrimmages.

However, additional things I did not intend were gleaned from this blog. Never did I mean to insinuate that I had any knowledge of Alabama officials reworking statistics or being otherwise dishonest. The blog is an informal format to express thoughts and ideas in the course of covering Alabama athletics. It is not the same as a story that runs in the newspaper, which this blog did not.

Two days later, after feeling compelled to respond to numerous comments from readers, the blog was threatening to become a time-consuming distraction to my work as Alabama beat writer for the Press-Register. This was a battle I began to feel would do no good for my newspaper or myself. I wish to be known for objectivity and reporting skills rather than a mere blog that made myself the story. This was heading in an opposite direction from those goals. So I deleted the post. Never at any time did anyone from the University of Alabama request or suggest that I remove the blog entry.

After hearing some of what has been said in public forums the past few days and insinuations that have no merit or truth, I now regret the decision to remove the blog post, but not my decision to write it in the first place. So hopefully to clear the air completely, I am now posting the original blog in its entirety.

oh, but this can't be true. just ask runswithrocks. a guy on a sports radio show said CNS caused it to be pulled.....plus it was also alleged on an AU fan's blog. so it must be true! :rolleyes:

PrintEmail DoubleClick Any Word Page 1 of 1 No matter who wins, the best thing about this weekend's game is that it's not in Auburn, the lousiest village on the plains. I hate your town.

Depending on the wind, it smells like either Southpaw or cow. You can't sleep without hearing a car horn play, "Dixie." You always feel like you're two seconds away from fighting somebody.

Athens must seem like paradise to an Auburn student. I hope you all come Saturday just to experience what a college town is supposed to be like.

Y'all should be happy to leave Auburn, if only for a weekend. It's a hellhole littered by racist frat boys who dress like Klansmen and have mock lynchings for fun. I haven't decided yet if that little tale is completely horrifying or just plain sad, but it fed a lot of negative stereotypes about the state of Alabama.

I should know. I'm from there. Born and raised a die-hard Crimson Tide fan in Birmingham, I have a groomed hatred for Auburn.

I've lost sight of a sister, a high school sweetheart and several of my closest friends who vanished into the smelly sinkhole in lower Alabama.

It's better here, I promise. Georgia is twice the state Alabama is, what with the paved interstates and all.

Athens is everything Auburn will never be. We've got more than two bars! Amazing isn't it?

For you Tigers who still don't believe me, Widespread Panic is from here. Is there any better way to interest a group of Auburn students than to mention the holy WSP? You know what? They were cool here first.

Auburn deserves credit for one thing. It's a serious football town, or at least it used to be. The younger generation seems more concerned with Ritalin, backward hats, SUVs and violence.

Tiger fans don't have class anymore. After all, Sanford Stadium has no cheesy PA system blaring "Eye of the Tiger."

Georgia doesn't need a crowd meter. It's all about tradition here. But I guess it's difficult to be distinguished when you're playing in "The Jungle."

A girl I encountered outside Jordan Hare last season best represented the Auburn attitude. "Who whipped the Dogs ass? Ha, ha, ha," she sneered (after Auburn snuck by in overtime).

Be warned Tigers. This year the Bulldogs are ready. No more predictable play calling. No more not showing up until halftime. Georgia will be ready to play.

How in the hell did Auburn beat Florida? I still don't understand. The Syracuse game can be written off because the Baltimore Ravens would have had a tough time playing in New York on that particular weekend.

But since Syracuse, all of Auburn's wins were a play or two away from being losses.

I know some of you Auburn types have illusions of celebrating an SEC championship in the Georgia Dome. I've got news. That won't happen.

Tuberville is an excellent coach, but the best thing Daniel Cobb ever gives Auburn will be Rudi Johnson.

The Tigers may go to Atlanta, and they'll probably beat Alabama. But Auburn will not beat Georgia. The Bulldogs are better. They've been better for years, and now Georgia has a coach that has brought it all together.

I don't understand why you guys are taking up for this guy. Look at what he had to say about Auburn. Doesn't that make you mad? I mean, it is one thing to talk about our coach, because after all at Bama, they seem to come and go, but to talk about our fans and our city. Well, I don't care who pulled his article, if it was pulled, or if he never writes again. Auburn fans, hate us if you must, but don't join forces with this guy that has written such remarks about your school and your city.

People criticize coaches for using their power to keep the media away from the practice field. Well, look at what power these writers have to write what they do. Some of these writers have never played a sport in their life, but they feel that they should be able to go to a practice and tell the fans what is happening and who is good and who is not. Who are they to judge, and should we trust their opinion? I really don't care that Coach Saban is keeping the press away. I want to think(ok dream) that there is something being practiced that will surprise teams next year, and we don't want to let the cat out of the bag. I can't blame Coach Saban for not exactly trusting the press, but I don't like how sometimes he is on the attack mode before it is necessary, but if that is his personality, then we will just have to live with it.

Bama My Heart- How are we taking up for him? We're just pointing out what a paranoid control freak of coach you guys have.

You say you can't have a CGS type of coach again, WHY? I feel like we have a coach like you just described. UGA has a coach like that. As do MSU (a coach you could have hired), Vandy (another coach you could have hired) and UK.

This morning:

oh, but this can't be true. just ask runswithrocks. a guy on a sports radio show said CNS caused it to be pulled.....plus it was also alleged on an AU fan's blog. so it must be true! :rolleyes:

And confirmed by a die hard Bammer...... B)

Tell us another fable you bumbling fumbling ball of crimson lip smacking...

Here's a quote from page 2 from me about these sources.

(runswithscissors @ Apr 10 2008, 08:39 PM)

so, wait......let me get this straight. since a guy on a sports radio show in Montgomery says CNS demanded the article be pulled, then it is 110% cold hard proof that he did.

No one said it was "110% cold hard proof". However, it does show it wasn't made up (in other words Prowler saw it somewhere before I posted it). It also shows your digging reallllllllly deep in an effort to act like people don't actually say this stuff about your jackass coach.

Yeah, but we should take you for your word when you speak.

In the words of Goldmember;

"HOW 'BOUT NOOO!!"

You've been slapped again by the rock. av-10141.gif

Bama My Heart- How are we taking up for him? We're just pointing out what a paranoid control freak of coach you guys have.

You say you can't have a CGS type of coach again, WHY? I feel like we have a coach like you just described. UGA has a coach like that. As do MSU (a coach you could have hired), Vandy (another coach you could have hired) and UK.

I'm with you BMH, I would love for y'all to get another coach like Stallings. One more fling with the NCAA, and you'd really be down the crapper.

Josh Moon chimes in.

He had me up to the point where he brought up the UCF tragedy. No need to go there.

Link

COMMENTARY: Biased fans resent idea of fair, balanced sports reporting

By Josh Moon • April 13, 2008

Print this page E-mail this article

Share this article: Del.icio.us Facebook Digg Reddit Newsvine What’s this?

No one creates controver sy in this state quite like Paul Finebaum. The man has a gift -- there's no denying that. Anyone who can take an obscure blog post and get a week's worth of highly rated radio shows out of it deserves whatever he's getting paid.

That said, during all the puffing and blowing over the disappearing and reappearing Gentry Estes blog post this week, one key item went largely overlooked: Gentry Estes' blog post.

Odd, I know. And I'll explain in a minute.

But first, in case you happen to be late to this party or simply don't listen to sports radio, let me give you a quick recap of the week. Last Saturday

evening, following the Alabama football team's second scrimmage of the spring, Estes, who covers the Crimson Tide for the Mobile Press-Register, used a blog post to point out that the stats released by the UA sports information department were not independently verified by members of the media or anyone not working for the university.

Estes' comments, of course, ruffled the feathers of the Tide faithful, who began calling and writing to complain. That seemed to do the trick. Because by Tuesday, the post was no more -- it was removed from Estes' blog without explanation.

That piqued the interest of Finebaum, who had discussed Estes' comments on his show Monday. When the post came down from Estes' blog, it almost immediately went up on Finebaum's Web site. And statewide discussion, speculation and accusations ensued.

But somehow, pretty much everyone has overlooked the points in Estes' original blog post, all of which deserve equal attention.

This is the meat of Estes' original post: "I would like to point out a few things before fans delve too far into statistics and stories about any of Alabama's spring or preseason scrimmages. Without the media present, there is no objective vantage point to the coverage. First off, the information you're receiving is only what Alabama wants you to know."

I would bet you large sums of money that few UA fans ever considered this point. Of course, that didn't stop any of them from calling Estes a "cry baby," a "whiner," or (my personal favorite) a "spoiled member of the media."

Not because they sat down, considered his point of view and found it completely devoid of reason. No, it's because fans -- and to a large extent, readers in general -- don't want the cold, hard truth. That's why we have outfits like Fox News and team Web sites -- so people can get their truth shaped to better fit their viewpoints.

Think about it: If you presented this same scenario to Tide fans but removed Saban and Alabama from the equation, there's zero chance any of these people would stand for it. If a guy on trial for murder got to write the news story about the case, these same people would be screaming.

But since it's Nick Saban -- who we all know would never lie to anyone about anything, ever -- UA fans are perfectly willing to accept this scenario and those scrimmage numbers. Not only that, they're ready to shout you down if you dare to raise a question.

Among the insulting comments that followed Estes' original blog post, several people said that they could care less if the media were ever allowed to watch another UA practice. Let me put this simply: If you believe that, you're not thinking this through (or thinking at all, really). Because stats are just the tip of the iceberg with this issue.

Maybe you can brush off the fact that you don't have an objective source for the passing yard totals from a scrimmage. But could you do the same if faced with a situation involving the serious injury, or even death, of a player? Would you still be so trusting of the coaches and the school administration? Or even better: Would everyone else be so trusting of your coaches and administration?

Before you answer, you should read through the Orlando Sentinel's coverage of the death of Central Florida receiver Ereck Plancher. No two parties involved in that horrible ordeal -- from head coach George O' Leary to the assistant coaches to the players to the school's administration -- has told the same story. And an already ugly incident is turning uglier by the day.

It's possible that everyone's telling a version of the truth in the UCF deal. It's possible that nothing out of the ordinary happened and the coaches and administrators just got their stories a little screwed up. But a whole bunch of people are looking at O'Leary and his staff with a suspicious eye, as those coaches try desperately to defend their actions.

If only one of those whiny, spoiled, unbiased reporters had been there.

Josh Moonis a sports writer for the Montgomery Advertiser. Contact him by e-mail at jmoon@gannett.com

yeah, i agree the UCF thing is a pretty long stretch. suggesting that if there were reporters there that it would be an open and shut case is a little out there. for all he knows, if 3 reporters in addition to the two that witnessed it were there, we may have 5 different stories. as far as the rest of the article, sure i think Estes was being a little whiney about the whole thing. but he's a journalist, and he has the right to whine if he wishes to do so. he has the same right to whine about it as i do to post here that he is being whiney. but i still think that even though he is a beat writer, that does not give him a God given right to know all there is of Alabama football. even if you bought his theory that the stats could have been doctored just because there was no independent verification, what does that change? what would be the motive behind it when A-day was only days away anyways? if we're going to suck again this season, then we're going to suck. the stats of a closed scrimmage will not change that.

yeah, i agree the UCF thing is a pretty long stretch. suggesting that if there were reporters there that it would be an open and shut case is a little out there. for all he knows, if 3 reporters in addition to the two that witnessed it were there, we may have 5 different stories. as far as the rest of the article, sure i think Estes was being a little whiney about the whole thing. but he's a journalist, and he has the right to whine if he wishes to do so. he has the same right to whine about it as i do to post here that he is being whiney. but i still think that even though he is a beat writer, that does not give him a God given right to know all there is of Alabama football. even if you bought his theory that the stats could have been doctored just because there was no independent verification, what does that change? what would be the motive behind it when A-day was only days away anyways? if we're going to suck again this season, then we're going to suck. the stats of a closed scrimmage will not change that.

No, but it would sell a few more Got Recruits? Tees before the masses realize what is really going on.

No, but it would sell a few more Got Recruits? Tees before the masses realize what is really going on.

all I can say is only Bama fans...... :no:

Holy crap man. Scissors, in an effort to look compelling, you fumbled completely by making it seem as if Estes was bitching and moaning about HIMSELF exclusively being denied entry personally or something. He was merely pointing out that NOBODY in the press was allowed, and that you should take what was being pumped out of the scrimmage by the University staff ONLY with a grain of salt because of the sheer fact, those types of exagerations and embelishments DO occur.

To take the old canned "BG" response, you simply disagree and call him "whiney" because he's disagreeing with the way Saban is handling the media. Therefore, this guy's a "whiner".... He just also happens to be a MAJOR BAMMER HOMER TOO! Amazing...

Get back to playing Frogger or something on your Ps2.....

He doesn't play Frogger anymore since I beat him at that too...

He only plays 1 player games like Brittany Spears Dance Revolution..... Rock can't beat Scissors there...

Go figure.. <_<

Holy crap man. Scissors, in an effort to look compelling, you fumbled completely by making it seem as if Estes was bitching and moaning about HIMSELF exclusively being denied entry personally or something. He was merely pointing out that NOBODY in the press was allowed, and that you should take what was being pumped out of the scrimmage by the University staff ONLY with a grain of salt because of the sheer fact, those types of exagerations and embelishments DO occur.

To take the old canned "BG" response, you simply disagree and call him "whiney" because he's disagreeing with the way Saban is handling the media. Therefore, this guy's a "whiner".... He just also happens to be a MAJOR BAMMER HOMER TOO! Amazing...

i agree that he is pointing out that nobody in the press was allowed. however, he was the one that felt the need to write a blog about it recently. did somebody else write one after the scrimmage that i am unaware of? i take ALOT of things in regards to Alabama football with a grain of salt. i'm a "believe it when you see it" type person, so thats why i don't consider stats of a scrimmage to be written in stone. i would hope most take things they hear with a grain of salt until they actually see it, but hey whatever. i don't see why it is so important that he or others should have to be there to independently verify what happened, for the simple fact that i don't take a closed scrimmage so seriously that i need to know the stats to continue to function in life. knowing the stats in a closed scrimmage will not dramatically alter the course of life as we know it. i don't know if Estes is generally a whiney person. my opinion is this particular blog entry is whiney. i know CNS is a dick to the media, thats no real secret. do i always agree with how he acts sometimes? no. so i'm not going to disagree with somebody's opinion based on the blind premise that you suggest.

i agree that he is pointing out that nobody in the press was allowed. however, he was the one that felt the need to write a blog about it recently.

Well, a writer will tend to write at times. Astute observation however RWS. Very interesting. A writer....writing... :o

did somebody else write one after the scrimmage that i am unaware of?

There have been many writings and opinions written scissors. He's also not the first one to write about how Saban's media practices "rib" the media the wrong way.

i take ALOT of things in regards to Alabama football with a grain of salt. i'm a "believe it when you see it" type person, so thats why i don't consider stats of a scrimmage to be written in stone. i would hope most take things they hear with a grain of salt until they actually see it, but hey whatever. i don't see why it is so important that he or others should have to be there to independently verify what happened, for the simple fact that i don't take a closed scrimmage so seriously that i need to know the stats to continue to function in life. knowing the stats in a closed scrimmage will not dramatically alter the course of life as we know it.

So, what you're sayin is, take it with a grain of salt and wait till you actually see it. What a bunch of hooey! You rednecks would slip into Sillytown if you didn't have "word", "rumor", "induendo", or feelings of oncoming domination to stew over in the offseason. You're here RIGHT NOW because you think you have something to be excited about. Reality is, you have no clue what your paper class is capable of, and anything said to the abilities of ANY of them at this point is pure speculation and ridiculousness based on very RECENT past experiences vs. us.

i don't know if Estes is generally a whiney person. my opinion is this particular blog entry is whiney.

Fine, you think it's whiney, and this does NOT surprise me for every reason that we already know.

i know CNS is a dick to the media, thats no real secret. do i always agree with how he acts sometimes? no.

Nick Saban being a dick has absolutely NOTHING to do with what Estes said, or wrote about.

so i'm not going to disagree with somebody's opinion based on the blind premise that you suggest.

You'll just disagree anyway and call him whiney. :rolleyes:

i agree that he is pointing out that nobody in the press was allowed. however, he was the one that felt the need to write a blog about it recently.

Well, a writer will tend to write at times. Astute observation however RWS. Very interesting. A writer....writing... :o

did somebody else write one after the scrimmage that i am unaware of?

There have been many writings and opinions written scissors. He's also not the first one to write about how Saban's media practices "rib" the media the wrong way. - wow, talk about astute observations....i asked if somebody else wrote one after the scrimmage that i am unaware of. who wrote an article comparable to Estes' after this particular closed scrimmage?

i take ALOT of things in regards to Alabama football with a grain of salt. i'm a "believe it when you see it" type person, so thats why i don't consider stats of a scrimmage to be written in stone. i would hope most take things they hear with a grain of salt until they actually see it, but hey whatever. i don't see why it is so important that he or others should have to be there to independently verify what happened, for the simple fact that i don't take a closed scrimmage so seriously that i need to know the stats to continue to function in life. knowing the stats in a closed scrimmage will not dramatically alter the course of life as we know it.

So, what you're sayin is, take it with a grain of salt and wait till you actually see it. What a bunch of hooey! You rednecks would slip into Sillytown if you didn't have "word", "rumor", "induendo", or feelings of oncoming domination to stew over in the offseason. You're here RIGHT NOW because you think you have something to be excited about. Reality is, you have no clue what your paper class is capable of, and anything said to the abilities of ANY of them at this point is pure speculation and ridiculousness based on very RECENT past experiences vs. us. you are apparently the mayor of Sillytown. where in my post did i mention one single thing about a recruit? where did i even hint that this had anything to do with recruiting? i have never said that our 08 class is a sure sign of resurgance. i have said it is encouraging, but i will reserve all out excitement until i see how they do on the field. we sucked last year. i expect suckage this season unless the team shows me something different. same as AU's current streak. i have no reason to believe we will win this season since the past 6 we haven't. so i will mark that as a L until i see otherwise. but way to go on a tangent based on something you imagined.

i don't know if Estes is generally a whiney person. my opinion is this particular blog entry is whiney.

Fine, you think it's whiney, and this does NOT surprise me for every reason that we already know.

i know CNS is a dick to the media, thats no real secret. do i always agree with how he acts sometimes? no.

Nick Saban being a dick has absolutely NOTHING to do with what Estes said, or wrote about. you said that my opinion was based on the premise that i said it only because Estes disagreed with the way CNS is handling the media. now CNS doesn't even have anything to do with Estes' article? last i checked he's the one that made the decision to close the scrimmage.

so i'm not going to disagree with somebody's opinion based on the blind premise that you suggest.

You'll just disagree anyway and call him whiney. :rolleyes:

Archived