Free Prince Hall

WAR-MATT

Two months ago this guy was a lost cause to bama fans and one of the main troublemakers left from the Shula regime. Now we'll hear what a turnaround he's made and what a disciplinarian Sabahr is. :puke: Amazing how lack of depth at LB can change your perception of a player.

Alabama LB Hall to miss first three games

Posted by Gentry Estes, Sports Reporter July 31, 2008 1:04 PM

Categories: Breaking News, Sports

TUSCALOOSA -- Alabama linebacker Prince Hall's suspension for team rules violations will carry through the third game of this season, Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban said today.

Hall, who did not participate in spring practice, remained in school and around the team for workouts this summer. He will miss opening non-conference games against Clemson, Tulane and Western Kentucky but will be available when Southeastern Conference play starts Sept. 20 at Arkansas.

"But he will be in camp," Saban said. "He will practice with the team. He will be a part of the team."

Alabama starts preseason practice Friday afternoon

You thought he was getting kicked off the team? Only a moron would believe that.

This is probably a decent suspension. Not saying it's kudos to Saban - but probably what should be expected based on the (lack of) stories of what he did.

Two months ago this guy was a lost cause to bama fans and one of the main troublemakers left from the Shula regime. Now we'll hear what a turnaround he's made and what a disciplinarian Sabahr is. :puke: Amazing how lack of depth at LB can change your perception of a player.

TUSCALOOSA -- Alabama linebacker Prince Hall's suspension for team rules violations will carry through the third game of this season, Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban said today.

Hall, who did not participate in spring practice, remained in school and around the team for workouts this summer. He will miss opening non-conference games against Clemson, Tulane and Western Kentucky but will be available when Southeastern Conference play starts Sept. 20 at Arkansas.

"But he will be in camp," Saban said. "He will practice with the team. He will be a part of the team."

so, what SHOULD be done with Hall then? i don't see anybody running around saying "oh now Prince Hall is a Godsend since he's going on suspension!" if he can change his ways, then let him. we're just going to have to wait and see how he does. i'm not particularly worried about the depth at LB. we're a little deeper there than you realize, we're just not very experienced. but Rolando proved last year that a freshman can come in and make an impression. i think some folks are hitting the panic button a little prematurely on the LB situation.

so, what SHOULD be done with Hall then? i don't see anybody running around saying "oh now Prince Hall is a Godsend since he's going on suspension!" if he can change his ways, then let him. we're just going to have to wait and see how he does. i'm not particularly worried about the depth at LB. we're a little deeper there than you realize, we're just not very experienced. but Rolando proved last year that a freshman can come in and make an impression. i think some folks are hitting the panic button a little prematurely on the LB situation.

I don't have a problem with his suspension at all. What I do have a problem with is all the bama fans bashing this kid all the way back to spring. There were several callers on sports talk as well as posters on message boards just bashing and grouping him with Cheech and Chong(DJ Hall and Jimmy Johns). Give the kid a second chance and encouragement but don't be hypocrites.

I don't have a problem with his suspension at all. What I do have a problem with is all the bama fans bashing this kid all the way back to spring. There were several callers on sports talk as well as posters on message boards just bashing and grouping him with Cheech and Chong(DJ Hall and Jimmy Johns). Give the kid a second chance and encouragement but don't be hypocrites.

I know some were throwing Hall under the bus until they needed him.

I've also heard that Kerry Murphy didn't qualify, for some reason, I was under the impression that he did. Also, Jermaine Preyear probably won't be there until January, I'm guessing he didn't qualify either?

I've also heard that Kerry Murphy didn't qualify, for some reason, I was under the impression that he did. Also, Jermaine Preyear probably won't be there until January, I'm guessing he didn't qualify either?

Jermaine has been limited to a shoulder injury that would keep him out of camp, so he will enroll in January.

they are saying with a little work in the classroom, KM may be able to come in January. i honestly feel that if at this point he STILL has some work to do, then i really don't see him making it. i don't think he will ever play for UA. JP is defering his enrollment because of the shoulder injury, but it shouldn't be a big deal because Matchett is on campus if needed. hopefully Grant will stay healthy and the RB position won't be a problem.....hopefully.

I think it's funny that none of you AU fans know what he did to get suspended. But Saban "is weak on discipline" because he's suspending our most tenured LB for the first 3 games...and not booting him off the team.

I think it's funny that none of you AU fans know what he did to get suspended. But Saban "is weak on discipline" because he's suspending our most tenured LB for the first 3 games...and not booting him off the team.

What is funny is that you don't seem to understand that this isn't about Saban or discipline, it's about how some fans were throwing this guy under the bus ... until depth became an issue.

One guy made a supposition that the OP was asking for a dismissal, but that was blatantly wrong.

I'm not calling for his dismissal but just out of curiosity would like to know what he did. JJ's side business of pharmaceuticals didn't get him suspended until he was arrested. Hall and Mrs $ must have a love child or something.

He misses a marqee non-conference game and a huge divisional game for a somewhat harmless offense. I would think he could have returned for the Arkansas game -- and I'm not even that big of a Prince Hall fan. I actually think he's a very average player that could easily be replaced by a true Freshman who's showing some promise similar to what Rolando McClain showed last season.

THE POINT IS NOT ABOUT THE PUNISHMENT!!!!!

Before you judge read the first post, his point was that a couple of months ago Bama fans were throwing him under the bus, and now some are acting as if he is the prodigal son. I have heard it and read it on message boards and the radio.

I understand that this is probably not the majority of Bama fans, but there are some.

I really don't even care about it but was just trying to point out that the original poster wasn't saying Saban didn't give him enough punishment.

I'm not calling for his dismissal but just out of curiosity would like to know what he did. JJ's side business of pharmaceuticals didn't get him suspended until he was arrested. Hall and Mrs $ must have a love child or something.

So you're saying the coaches knew about JJ's dealing cocaine and just decided to suspend him a couple games last year as punishment?

I firmly believe a healthy dose of ICE CREAM is called for in this situation.

The $4mil boy STRIKES yet again!

priceless...........

priceless...........

Seriously? 3 games not enough?

priceless...........

Seriously? 3 games not enough?

Don't listen to him. He doesn't even know who Prince Hall is. He just saw "Bama", "suspension" and plugged those two into his "Generic Response-o-Matic"...and that's what was spit out.

The first 3 games...that are all non-conference, this wouldn't matter much if not for his antics in putting DJ Hall in the 2nd half of LA Monroe, that lowered Saban's standing on discipline in a lot of fans books, not just Auburn's.

By 3 games Saban really means a game and a half.

The first 3 games...that are all non-conference, this wouldn't matter much if not for his antics in putting DJ Hall in the 2nd half of LA Monroe, that lowered Saban's standing on discipline in a lot of fans books, not just Auburn's.

so what was he supposed to do, say okay Prince Hall will play the first three games but when we start our SEC schedule he will be suspended for three of those games. and if we didn't play 3 SEC games in a row suspend him for two, then let him play the non-conference, then suspend him again for the SEC game? you are making no sense at all.

So you're saying the coaches knew about JJ's dealing cocaine and just decided to suspend him a couple games last year as punishment?

No. I'm saying that either you guys have the most clueless coaches on the planet or they turned a blind eye until the university suspended him. They may not have bought from him or anything, but they had to have heard something.

Anyway, that's an old argument. A three game suspension seems particularly harsh given Saban's history and not something you would normally see from him. Really I was just wondering what Prince Hall did? I do realize, however, that its probably not appropriate to say.

No. I'm saying that either you guys have the most clueless coaches on the planet or they turned a blind eye until the university suspended him. They may not have bought from him or anything, but they had to have heard something.

Anyway, that's an old argument. A three game suspension seems particularly harsh given Saban's history and not something you would normally see from him. Really I was just wondering what Prince Hall did? I do realize, however, that its probably not appropriate to say.

probably only a handful of folks actually truthfully know what he did. i am not one of those folks ;)

Archived