The reason ESPN is showing spring games

AU alum

They will put anything on TV these days!

Flip the channels...there are women who will parade 14 men out as the father of their baby, have 'em DNA tested and none of them are the father! People will rush to go on TV to eat bull testicles, bugs, worms, you name it! No-talent singers will humiliate themselves for American Idol tryouts.

Just because something is on TV, doesn't make it fit to watch!

B)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering virtually every ESPN article about spring games this year mentioned our turnout last year...I think it's pretty safe to say it had an effect.

What would YOU attribute it to?

When is/was bama's game on?

It was on CSTV last month. I never saw it on Fox or Espn.

Bama acts like they were the first to turn out a lot for a spring game.

i would think 92,000+ qualifies as "a lot".

OMG, why are you still trying RWS? I think it is pretty obvious that auburn fans see no significance in attendance in a spring game and as far as I'm concerned that's great, because alot of recruits and other schools think it's pretty relevant.

What part of "First" did you, obviously, NOT "understand"?

oh, who was the other school to have over 92,000 at their spring game? i was pretty sure UA was the "first" to accomplish that.

I am now certain that a class or two in READING would be of great benefit to you..................unbelievable..................

Bama acts like they were the first to turn out a lot[/b] for a spring game.

Never in auhansel's post does he mention any numbers of any kind. He says a lot. And, NO uat was NOT the first to have a lot at their spring game....

oh, who was the other school to have over 92,000 at their spring game? i was pretty sure UA was the "first" to accomplish that.

One more time, you hang on to a figure that was never mentioned and totally NOT relevant. One more time. He said a lot. No mention of a figure of any kind.

UAT was NOT the first school to have a lot attend their spring game. Not sure how much clearer he could have been.

Never in auhansel's post does he mention any numbers of any kind. He says a lot. And, NO uat was NOT the first to have a lot at their spring game....

One more time, you hang on to a figure that was never mentioned and totally NOT relevant. One more time. He said a lot. No mention of a figure of any kind.

UAT was NOT the first school to have a lot attend their spring game. Not sure how much clearer he could have been.

well then, what number quantifies "a lot"? just how many is "a lot"?

Bama acts like they were the first to turn out a lot for a spring game.

I never said that it wasn't a lot. If you were able to read maybe you would have known.

stop being a jackass. Either you are incredibly stupid(probably) or just a douche(most likely).

Why are you so hung up on numbers? It's not the number that's important, its you acting like uat was the "first" to have a large crowd attend their spring game. They weren't, so move on..

Why are you so hung up on numbers? It's not the number that's important, its you acting like uat was the "first" to have a large crowd attend their spring game. They weren't, so move on..

first it was, "a lot", now its "large", what next "ginormous"? ;)

good grief, RWS. are you working hard to be an ass or is it just coming natural?

good grief, RWS. are you working hard to be an ass or is it just coming natural?

hey, you opened this can of worms. don't blame me because you bit off more than you could chew. you're steadily defending the number "a lot" and i just wanted to know how much "a lot" was. and how much "large" was. as soon as you figure out how much "a lot" is, which school WAS the first to have "a lot" at their spring game since it wasn't UA?

hey, you opened this can of worms. don't blame me because you bit off more than you could chew. you're steadily defending the number "a lot" and i just wanted to know how much "a lot" was. and how much "large" was. as soon as you figure out how much "a lot" is, which school WAS the first to have "a lot" at their spring game since it wasn't UA?

He said, and others have pointed out multiple times that he didn't say it WASN'T A LOT! Yet, you keep crapping your slacks and say he did.

So...

RWS going after the "Blowhard of the Day Award". As if this is anything different...

Here is numbnuts just a couple days ago when spring game attendances wasn't a big deal, and he' taken his ritalin:

quite petty, apparently. if another team can get attendance like that, more power to them. there are other schools with bigger stadiums, so its only a matter of time until another team beats the 92,000+ figure i'm sure.

I hear ya though scissor boy.... Argue with people about the word "lot". Very nice.

Go get'em Captain Kickass!

:thumbsup:

He said, and others have pointed out multiple times that he didn't say it WASN'T A LOT! Yet, you keep crapping your slacks and say he did.

So...

RWS going after the "Blowhard of the Day Award". As if this is anything different...

Here is numbnuts just a couple days ago when spring game attendances wasn't a big deal, and he' taken his ritalin:

quite petty, apparently. if another team can get attendance like that, more power to them. there are other schools with bigger stadiums, so its only a matter of time until another team beats the 92,000+ figure i'm sure.

I hear ya though scissor boy.... Argue with people about the word "lot". Very nice.

Go get'em Captain Kickass!

i was wondering when you were going to jump in this thread. it took a little longer than i had anticipated, though. "a lot" longer, actually. ;)

you guys are not very good at being able to tell when somebody is jerking you around.

i was wondering when you were going to jump in this thread. it took a little longer than i had anticipated, though. "a lot" longer, actually. ;)

you guys are not very good at being able to tell when somebody is jerking you around.

Nope, we know when it's happening. This is more of a case of you knowing when to get out before you look even more stupid than you already do.

I bit off more than I could chew?? :roflol::roflol: That's hilarious, considering what really started this situation is your inability to read and comprehend english. I know you can't be this stupid, RWS... I mean, you're a uater and all, and we do make allowances for that, but damn....

Congrats on your jackass of the day award.

This has to be the most childish argument I have ever seen. So, who was the first??? I know Nebraska had a record crowd of 63,000 a year later I would qualify that as "alot" but not as much. Alabama's previous record was 51,000, and that was 20 years ago at Legion Field. Tennessee had 73,000 in 1986. Ohio State I think had about 75,000 at their spring game this year. Those are all big numbers and whether you think it's "alot" or not I suppose could be a matter of opinion. For instance, if 40,000 show up for a spring game at auburn I would consider that "alot, " again it just a matter of opinion. Alabama had 92K showed up for a spring game last year, this not counting the fans standing on the ramps or even the ones that were turned away at the gate. I think this alone puts attendance in a whole new catergory. JMO, if you don't agree that's fine. I think after the record attendance alot of people saw something marketable and alot of people are jumping on the bandwagon (ESPN included). I've said it before, who cares if auburn doesn't get it, others do and I would prefer it that way anyway. This is assuming that "a lot" is an amount and not a plot of land.

Nope, we know when it's happening. This is more of a case of you knowing when to get out before you look even more stupid than you already do.

oh, sorry, i wasn't aware of that. thanks for letting me know. :rolleyes: i mean if it will make you feel better i could go on and on with it, but i already got my chuckles out of you and WarTim getting your underoos in a bunch. mission accomplished. ;)

Bunched? Aren't you the west vancester that can only find uat's spring game attendance as a shield against the p a i n of SIX?

Your serve............

oh, sorry, i wasn't aware of that. thanks for letting me know. :rolleyes: i mean if it will make you feel better i could go on and on with it, but i already got my chuckles out of you and WarTim getting your underoos in a bunch. mission accomplished. ;)

Ah...the ol' reverse psychology approach. Gotcha... We should pick up on this because this is always your M.O. .... (sarcasm)

I also think it's beautiful that you're saying this to ME, when it's obvious what I do for living on this forum. Trust me, I know how to "mess" with people and how to "jerk" them around. You can also trust me when I say, that YOU are one of the most oblivious to it on a regular basis.

Now, there's a cat in a tree needing rescueing....time to get on the horn... :roflol:

I am simply amazed at the ease of unity the bama fandom has. Its as though blanket responses to every issue and canned retorts are part of some hive mind.

*Saban shouldn't have to answer reporters or treat them with respect.

*We are gonna send you back to being a third teir program aubs.

*With (insert new coach here) we are going to win a nc in 2 years.

*You will never get another instate recruit and we will always stomp you on in state recruiting from now on.

*12 nc's right here, call us when you finally get a second one.

*92,000 people turning out for the spring practice is a great thing for recruiting and doesn't make our fans look desperate.

*Albert Means wasn't paid, we never cheated, its all a setup by Tennessee and the NCAA.

*Saban is punishing the criminals in house, got to give kids a second chance, Blackmon? hes a degenerate punk who Tuberville is selling out to keep.

*Coach (insert coach here) is a great disciplinarian and (insert off/def) genius [year 1-2]. Coach (insert coach here) is a great recruiter but not a good game time coach. [Year 3-4] Coach (insert coach here) is horrible and needs to go. [year 4-5] Coach (insert coach here) was a great recruiter but bad disiplinarian and let the kids slack off in the weight room and couldn't coach a lick, now coach (new coach) has a cubbard full of players and is a genius at (off/def) and a great disciplinarian. [new coach] Its a cycle.

I swear, I can talk to one irrational Alabama fan and get every canned response I need to hear once. They will all be sporting the same ideas and none of them will ever have anything realistic to say about their program like, the left side of our line will be shored up very well this year and that should make our passing game a bit more consistant.

Its always about greatness and National Championships.

Considering virtually every ESPN article about spring games this year mentioned our turnout last year...I think it's pretty safe to say it had an effect.

What would YOU attribute it to?

When is/was bama's game on?

It was on CSTV last month. I never saw it on Fox or Espn.

So if bama's turnout had such an effect wound'nt one think they they would show bama because of it?

Archived