The reason ESPN is showing spring games

AU alum

So if bama's turnout had such an effect wound'nt one think they they would show bama because of it?

No, they showed OSU and UF's games. Bigger TV market teams. Makes sense to me.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if bama's turnout had such an effect wound'nt one think they they would show bama because of it?

plus they were both BCS teams last year, and will have good teams this year. ESPN also can't go a month without marketing Tebow.

plus they were both BCS teams last year, and will have good teams this year. ESPN also can't go a month without marketing Tebow.

I'll give you that about Tebow. But does that mean Bama wasn't a BCS team last year (and we know they weren't), and won't have a good team this year? And we know that they won't have a good team, either. Ok, passable, mediocre, average, whatever you want to call it.

I'll give you that about Tebow. But does that mean Bama wasn't a BCS team last year (and we know they weren't), and won't have a good team this year? And we know that they won't have a good team, either. Ok, passable, mediocre, average, whatever you want to call it.

I don't think any Bama fans here expect (or have stated) UA to get more wins than UF this coming season.

So forgive me if I don't understand your point. Or are you just pulling a WarTim and randomly talking trash where it doesn't fit?

You seem a little more rational than most on this board and I don't believe you are talking trash like the rest, so I'll humor you....

Please, name one marketable player on our team and I will agree with you. We don't have a single "star" on this team that the rest of the nation would give a rip about. As far as what kind of team we might have, have you seen one poll where we are ranked in the top 25? I don't think the expectation is that high for Alabama this year, so it's hard to market a team without that kind of interest.

As far as, what kind of team I expect, I always expect a high quality product on the field and my view doesn't change this year. I think any true fan should feel that way.

You seem a little more rational than most on this board and I don't believe you are talking trash like the rest, so I'll humor you....

Please, name one marketable player on our team and I will agree with you. We don't have a single "star" on this team that the rest of the nation would give a rip about. As far as what kind of team we might have, have you seen one poll where we are ranked in the top 25? I don't think the expectation is that high for Alabama this year, so it's hard to market a team without that kind of interest.

As far as, what kind of team I expect, I always expect a high quality product on the field and my view doesn't change this year. I think any true fan should feel that way.

Alabama gets "marketed" by every newspaper, sports radio program, and fireworks stand in Alabama. You're right. The institution (football team, not University) is why 92,000 showed up last year. Just because a lot of people make noise doesn't mean that ESPN is going to show up.

Archived