Coveted Michael Moore endorsement goes to,,,,,,,,,,,,

Tigermike

No, it wasn't. You were insinuating that polls don't include "hard working white people". That's about a half a step away from saying "They only poll lazy black people". It's easy to make that connection with what you said.

I think you took this too far. Why did you immediately make the leap from "hard working white people" to "lazy blacks?" Even if CCTAU was right and the polling didn't include "hard working whites," that still leaves:

"hard working blacks"

"hard working Hispanics"

"hard working Asians"

"lazy whites"

"lazy blacks"

"lazy Hispanics"

"lazy Asians"

All he contended was that they aren't polling enough folks he deems to be like himself. You're the one that jumped to a racist conclusion.

I made that jump because of the supporting evidence in the thread that he has a problem with Barack Obama due to his race and name.

We can't have a race based discussion without bringing up Obama's main man and spirtual advisor - the Grand Dragon - Jeremiah Wright, right?

After all, it's OK to raise concens about the black church, black values, etc, but as soon as you wonder if the white people were acurately polled you're a racist?

Obama pubclicly denounced what his pastor had to say.

I'm not going to sit here and say polls are always accurate. I don't put a lot of stock in them any way, but to assume that whites weren't polled because Obama is doing well in the polls is just ignorant. It sounds like he's banking on the racism of white people in the US to win out in the end so the black man doesn't get the Presidency. The fact of the matter is, there are a lot of "hard working whites" who think Obama is the man for the job. To assume otherwise is insanity.

I really wouldn't have commented on this issue had he not kept calling a man named Barrack Obama "Achmed". If that's not racism, well...I don't know what is.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which Michael Moore movies did you actually watch?

Except for a few minutes of Wagons East, I've not seen ANY M.Moore movies. Why? Because I know he's a liar, I have seen clips where it's clear that he takes things out of context, and I've seen him fabricate an entire head line of a paper which never ran.

You know, not every situation works for that " how do you know if you've never seen it, tried it, blah blah blah " line. I've never gone to a KKK meeting, or wore one of those pointed hoods to know what those folks are all about. I've never tried crack just to see if it will REALLY ruin my life, or if that's just hearsay. And I'll never watch a Michael Moore movie ever again.

I know what you mean.Kinda like the Bush administration claims as fact the reason we should invade Iraq.Let's take unreliable,old,not verified,disputed, "evidence" and twist it to fit our agenda, and pass it on to the American people as fact.

Sure, Saddam never expelled UN weapons inspectors, never shot at US war planes in the No Fly zones, never gassed Kurdish villages in Morthern Iraq, etc - that was all a Bush fabrication..... :moon:

However, none of those things were the reason we were given for going in. And UN inspectors were in the country doing inspections when we decided to go to war with them and the gassing of Kurdish villages had happened 15 years prior (1988). I realize Saddam was a bad man, but we went into Iraq because they supposedly posed an imminent threat to us in terms of possessing weapons of mass destruction and the intent to give them to Al Qaida to use on us.

But there still have been no stockpile of WMDs recovered (and the Bush Administration has admitted as much but says the decision to go it was the right one in spite of that) and all evidence shows that there was no collaboration between Saddam and Al Qaida.

Also, in all the time since 1992 when the no-fly zones were established, Iraq didn't manage to shoot down even one Allied aircraft. And prior to the 2002 Operation Southern Focus, incidents of Iraq firing on Allied aircraft had decreased drastically:

The operation continued until it transitioned to Operation Southern Focus in June of 2002. But even before this, as early as May of 2002, both the US and British Forces stepped up their attacks on Iraqi facilities. They began to carry out offensive sorties, not only against targets that had fired on them, but upon installations that had demonstrated no hostile intent. The US claimed that these increased attacks were the result of increasing Iraqi provocations, but later, in July of 2005, the British Ministry of Defense released figures showing that the number of provocations had actually dropped dramatically prior to and just after the increase in allied attacks. Their records indicate that in the first seven months of 2001, there had been 370 provocations on the part of Iraq. In the seven months from Oct. 2001 into May 2002, only 32 such provocations were recorded (See, Michael Smith, "RAF Bombing Raids Tried to Goad Saddam into War," Sunday Times, May 29, 2005). General Tommy Franks later acknowledged that the dramatic increase in offensive sorties was an attempt to destroy the Iraqi defenses in much the same way as the air strikes at the beginning of the Gulf War had (See, American Soldier [2004] p. 342). Needless to say, the Iraqi government in turn, claimed the NFZ and the unprovoked attacks were illegal, and in response increased their futile efforts to shoot down an allied plane. These US and British operations had the (apparently intended) effect of reducing Iraqi ability to counter air strikes prior to the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_no-fly_zones

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a pacifist. I believe we had a legitimate reason to go into Afghanistan to take out the Al Qaida training camps and the Taliban that was protecting them. We should have been devoting our time and effort to rebuilding that country, completely eradicating the fundamentalist element there and turning it into a "beacon of democracy" in the Middle East. If we had, the burden likely would have been shared by most other countries in terms of money and troops and if we'd put together something akin to the Marshall Plan to help that country modernize and build infrastructure, our standing in the world and the state of the Middle East could have taken a dramatic turn for the better. No to mention, we might have caught Bin Ladin by now. But we got distracted by this red herring in Iraq that was unnecessary and is now siphoning off billions upon billions of dollars we could be using elsewhere and is overburdening our military and making it all but impossible to give any serious consideration to getting too tough with what is a real threat: Iran.

No, it wasn't. You were insinuating that polls don't include "hard working white people". That's about a half a step away from saying "They only poll lazy black people". It's easy to make that connection with what you said.

I think you took this too far. Why did you immediately make the leap from "hard working white people" to "lazy blacks?" Even if CCTAU was right and the polling didn't include "hard working whites," that still leaves:

"hard working blacks"

"hard working Hispanics"

"hard working Asians"

"lazy whites"

"lazy blacks"

"lazy Hispanics"

"lazy Asians"

All he contended was that they aren't polling enough folks he deems to be like himself. You're the one that jumped to a racist conclusion.

I made that jump because of the supporting evidence in the thread that he has a problem with Barack Obama due to his race and name.

We can't have a race based discussion without bringing up Obama's main man and spirtual advisor - the Grand Dragon - Jeremiah Wright, right?

After all, it's OK to raise concens about the black church, black values, etc, but as soon as you wonder if the white people were acurately polled you're a racist?

I'm not going to sit here and say polls are always accurate. I don't put a lot of stock in them any way, but to assume that whites weren't polled because Obama is doing well in the polls is just ignorant. It sounds like he's banking on the racism of white people in the US to win out in the end so the black man doesn't get the Presidency. The fact of the matter is, there are a lot of "hard working whites" who think Obama is the man for the job. To assume otherwise is insanity.

I really wouldn't have commented on this issue had he not kept calling a man named Barrack Obama "Achmed". If that's not racism, well...I don't know what is.

Is islam a race now? Hmmm. If so, yeah, I'm racist. I want every muslim who wants me to convert or die...DEAD. And I, and many others, feel achmed is too closely related to the religion that wants us in the minority or dead. He called us typical white people. He called rural poor whites basically too ignorant to see that guns and God are a factor of our ignorance and bitterness toward the world for taking our jobs away.

Call me what you want, achmed cares about the white man about as much as his mentor Jeremiah. He just hides it better.

snob.jpg

"hard working blacks"

"hard working Hispanics"

"hard working Asians"

"lazy whites"

"lazy blacks"

"lazy Hispanics"

"lazy Asians"

Is islam a race now? Hmmm. If so, yeah, I'm racist. I want every muslim who wants me to convert or die...DEAD. And I, and many others, feel achmed is too closely related to the religion that wants us in the minority or dead. He called us typical white people. He called rural poor whites basically too ignorant to see that guns and God are a factor of our ignorance and bitterness toward the world for taking our jobs away.

Call me what you want, achmed cares about the white man about as much as his mentor Jeremiah. He just hides it better.

snob.jpg

Who is 'achmed?'

Is islam a race now? Hmmm. If so, yeah, I'm racist. I want every muslim who wants me to convert or die...DEAD. And I, and many others, feel achmed is too closely related to the religion that wants us in the minority or dead.

Ooooooh OK. It's just that you're ignorant about Islam. I get it now. Not only do you link Obama to Islam (when he isn't a Muslim), you don't even know what the majority of Muslims abide by and feel. I guess there's never been such a thing as a radical Christian.

Is islam a race now? Hmmm. If so, yeah, I'm racist. I want every muslim who wants me to convert or die...DEAD. And I, and many others, feel achmed is too closely related to the religion that wants us in the minority or dead.

Ooooooh OK. It's just that you're ignorant about Islam. I get it now. Not only do you link Obama to Islam (when he isn't a Muslim), you don't even know what the majority of Muslims abide by and feel. I guess there's never been such a thing as a radical Christian.

Yep. Those radical Christians are everywhere, blowing up folks in markets. Cutting off heads. Stoning women who don't have their face covered. Those radical Christians are just exploding all over the Earth. We better watch out for those guys.

It's nice to have another muslim apologist on board. Welcome. Post about your peaceful religion early and often.

Yep. Those radical Christians are everywhere, blowing up folks in markets. Cutting off heads. Stoning women who don't have their face covered. Those radical Christians are just exploding all over the Earth. We better watch out for those guys.

It's nice to have another muslim apologist on board. Welcome. Post about your peaceful religion early and often.

Have you ever heard of the Crusades? Face it, attrocities are committed in the name of religion a LOT, and hardly ever have actual religious basis. Islam is just the religion of the day terrorists use to convince their more impressionable followers that blowing themselves up is a good idea.

By the way, I'm not Muslim. But, I do know enough about the religion to recognize the difference between raidcals and non-radicals. The ones that committ terrorist acts are in the extreme minority, but they make the news because, guess what, they're the ones killing people.

You remind me of one of those non-Christians who try to generalize the Christian faith because of idiots like Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson.

Have you ever heard of the Crusades? Face it, attrocities are committed in the name of religion a LOT, and hardly ever have actual religious basis. Islam is just the religion of the day terrorists use to convince their more impressionable followers that blowing themselves up is a good idea.

By the way, I'm not Muslim. But, I do know enough about the religion to recognize the difference between raidcals and non-radicals. The ones that committ terrorist acts are in the extreme minority, but they make the news because, guess what, they're the ones killing people.

You remind me of one of those non-Christians who try to generalize the Christian faith because of idiots like Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson.

First of all, the Crusades were not merely mean old Christians attacking peaceful Muslims, despite what your indoctrination at school might have conveyed to you. Some mean old Muslims first attacked and forcibly took over Palestine in the 7th century, then set their sights on Europe and the east (Turkey, Northern Greece, etc.). But aside from all that...that was like 800 years ago. Are you honestly comparing what is going on with radical Islam right now and for the last 20+ years to something people in the Dark Ages did eight centuries ago?

What happens right now when a TV personality or an artist insults Christians by tearing up a picture of the Pope, depicting a crucifix dipped in urine, creating a movie that presents Jesus as a delusional lunatic, etc? People might protest by boycotting something, writing letters to the paper, going on news shows to denounce it, or picketing a store or museum. What you don't have is rioting in the streets, burning of flags, fatwas declaring a death sentence on the perceived perpetrators and promises from proven homicidal maniac groups like Al Qaeda to do the same thing on your soil that they did to the World Trade Center in NY because you said less than glowing things about Mohammed.

Try to have some perspective and some sense of proportion.

First of all, the Crusades were not merely mean old Christians attacking peaceful Muslims, despite what your indoctrination at school might have conveyed to you. Some mean old Muslims first attacked and forcibly took over Palestine in the 7th century, then set their sights on Europe and the east (Turkey, Northern Greece, etc.). But aside from all that...that was like 800 years ago. Are you honestly comparing what is going on with radical Islam right now and for the last 20+ years to something people in the Dark Ages did eight centuries ago?

What happens right now when a TV personality or an artist insults Christians by tearing up a picture of the Pope, depicting a crucifix dipped in urine, creating a movie that presents Jesus as a delusional lunatic, etc? People might protest by boycotting something, writing letters to the paper, going on news shows to denounce it, or picketing a store or museum. What you don't have is rioting in the streets, burning of flags, fatwas declaring a death sentence on the perceived perpetrators and promises from proven homicidal maniac groups like Al Qaeda to do the same thing on your soil that they did to the World Trade Center in NY because you said less than glowing things about Mohammed.

Radical Islam. Why don't you try having some perspective? Take your own advice. Radical Muslims are the miniority...and by minority I mean they are insignificant number wise as opposed to good, upstanding people of the Islamic faith. Noone is saying what they did isn't horrible. CC is just displaying a vast religious intollerance and ignorance. That's all there is to it. Why defend a biggot?

Radical Islam. Why don't you try having some perspective? Take your own advice. Radical Muslims are the miniority...and by minority I mean they are insignificant number wise as opposed to good, upstanding people of the Islamic faith. Noone is saying what they did isn't horrible. CC is just displaying a vast religious intollerance and ignorance. That's all there is to it. Why defend a biggot?

Do you read? I said "radical Islam." I wasn't castigating the entire religion. I have perspective. When you bring up the Crusades as if 1) something that happened 800 years ago is applicable to something that is happening right now and is ongoing and 2) it was some example of horrible Christians attacking peace-loving Muslims, it tells me you utterly lack historical perspective and understanding.

But the point is, there is no "radical Christianity" or "radical Judaism" to draw comparisons with these days. Aside from a handful of kooks here or there, such an animal doesn't exist. So I really don't have a problem when someone points out the differences.

Either he is a Christian and went to church every week to hear Pastor Wright or he is a muslim. Which is it? He can't be both!

Do you read? I said "radical Islam." I wasn't castigating the entire religion. I have perspective. When you bring up the Crusades as if 1) something that happened 800 years ago is applicable to something that is happening right now and is ongoing and 2) it was some example of horrible Christians attacking peace-loving Muslims, it tells me you utterly lack historical perspective and understanding.

But the point is, there is no "radical Christianity" or "radical Judaism" to draw comparisons with these days. Aside from a handful of kooks here or there, such an animal doesn't exist. So I really don't have a problem when someone points out the differences.

No no no. I know you said radical, and I was just empasizing. The last part of your post before, you insinuated that only Muslims react in the extreme to "wrongs". That's why I empasized the radical. To be fair, Muslims are far more outspoken about how their religioius figures are portrayed than Christians...and that's a difference of values I suppose. Some just take it way further than most (obviously).

The point I was making about the Crusades is that killing in the name of religion is nothing new, and isn't restricted to Muslims.

You are late to the game. We have already had these discussions. Tell me how many Christians stand up and cheer when one of the few right wing nut cases commit an atrocity. Can't name many, huh? Now tell me how many FREAKING MUSLIM COUNTRIES cheered at 9/11. You are a muslim apologist. You must have cheered when those buildings fell too. I see no muslims denouncing the killing in the name of allah. Secretly they hope to conquer us also. They just know it would be foolish to try right now. And how many of those muslims think ole Barry Hussein is their enemy? Not many.

Hence ole achmed has a nice muslim following around the world.

You must have cheered when those buildings fell too.

That was uncalled for and, frankly, you can go straight to hell.

I see no muslims denouncing the killing in the name of allah. Secretly they hope to conquer us also.

You couldn't possibly be a bigger biggot. You baffle me every time your fingers touch the keyboard. So, just curious, what rank in the KKK are you?

They blow up abortion clinics

You are late to the game. We have already had these discussions. Tell me how many Christians stand up and cheer when one of the few right wing nut cases commit an atrocity. Can't name many, huh? Now tell me how many FREAKING MUSLIM COUNTRIES cheered at 9/11. You are a muslim apologist. You must have cheered when those buildings fell too. I see no muslims denouncing the killing in the name of allah. Secretly they hope to conquer us also. They just know it would be foolish to try right now. And how many of those muslims think ole Barry Hussein is their enemy? Not many.

Hence ole achmed has a nice muslim following around the world.

www.freemuslims.org. There's one

I see no muslims denouncing the killing in the name of allah. Secretly they hope to conquer us also.

You couldn't possibly be a bigger biggot. You baffle me every time your fingers touch the keyboard. So, just curious, what rank in the KKK are you?

Thank Mr. Apologist. May I have another?

I still don't see where a religion is a race?

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This

big·ot Audio Help /ˈbɪgət/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[big-uht] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

The KKK doesn't just hate people of other races, religions too....but you really should know that.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This

big·ot Audio Help /ˈbɪgət/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[big-uht] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

The KKK doesn't just hate people of other races, religions too....but you really should know that.

I'm sorry. You switched from racist to bigot (misspelled it too). I didn't notice. Folks like you usually just keep throwing the race card out for everything. So after a while we get numb to it. Ok. Since I don't trust a religion that wants me to comply or die, now I'm a bigot. Welcome to America, Jack. We usually don't accept those who want us dead. And yes we hear all the time how islam is a religion of peace. We just can't get past all of the death and body parts that religion produces. Take a look at islam in this country. They used to be happy to be here. But now that we have folks like you who want to capitulate to the terrorists, it emboldens the muslims in this country to stand up and force their religion on those around them. Give it time and you will find that you will be accepted by islam, ONLY IF YOU COMPLY. I don't mind being an ignorant bigot as long as it helps keep this country clear of the hate that islam is bringing to the rest of the world. Appeasement is not a foreign policy.

I'm sorry. You switched from racist to bigot (misspelled it too). I didn't notice.

Don't go all grammar/spelling-Nazi on me now.

folks like you who want to capitulate to the terrorists,

There's a big difference between surrendering to terrorists and being tolerant of someone else's religion, especially when it's not the religion as a whole that is condoning these actions....but I guess you're just not gonna get that.

it emboldens the muslims in this country to stand up and force their religion on those around them.

What the hell does that even mean? As far as I know, every major religion witnesses in some form or fashion, and every major religion forces itself on people in the countries where they're prodominant (Christianity is a prime example...although you'll never admit it since you're in the majority)

Give it time and you will find that you will be accepted by islam, ONLY IF YOU COMPLY.

Even if that was the case, which it isn't, so what? What are they going to do? Begin a wide-scale terrorism campaign against non-believers? Yeah...OK. Then every Muslim in the world will be branded as an outlaw and hunted down. Somehow I doubt that it's the Islamic faith's super secret plan to suddenly turn on the world and start blowing s*** up on a global scale.

As far as complying or being shunned...how is Christianity any different? It isn't.

I don't mind being an ignorant bigot as long as it helps keep this country clear of the hate that islam is bringing to the rest of the world.

Trust me, it isn't helping.

Like I said, "Apologist."

Muslims are already blowing up people all over the world. Where have you been. Christians don't wish you dead if you ignore them, muslims do. It's in their edict, convert or die. Hell they even kill other muslims that do not believe as they do. What do you think the muslims in Detroit are doing? They are blowing that horn 5 times a day and normal folks can't stop it. We are so tollerent that we eventually will have to comply or die. Just because it's not happening in this country yet, does not mean it won't. Look at the UK? What planet do you live on?

Like I said, "Apologist."

For s***'s sake look that word up. Not ONCE have I defended terrorists. All I've defended is the right of religion. All I've tried to do is explain to you is that the vast majority of Muslims aren't terrorists. You seriously have the reading comprehension of a dog. Also, since you're so keen on correcting others' spelling and grammar, you need to reread your entire previous post.

Have you ever even had an intelligent discussion with a person of the Islamic faith, or do you just get all of your backwards information from your fundamentalist pastor?

Have you ever even had an intelligent discussion with a person of the Islamic faith, or do you just get all of your backwards information from your fundamentalist pastor?

Would that be a little like Obama getting his view of America from his preacher?

Would that be a little like Obama getting his view of America from his preacher?

Touche. But hey, he denounced what he said. I'd like to point out for CC that you said preacher...as in Christian preacher.

Just so noone takes what I said in a different light, I just want you all to know I'm not a Democrat. Far from it....although Republican action over the past few years has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Obama didn't denounce it UNTIL it was brought up in the media like it was. He had no choice to denounce it...

I don't mind his name, I mind his socialist ideals. Life is not fair, nor will it every be.

Personally I don't want the Government to end up being responsible for the money that I work so hard for.

First comes this health care crap and then what next... rationing out food, because some people can't make the money to eat properly... That is their own damn fault.

Archived