$845,000,000,000 - income redistribution

Tigermike

My point, and the only one I am really trying to make - is the $845b is complete spin. This bill puts us under no pay requirements.

I'm not trying to debate the merits of the bill.

Obama's support for the bill shows his willingness to support such discredited organizations and his willingness to attempt to use American taxpayer money to do what the bill says he should do if president. So, these people estimated that it would actually cost 845 billion to achieve the goals. Your quoted estimate of 1 million per year is what it would cost to think about what it would take the achieve the goals.

So, given that Obama supports the bill, I do not believe that he would only spend the 1 million per year and just think about achieving the goals. I believe that he would use American taxpayers money to do attempt to achieve the goals.

WRONG.

I quoted what the Bill ACTUALLY puts us on the line for cost. Granted we will most likely spend more but the text of the bill only guarantees a cost of around $1m per year. It really isn't that hard to understand.

My point, and the only one I am really trying to make - is the $845b is complete spin. This bill puts us under no pay requirements.

I'm not trying to debate the merits of the bill.

Obama's support for the bill shows his willingness to support such discredited organizations and his willingness to attempt to use American taxpayer money to do what the bill says he should do if president. So, these people estimated that it would actually cost 845 billion to achieve the goals. Your quoted estimate of 1 million per year is what it would cost to think about what it would take the achieve the goals.

So, given that Obama supports the bill, I do not believe that he would only spend the 1 million per year and just think about achieving the goals. I believe that he would use American taxpayers money to do attempt to achieve the goals.

WRONG.

I quoted what the Bill ACTUALLY puts us on the line for cost. Granted we will most likely spend more but the text of the bill only guarantees a cost of around $1m per year. It really isn't that hard to understand.

So you're in favor of a bill that would cost taxpayers $1,000,000 a year for the U.S. to think about what it would take to achieve the goals? Don't you think that maybe that's what our President/Congressmen are elected and paid to do? Along with their staffers? The resources are already there to THINK about what it would take to achieve the goals.

That said, the answer that any politician at all will give is to throw money at it. And that's where the estimated 840+ Billion dollars will come into play.

Clearly, you have not read the bill OR the goals the UN outlined. Therefore there is no reason for me to continue this discussion.

Clearly, you have not read the bill OR the goals the UN outlined. Therefore there is no reason for me to continue this discussion.

In other words you can't answer his question. ;)

Of course. It's pretty obvious, no matter what the spin or degree of effort on behalf of the new "Globe Trotters".................BAD NEWS!

Look out the window, people. The world is about to hit another sour note.

I hear all the time from the left that the U.S. isn't the world police, and we should not get into others business. What in the world do you call GIVING the world more and more of our tax dollars when we already lead the world in aid to begin with? The 845.000,000,000 includes the current aid packages along with the new bill over the 13 year period.

Even if it were only this, it would cost us 156,000,000 in additional tax dollars based on 300,000,000 people (.04 cents a person X 300,000,000 X 13= 156,000,000).

WE ARE THE U.S.! WE SOULD NOT BE PROVIDING OTHER NATIONS WITH WELFARE!

Archived