Fulmer Cup: It's Official

AUChizad

That is one of the funniest EDSBS posts I have ever read...

"One final note on this: Johns allegedly had tabs of Ecstasy on him, too, but it pops up nowhere on the charges, meaning so many charges are in play here that adding the E onto the tally is considered overkill even by the prosecutors here."

Okay, it's also official: I'm putting the "SP" back in "SPUAT" in my personal references!

I had dropped it for a while, giving them the benefit of the doubt when things seemed to calm down after Shula took over from Price. Even through Saban's "coonass" and "9/11-Pearl Harbor" remarks, the textbook incident, and the Strip arrests I have been avoiding the "SP" on the grounds that they were tryng to recover and no single one of those incidents compared in magnitude to the Albert Means or Mike Price affairs. But clearly there's just no escaping destiny for The "Scandal Plagued University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa"

But back to the Fulmer Cup...I found this interesting:

In addition to this, a website suggests Jimmy Johns may have been selling pit bulls using his name, something Will points out is a possible violation of NCAA rules.
I didn't react much to JJ's kennel business at first--why would the NCAA care about what he sells (legally, that is ;) ). But the idea that he may have exploited his football fame and SPUAT's name in his website could make it an NCAA infraction for illegal indorsements or marketing. (Also might make the University itself think about copyright infringement.)

The Website was apparently started in March of this year, but there is no way of knowing when "The Snowman" actually started helping in the selling of the Pits nor when he started using his name and the SPuat name. If someone starts to dig deeper into that and finds out that he started using the University's name last year, then SPuat might have to forfit some of the games that he played in. Like the LAMO game....oh wait, Nevermind....it would be the games that they actually won, that they'd have to forfit. hehehe

I also wondered about the JimmyJohnsPitBulls thing. I guess if anyone can actually prove that Jimmy Johns was the owner and beneficiary of that business, then that is yet another infraction that will be overlooked.

I am not sure about this....but won't the NCAA have to get in on this since JJ was on the roster as a legit player when this all went down?

I also wondered about the JimmyJohnsPitBulls thing. I guess if anyone can actually prove that Jimmy Johns was the owner and beneficiary of that business, then that is yet another infraction that will be overlooked.

I am not sure about this....but won't the NCAA have to get in on this since JJ was on the roster as a legit player when this all went down?

I saw that pit bull site on crimsontusks yesterday. If it is real, and he is the beneficiary of the profits.....i dont see how that is not a violation. Im not sure, but i really hope its fake. That site could turn into something pretty serious.

According to the whois lookup on that site, it was created 6 Mar 08.

Yep, and it's a godaddy site, but I can't get there at work to see if I can get more information

I saw that pit bull site on crimsontusks yesterday. If it is real, and he is the beneficiary of the profits.....i dont see how that is not a violation. Im not sure, but i really hope its fake. That site could turn into something pretty serious.

sorry, but it was for real........

What are the possible sanctions on SPUAT from JJ selling dogs though?

I understand repeat offenders are treated harshly - but I cant imagine this being too serious of an offense....then again.......

Anyone see this clear NCAA infraction?

http://www.jimmyjohnspitbulls.com/index2.html

Minor, very minor, compared to the "other shoe" that is soon to DROP. I had all but given up on the DP for uat. Now, well,........ :big:

Anyone see this clear NCAA infraction?

http://www.jimmyjohnspitbulls.com/index2.html

Minor, very minor, compared to the "other shoe" that is soon to DROP. I had all but given up on the DP for uat. Now, well,........ :big:

Way to leave us in suspense!

But I can only stand so much giddyness, so I suppose a little down time before this other shoe will let me calm down.

Archived