Bud Cramer

RunInRed

U.S. Rep. Bud Cramer still hasn't chosen Obama or Clinton

Posted by Kent Faulk -- Birmingham News June 03, 2008 1:01 PM

U.S. Rep. Bud Cramer, D-Huntsville, this morning wouldn't say which candidate -- Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton -- would get his Democratic Party super delegate vote but he might announce it within the next day.

He also said -- as national reports now have -- that the Democratic race might be over.

"I think we're going to see developments today and tonight that perhaps resolve this," Cramer said.

Cramer did say he's been talking to both the Clinton and Obama campaigns about missile defense and space exploration -- two critical economic issues for the Huntsville area.

"I had a terrific meeting with Barack Obama a few weeks ago," Cramer said. "I was very impressed with Barack Obama ... I think he's likely to be the nominee and I want to continue to be a voice to his campaign about space and missile defense."

Cramer said Obama had positions about space exploration and how far along the space agency was in funding a return trip to the Moon and on to Mars.

He said Obama made it clear that the exploration program was not just a signature of the Bush Administration, but one that many congressmen had wanted for years.

"I wanted them to look at the issues more thoroughly ... I just got a commitment that they would," he said.

As for missile defense, Cramer said he brought up to the Obama campaign the effort to get another missile defense site in Europe. He said he did not get any clear commitments on that.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/06/us_rep...till_hasnt.html

"As for missile defense, Cramer said he brought up to the Obama campaign the effort to get another missile defense site in Europe. He said he did not get any clear commitments on that."

Of course not! We must appease the Russians on that front. ;)....

Archived