Tide lands a RB...

Ashandarei

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy is highly rated and big. Most folks on here don't agree with me but AU has not offered to many big RBs and most of the highly rated ones are already committed. This is another one that got away.

This guy is highly rated and big. Most folks on here don't agree with me but AU has not offered to many big RBs and most of the highly rated ones are already committed. This is another one that got away.

He had an offer from Auburn.

We probably lost Richardson when we recently signed Rodney Scott, also out of Fla. Not sour grapes but Scott at 190# with 4.4 speed is probably a better fit for our new offense than a bigger RB like Richardson.

We probably lost Richardson when we recently signed Rodney Scott, also out of Fla. Not sour grapes but Scott at 190# with 4.4 speed is probably a better fit for our new offense than a bigger RB like Richardson.

Especially since we already have Eric Smith who is more in the FB mold, and Ben Tate for another 2 years. Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm gonna trust the AU coaches decisions on who they wanna go after heavily at RB.

Good luck to the kid. IF he can stay out of JAIL, and IF he can make the grade, and IF he can actually help Bama win the all important BBNC, then he will be worth at least three more losses to Auburn ;). Make it four.

I noticed Rivals listed him a soft committment to the Bammers. Does that mean he still plans to visit other schools and could still wind up somewhere else?

He told Saban that he still wanted to take his visits, and Saban said that he had no problem with that.

I noticed Rivals listed him a soft committment to the Bammers. Does that mean he still plans to visit other schools and could still wind up somewhere else?

Nothing's final until he signs on the dotted line, but he talks like he's there for good.

No, he just likes Bama (they got on him first) and its a good fit for him. He'll take visits so its definitely not over but I think he ends up at Bama.

He told Saban that he still wanted to take his visits, and Saban said that he had no problem with that.

Isn't that a somewhat new policy or attitude for Saban?

What's the Bama depth chart look like at RB for 2009? Is this kid gonna get immediate PT? Looks like he could contribute right away, depending who is ahead of him on the depth chart.

T.Grant (SO) R. Upchurch (JR) and G. Coffee (JR) will probably be listed as the starters begining the season.

Jonathan Lowe (SR) will be in the mix as well.

J. Johns (SR) is moving to LB, B. Huber (JR) and P. Hanrahan (SR) might be moved to Defense as well.

Redshirts from last year D. Goode (RFR) and J. Griffin (RFR) along with this years class of M. Ingram (FR) I.Matchett (FR) and J. Preyear (FR) will contribute. C. Jordan (FR) will get a look at RB but they recuited him as a LB. This is the most depth I have seen at RB at Bama in a long time. I doubt he will get immediate PT, but if he comes in as the best, and gives us the greatest chance to win then who knows..

Well, I hope this kid likes becoming the next RB to LB move....Not saying that it's bad or anything, being that he's Big and has speed. I see him as more of a LB than a RB in the McElwain Spread.

What's the Bama depth chart look like at RB for 2009? Is this kid gonna get immediate PT? Looks like he could contribute right away, depending who is ahead of him on the depth chart.

T.Grant (SO) R. Upchurch (JR) and G. Coffee (JR) will probably be listed as the starters begining the season.

J. Johns (SR) is moving to LB, B. Huber (JR) and P. Hanrahan (SR) might be moved to Defense as well.

Redshirts from last year D. Goode (RFR) and J. Griffin (RFR) along with this years class of M. Ingram (FR) I.Matchett (FR) and J. Preyear (FR) will contribute. C. Jordan (FR) will get a look at RB but they recuited him as a LB. This is the most depth I have seen at RB at Bama in a long time. I doubt he will get immediate PT, but if he comes in as the best, and gives us the greatest chance to win then who knows..

No you recruited him as a running back, we recruited him as a LB. That's the reason you got him..... B)

Well, I hope this kid likes becoming the next RB to LB move....Not saying that it's bad or anything, being that he's Big and has speed. I see him as more of a LB than a RB in the McElwain Spread.

If last year was any indication, we could use a few big RB. I like Grant but I just don't think he can take the beating to be an every down back. I like the bigger RBs that Saban is bringing in.

No you recruited him as a running back, we recruited him as a LB. That's the reason you got him..... B)

Is that why Enrique left as well? ;)

Even though this kid is 210lbs and 5-10...the rivals guy said Trent won a 100m event earlier this year.

So apparently he can scoot.

Ranked as the #3 RB in the nation, I doubt he was recruited by anyone as a LB.

The Pensacola News had an article regarding him and his middle school joournalism teacher posted a congratulatory message that also expounded about his good character. Sounds like Bammer got a good one. RWS..I apologize for not posting the link. If you need proof and hurry, you can find the article without having to pay to access the archives.

Even though this kid is 210lbs and 5-10...the rivals guy said Trent won a 100m event earlier this year.

So apparently he can scoot.

Ranked as the #3 RB in the nation, I doubt he was recruited by anyone as a LB.

And, FWIW at this point in time, Rodney Scott is ranked the #5 APB so is better suited to Auburn's offense. Rivals ranks both Richardson and Scott as 4-stars. So where is all the hoopla?

And, FWIW at this point in time, Rodney Scott is ranked the #5 APB so is better suited to Auburn's offense. Rivals ranks both Richardson and Scott as 4-stars. So where is all the hoopla?

I wasn't aware that anyone said anything negative about Scott.

Archived