Friendliest Village on the Plains

autigeremt

My name is Michael Freeman of the Lee County Auburn Club. I wanted to make you aware of a special project that our organization has created to promote the Auburn Family and the Auburn/Opelika area through a campaign called the "Friendliest Village on the Plains". The project will go to promote hospitality and friendship to the visiting fans and alumni who come to Auburn to support their school on game day. The LCAC will provide free bottled water and Auburn area information packets to the visiting fans at a tent near Gate 1 across Donahue Dr. We are promoting the campaign through the various alumni associations in the SEC and other related Auburn opponents. Our goal is to make this an annual operation as we spread the Auburn hospitality to the rest of the country.

As a way to promote the campaign from within the Auburn Family, we have designed a lapel pin that will be sold for 5.00 each with the slogan "Friendliest Village on the Plains", along with the face of Aubie, who has endorsed this campaign along with Dr. Gouge. Tiger Rags has provided us with space in front of their store to sell the pins, and they have also helped in the development of direct purchasing through their online store.

If you would like more information, contact me via email or phone, or Holly Holman at holmahf@auburn.edu

Thank you for your attention to this project.

War Eagle!

Michael Freeman, 05'

Lee County Auburn Club

Publicity Chairperson

freemms@auburn.edu

334-740-1267

• 3 weeks later...

I've been an Auburn fan ever since I lived there for a year when I was 10 years old ( a long time ago). One thing I've always been proud of is the way the Auburn Family makes visiting fans welcome during their visits. And I'm not talking about out shouting the Bama fans when they start a Roll Tide chant during the game to drown them out. That's natural. Before and after the game, and sometimes even during the game, some good natured kidding is to be expected. We are Auburn Men and Women, and we know how to win and lose with respect for others.

I think this is a good program, one that shows Auburn Class. :thumbsup:

Archived