Tide lands a RB...

Ashandarei

And, FWIW at this point in time, Rodney Scott is ranked the #5 APB so is better suited to Auburn's offense. Rivals ranks both Richardson and Scott as 4-stars. So where is all the hoopla?

I wasn't aware that anyone said anything negative about Scott.

I would think it is OK for either school to be excited about either recruit. Good pick up with Scott, I agree that he is better suited for the new offense.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trent had 1300 yards and 15td's in 7 games. Something tells me that he will be a 5 star before all is said and done.

Trent had 1300 yards and 15td's in 7 games. Something tells me that he will be a 5 star before all is said and done.

Rivals will probably move him up to 5 star b/c he has committed to Bama. Rivals are huge Bama Homers. Before you burn the keyboards disputing that statement, realize that you have to watch the recruit rating progressions from beginning to the end of the year, over the course of several years to realize the homerism.

I haven't noticed a bias of any type with Scout.

Rivals will probably move him up to 5 star b/c he has committed to Bama. Rivals are huge Bama Homers. Before you burn the keyboards disputing that statement, realize that you have to watch the recruit rating progressions from beginning to the end of the year, over the course of several years to realize the homerism.

its funny how alot of AU fans will trash Rivals, but then when Scout ranks a player lower or says something negative about an AU signee or recruit, then they cite Rivals as the Holy Grail.

Your theory has been crushed many times before.

And, FWIW at this point in time, Rodney Scott is ranked the #5 APB so is better suited to Auburn's offense. Rivals ranks both Richardson and Scott as 4-stars. So where is all the hoopla?

I wasn't aware that anyone said anything negative about Scott.

Where did I say they did? Please read before responding.

I noticed Rivals listed him a soft committment to the Bammers. Does that mean he still plans to visit other schools and could still wind up somewhere else?

He told Saban that he still wanted to take his visits, and Saban said that he had no problem with that.

Isn't that a somewhat new policy or attitude for Saban?

You look...we look.

its funny how alot of AU fans will trash Rivals, but then when Scout ranks a player lower or says something negative about an AU signee or recruit, then they cite Rivals as the Holy Grail.

Link?

This is why for the most part, I stay out of here and hang out in the Political forum. There is just way too much arguing in here. :(

I noticed Rivals listed him a soft committment to the Bammers. Does that mean he still plans to visit other schools and could still wind up somewhere else?

He told Saban that he still wanted to take his visits, and Saban said that he had no problem with that.

Isn't that a somewhat new policy or attitude for Saban?

No, it isn't.

The "you shop, we shop" line was directed toward commits that had pledged under Shula.

• 1 month later...

Trent Richardson from Pensacola

5'11 210 4.5 - 40.

Man I am glad we got him and you guys didn't. He looks mean.

just to accent that a little, here are some workout pics....

http://alabama.rivals.com/photofeature.asp...5&fid=23433

Link requires membership....and this thread is kind of old. Also, I doubt many of the fans here really care what your recruits look like with their shirts off.

Trent Richardson from Pensacola

5'11 210 4.5 - 40.

Man I am glad we got him and you guys didn't. He looks mean.

just to accent that a little, here are some workout pics....

http://alabama.rivals.com/photofeature.asp...5&fid=23433

Link requires membership....and this thread is kind of old. Also, I doubt many of the fans here really care what your recruits look like with their shirts off.

seems at least once a week there are "Summer Workout" pics of AU players shirtless on the AU Rivals page. and also, there aren't any pics of Richardson shirtless on that link. you must be thinking about the AU Rivals page :poke:

Didn't $aban say just the opposite last year? He said something to the effect that if committments took another visit, Bama would pull their offer. Or am I remembering it wrong?

Didn't $aban say just the opposite last year? He said something to the effect that if committments took another visit, Bama would pull their offer. Or am I remembering it wrong?

the "you shop, we shop" was directed to those who had given their verbal to Shula and company. CNS apparently had no problem with guys in the 08 class taking all of their visits, and actually encourages them to do so.

So, how'll it feel when TR de-commits and commits to LSU? That might put a little pi$$ in Coach $'s morning coffee.

So, how'll it feel when TR de-commits and commits to LSU? That might put a little pi$$ in Coach $'s morning coffee.

dunno, how will it feel when Rodney Scott decommits from AU? there is WAAAAAAY more chance of that happening than TR decommitting from UA.

how is it that the Prowler manages to say the one thing that will make him look most like a fool? I've not seen on any forum someone so educated and at the same time hide it so well.

dunno, how will it feel when Rodney Scott decommits from AU? there is WAAAAAAY more chance of that happening than TR decommitting from UA.

Oh no, someone might decommit, what can I do, six in a row...vs. a recruit decommitting, yeah I feel the pain.

Scott will more than likely decommit but so will TR. He loves him some Baton Rouge and PaPa High-hat....

Scott will more than likely decommit but so will TR. He loves him some Baton Rouge and PaPa High-hat....

I thought Scott decommited several weeks ago and said he would go to USF. Do I have him mixed up with someone else?

I thought Scott decommited several weeks ago and said he would go to USF. Do I have him mixed up with someone else?

he keeps eluding to the fact that he wants to stay close to home but hasn't done anything officially. i.e. tell the coaches or commit to another school.

the "you shop, we shop" was directed to those who had given their verbal to Shula and company. CNS apparently had no problem with guys in the 08 class taking all of their visits, and actually encourages them to do so.

No smack intended, but doesn't this seem a little counter-intuitive? Seems like the reverse approach would make more sense: "Okay, you gave your word to another guy (Shula), so I understand if you have second thoughts now. But for those of you who made a commitment directly to me, I expect you to honor that."

There are two ways of looking at Shula's last commits: 1) CNS would have liked to see some of them go elsewhere so he could replace them with his own guys, or 2) getting such a late start in recruiting his first year, he didn't want to lose anyone because he might not have time to find replacements. I'm not sure which makes more sense. I don't know if "you shop, we shop" was intended more to keep Shula's guys from shopping, or to give Nick the option/justification to do his own shopping.

[and again, no smack intended...I'm not attacking Saban on this issue in either case.]

You can't always do the "You shop, we shop" bit now. As early, and obviously non-binding, commits are the thing to do, you can't fault any of these juniors for looking around. Though I think it mostly applied to Saban's first year of recruits, though I do think you are correct about the 'If you gave me your commit part', quietfan.

how is it that the Prowler manages to say the one thing that will make him look most like a fool? I've not seen on any forum someone so educated and at the same time hide it so well.

Got a mirror? :poke:

Archived