Jonathan Atchison

RunInRed

(off topic)

Hey RWS,

Impressive catch and run there from Julio...

actually, i was fairly impressed with the throw as well. jumping in the air off the back foot with a DE in your face and lobbing it about 45 yards catching a guy in mid-stride.....then breaking double coverage and owning Rashad Johnson and (i think) Justin Woodall

(off topic)

Hey RWS,

Impressive catch and run there from Julio...

actually, i was fairly impressed with the throw as well. jumping in the air off the back foot with a DE in your face and lobbing it about 45 yards catching a guy in mid-stride.....then breaking double coverage and owning Rashad Johnson and (i think) Justin Woodall

Yup...good play on both ends for the O....

:au::homer:

Great! I love someone that chooses Auburn over Bama.

How are his grades?

I really have no clue how his grades are. I hope he gets in to AU. I am really not liking this JUCO transfer stuff. Honestly, who was the last JUCO transfer to play well and make a difference outside of David Irons? The last couple of transfers (JUCO / Prep) haven't made it to Auburn (Enrique Davis and Jermaine Johnson) for one reason or another and the latest JUCO transfer with lots of hype, Raven Gray for example, hasn't held the hype (I know he's "hurt" but that is part of the game).

So is it fair to say Tubs just owned Sabear head-to-head or did bama pull his offer at the last minute? ;)

we're not the ones that have a problem when you guys get somebody we wanted also. we're not the ones that are STILL making excuses 6 months later as to how AU lied, cheated, or did something. what are we up to, 2 guys that have commited to us that at the last minute you guys claim "well, we pulled their offer anyways...." i could just as easily say since we're getting Tana Patrick and Nico that we didn't have room for him, and that could very well be true....but there's really no point in going that angle. the kid is a really good player imo. he wanted to go to AU, so thats where he will go.

How are his grades?

I really have no clue how his grades are. I hope he gets in to AU. I am really not liking this JUCO transfer stuff. Honestly, who was the last JUCO transfer to play well and make a difference outside of David Irons? The last couple of transfers (JUCO / Prep) haven't made it to Auburn (Enrique Davis and Jermaine Johnson) for one reason or another and the latest JUCO transfer with lots of hype, Raven Gray for example, hasn't held the hype (I know he's "hurt" but that is part of the game).

i think he has a 3.0 GPA, shouldn't have a problem.

How are his grades?

Wow. PC found a negative things to worry about from a LB commit that runs a 4.54. Imagine.

How are his grades?

I think I speak for everyone here when I say...

Shut up.

Jonathan Atchinson LB/DE (4 Grillz)

If he produces like he did last year or better, he'll be bumped up to a (5 Grillz). War Damn Eagle. And thank you bammer fans, for being humble about it. But, I do think y'all Very likely getting Nico and possibly Tana, played a part in it....seeing as how y'all signed 3-4 LBers last year too.

Next Commitment will be Nico to uat.....sometime soon, probably this week, maybe even tonight or tomorrow.

IMO, Nico and Atchison are cut from the same cloth as far as athletic abilities go.

And, from what I've heard....for all you Star Gazers, JA will get his 4th Star within the next two updates. The word is, is that he had his videos sent in late. But, I've got him as a (4 Grillz Prospect) so that should be all that matters, lol.

How are his grades?

Shut up.

You definitely speak for me, for once. Kudos.

How are his grades?

Shut up.

:lmao:

How are his grades?

Shut up.

Thanks BG

Having graduated from Andalusia - I'll say that Nico is from a school that was once....state again...once a powerhouse. They are by no means a great team - I'd even say there mediocre compared to many in the state of AL, GA, and no where near FL caliber of players.

I say all this to relay the point that Nico and Atchinson are not the same and Atchinson is a bigger pickup than Nico (at this point) in their respective careers.

(I've only read about Atchinson)....Parents watch Nico every year

This was big pickup for AU!

Agreed, We really wanted this guy. Fortunately, he wasn't the last LB on our board, we'll get ours as well. Awesome pick up, this guy's the real deal. Congrats...

I just saw this on the AJC:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/shared-b...as_lb_atch.html

Auburn lands Atlanta linebacker recruit

By Michael Carvell | Monday, August 18, 2008, 07:23 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Douglass linebacker Jonathan Atchinson appears to be one of the finishing touches of Auburn’s 2009 recruiting class.

The 6-foot-3, 215-pound Atchinson committed to the Tigers over Alabama, among other colleges. He is a member of the AJC’s Georgia Top 150, and rated as the nation’s No. 59 outside linebacker by Rivals.

“It just felt like the right thing to do,” Atchinson said Monday evening after practice.

Auburn now has 23 commitments for its 2009 class. Atchinson is the fifth linebacker who said he intends to sign with the Tigers, joining Jonathan Evans of Prichard, Ala., Donald Ford of Odenville, Ala., Harris Gaston of Bessemer, Ala., and Eltoro Freeman of Perkinston, Miss.

Atchinson said he was informed by Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville that the Tigers were going to sign five linebackers. Atchinson said he wanted to be the fifth, as the Tigers have offers extended to several other top-rated linebackers.

I wonder if this means that Petey Smith is on the outside looking in or do we take him if he commits?

Douglass linebacker Jonathan Atchinson appears to be one of the finishing touches of Auburn’s 2009 recruiting class.

The 6-foot-3, 215-pound Atchinson committed to the Tigers over Alabama, among other colleges. He is a member of the AJC’s Georgia Top 150, and rated as the nation’s No. 59 outside linebacker by Rivals.

“It just felt like the right thing to do,” Atchinson said Monday evening after practice.

Auburn now has 23 commitments for its 2009 class. Atchinson is the fifth linebacker who said he intends to sign with the Tigers, joining Jonathan Evans of Prichard, Ala., Donald Ford of Odenville, Ala., Harris Gaston of Bessemer, Ala., and Eltoro Freeman of Perkinston, Miss.

Atchinson said he was informed by Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville that the Tigers were going to sign five linebackers. Atchinson said he wanted to be the fifth, as the Tigers have offers extended to several other top-rated linebackers.

I wonder if this means that Petey Smith is on the outside looking in or do we take him if he commits?

i'm sure his offer has been pulled. or he didn't have good character. or he didn't have a committable offer. or he was lazy. or AU didn't really want him anyways. or Alabama cheated. or CNS lied to him. or something.

i'm sure his offer has been pulled. or he didn't have good character. or he didn't have a committable offer. or he was lazy. or AU didn't really want him anyways. or Alabama cheated. or CNS lied to him. or something.

Or you're an idiot, and he'll still be committing to us.

Archived