Bama starting off NEXT year against VT in the Atlanta Dome again

SouthLink02

RWS, I see you are posting on the Auburn Undercover Forum. Checking the bio the age

seems about right. LOL :cheer:

actually, this is the only rival forum i post on. why do you say that, someone over there posting with the same handle?

Is it just me, or am I the only one who fails to get excited about games at neutral sites?

There is no game I have as much fun at (even when we lose) or get as excited about every year than UGA/UF in Jacksonville

To be in a 50/50 stadium is so much fun, imo

I completely and utterly disagree with you

I love the neutral site

Sadly, Richt will change it out of Jax in a few years and it will enrage the UGA fan base <_<

RWS, I see you are posting on the Auburn Undercover Forum. Checking the bio the age

seems about right. LOL :cheer:

actually, this is the only rival forum i post on. why do you say that, someone over there posting with the same handle?

YEP. sure is...

Is it just me, or am I the only one who fails to get excited about games at neutral sites?

I'd much rather play them in their own place with the understanding that they would be coming to ours next season.

I kinda agree because I like going to other stadiums/universities and traveling/tailgating with other Auburn people while experiencing their atmosphere. And they get to do the same. I think some teams are scared to do home and home because they fear if they are having a down year and lose at home, they will most likely lose on the road and then they've lost 2 games. Or if they are overmatched they fear being totally exposed by losing twice.

Unless it's a really sweet place like Miami, I don't really see the attractiveness. You lose all that revenue in the cities too.

I hate the neutral site, but in the interest of full disclosure, my only neutral site regular season history is Legion Field. I was glad to kiss that place goodbye.

On the flip side, I've really enjoyed going other places, even when it hasn't worked out. Driving through Compton on the way to the Colosseum was great. Visiting Tech and having a few overrated dogs from the Varsity was great. I've been to almost every SEC venue (only missing South Carolina) to see the Tigers and that's great. I'm very much looking forward to going to Morgantown to develop an alcohol problem and get the black lung.

I just really enjoy either heading to Auburn or seeing how other teams gear up at their house.

There is no game I have as much fun at (even when we lose) or get as excited about every year than UGA/UF in Jacksonville

To be in a 50/50 stadium is so much fun, imo

I completely and utterly disagree with you

I love the neutral site

Sadly, Richt will change it out of Jax in a few years and it will enrage the UGA fan base <_<

I agree. The Cocktail Party and Red River Shootout are two must attend events for people that haven't been. Great atmosphere at both....

I love this approach by Bama, I think its cool. I disagree whole heartedly with doing it as an opening game.

Your team hasn't played one snap as a cohesive unit and you roll them out against another team. Its the Georgia Tech Syndrome. 2005 team was far better than that game showed. If that was the 3rd or 4th game in the season we might have had a different outcome.

I am very happy we are doing weak season openers right now. Let the team learn itself then step up the fight.

I love this approach by Bama, I think its cool. I disagree whole heartedly with doing it as an opening game.

Your team hasn't played one snap as a cohesive unit and you roll them out against another team. Its the Georgia Tech Syndrome. 2005 team was far better than that game showed. If that was the 3rd or 4th game in the season we might have had a different outcome.

I am very happy we are doing weak season openers right now. Let the team learn itself then step up the fight.

I agree. I have loved starting off with CU in 2002, CU in 2003, Boise State in 2005, OSU in 2007....huge wins for us and just such a great way to start off the years

With that said, what do all those games have in common? We won them

And honestly, if we hadn't.....I probably would change my mind

Starting off with a L has got to be tough

Archived