Strange, but true

AU alum

It seems that Coke chose SEC coaches Tommy Tuberville, Nick Saban and Houston Nutt for an ad campaign that was supposed to feature life-sized cut-outs of the three men enjoying Coke products.

Nutt saw his cut-out and was surprised to see it much shorter than he is.

Turns out all three cut-outs were made the same size, because Saban apparently didn't want to be seen as so much shorter than Tuberville in Alabama supermarkets.

Coke decided to make all coaches the same size in the cut-outs. No word as to why it was decided that Tuberville and Nutt would be shorter. Why not just make Saban taller?

And why would he care? Does Saban have a Napoleon complex?

It seems that Coke chose SEC coaches Tommy Tuberville, Nick Saban and Houston Nutt for an ad campaign that was supposed to feature life-sized cut-outs of the three men enjoying Coke products.

Turns out all three cut-outs were made the same size, because Saban apparently didn't want to be seen as so much shorter than Tuberville in Alabama supermarkets.

Coke decided to make all coaches the same size in the cut-outs. No word as to why it was decided that Tuberville and Nutt would be shorter. Why not just make Saban taller?

yeah, i'm sure CNS is monitoring the situation closely. i bet as soon as he found out he quickly mobilized the REC and had them all on Coca-Cola like a rat on a cheeto. as a matter of fact, i bet he told them that unless they made everybody's cut-out as short as his, that he would kick another 5 guys off the team against their will. the future of their education being held in the hands of the Coca-Cola marketing department.

did it ever cross your mind that maybe.....just MAYBE the people in the marketing department at Coca-Cola made the decision to make everybody equal height on their own accord?

The $4mil boy just can't stand the comparisons to tater tot. (Height and coaching ability....)

yeah, i'm sure CNS is monitoring the situation closely. i bet as soon as he found out he quickly mobilized the REC and had them all on Coca-Cola like a rat on a cheeto. as a matter of fact, i bet he told them that unless they made everybody's cut-out as short as his, that he would kick another 5 guys off the team against their will. the future of their education being held in the hands of the Coca-Cola marketing department.

did it ever cross your mind that maybe.....just MAYBE the people in the marketing department at Coca-Cola made the decision to make everybody equal height on their own accord?

Simmer Down there,

Simmer Down there,

actually, i was poking fun at how outlandish some of this stuff gets here.

Several points here. . .

1. Either way you adjust the cutouts, relatively speaking, $aban will have the "Big Head." :roflol:

2. They should have just allowed $aban to have his pic taken standing on a stack of coke cases.

3. The real reason that Little Nikki had them equalized is because he knew that his likeness would be set up standing in front of CTT with CTT displaying 7 fingers over Nikki's head!! :cheer:

4. CNS cutout - just smoke and mirrors. :poke:

Actually RWS, I do think he exerted control over Coke to rig the cutouts. After all, he is:

"THE MOST POWERFUL COACH IN SPORTS"

Let's see: Short in stature + control freak = Nickpoleon? :)

"Nickpoleon"? Wow. You da Man! Wish I'd come up with that one....I'm going to steal it.

NAH-I mean come on?? Napoleon was an overbearing, control-freak that was uh,... paranoid, yeah completely paranoid about his uh..personnel, and well, Napoleon expected absolute and er, uh-you know-unconditional loyalty or you'd be shut out...uh.., and well, unlike Napoleon who instilled fear..uh, that is to say Coach Saban, I mean-NAPOLEON well, he exercised complete uh, personal domination over all his assistants..no, not assistants I meant to say minions..er, well yeah,-his minions, Nevermind that, Napoleon was one of the most uh powerful dictators in all Football-er, I mean most powerful coaches in Europe. Dictator in Europe, Most Powerful Dictator in Europe...you know what I mean damn it! So with that being said...Coach Saban is without question..uh, well simply put that is....Yes, Yes..Coach Saban does have a Napoleon complex...

:big:

NAH-I mean come on?? Napoleon was an overbearing, control-freak that was uh,... paranoid, yeah completely paranoid about his uh..personnel, and well, Napoleon expected absolute and er, uh-you know-unconditional loyalty or you'd be shut out...uh.., and well, unlike Napoleon who instilled fear..uh, that is to say Coach Saban, I mean-NAPOLEON well, he exercised complete uh, personal domination over all his assistants..no, not assistants I meant to say minions..er, well yeah,-his minions, Nevermind that, Napoleon was one of the most uh powerful dictators in all Football-er, I mean most powerful coaches in Europe. Dictator in Europe, Most Powerful Dictator in Europe...you know what I mean damn it! So with that being said...Coach Saban is without question..uh, well simply put that is....Yes, Yes..Coach Saban does have a Napoleon complex...

:big:

Now THAT is a funny piece of writing! :roflol:

I have no doubt that Saban actually did make the demand. That dude is as looney as they come.

He's not actually looney, per se. He's just real busy working the process. You know, the PROCESS. Like he developed at the Miami Dolphins. Thank goodness he got outta there bfore the Fins fans started photoshopping him with the Superbowl Trophy. He won a national championship at LSU, ya know...

Simmer Down there,

That's "SIMMA DA NA".... :)

:au::homer:

Archived