Nick Saban

AUBURNJAC

OK, These are facts............... These are real, and these CAN NOT be disputed in any way shape or form.

These are Lil' Nicky's actual head coaching records. Seriously, what's all the hype on this little punk azz?

[edit] College career

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl Coaches# AP°

Toledo Rockets (Mid-American Conference) (1990)

1990 Toledo 9–2 7–1 — —

Toledo: 9–2 7–1

Michigan State Spartans (Big Ten Conference) (1995–1999)

1995 Michigan State 6–5–1 4–3–1 L Independence — —

1996 Michigan State 6–6 5–3 L Sun — —

1997 Michigan State 7–5 4–4 L Aloha — —

1998 Michigan State 6–6 4–4 — —

1999~ Michigan State 9–2 6–2 7 7

Michigan State: 35–24–1 23–16–1 ~Saban resigned 11/30/99. Williams coached bowl game.

LSU Tigers (Southeastern Conference) (2000–2004)

2000 LSU 8–4 5–3 W Peach — 22

2001 LSU 10–3 6–3 1st W Sugar † 8 7

2002 LSU 8–5 5–3 L Cotton — —

2003 LSU 13–1 8–1 1st W Sugar † 1 2

2004 LSU 9–3 6–2 L Capital One 16 16

LSU: 48–16 30–12

Alabama Crimson Tide (Southeastern Conference) (2007–present)

2007 Alabama 7–6 4–4 5th (West) W Independence — —

2008 Alabama 0–0 0–0

Alabama: 7–6 4–4

Total: 99–48–1

National Championship Conference Title Conference Division Title

†Indicates BCS bowl game. #Rankings from final Coaches Poll of the season.

°Rankings from final AP Poll of the season.

[edit] National Football League

Year Team Overall Finish Playoffs

2005 Miami Dolphins 9–7 2nd AFC East None

2006 Miami Dolphins 6–10 4th AFC East None

TOTALS 15–17

I'M NOT SAYING THAT HE IS A BAD COACH, I'M JUST SAYING THAT HE IS NO SUPER STAR BY ANY MEANS. ALL THIS HYPE IS SERIOUSLY DELUSIONAL! AND BAMMERS, BEFORE YOU SPIN THIS, I'M NOT COMPARING HIM TO ANYBODY.........I'M JUST WONDERING HOW ALL THE DELUSION BEGAN, AND WHAT ALL THE CONTINUED HYPE IS ABOUT?

so, what you're saying is, aside from the MNC and two SEC championships he managed to win in just a few years, you don't know what all the fuss is about?

I'm saying that MOST YEARS are very mediocre......... I'm not dissing him, I'm just wondering what all the fuss is about? SINCE 1990 he has had 2 10 win seasons. Never gone undefeated, but if you ask any bammie in the world they will tell you that he is twice the coach as CTT. I'm not comparing the two, but REALLY? REALLY, YOU GUYS WORSHIP HIM? WHY? Will you still worship him if he loses 6 games this year? What about 5? 4? I GUARANTEE you that he losses no LESS than 3 games this year. Oh, but he won a MNC a few years ago, so WORSHIP HIM untill he dies! I KEEP FORGETTING.................

BAMMER IS BACK! :thumbsup:

I'm saying that MOST YEARS are very mediocre......... I'm not dissing him, I'm just wondering what all the fuss is about? SINCE 1990 he has had 2 10 win seasons.

Well, I would hope that you would know the reason for this. As much as people on this board talk about how he moves around all the time the honest truth is that he has had to start from scratch when he gets to a new place.

The "hype" is that since we've seen him turn other schools around one into a National Championship Winning team that he would be able to do the same at our school.

Ahhhhh, well that does explain why he LEAVES! He may have a big season every once in a while, but as soon as he starts slipping, he pimps himself to someone new and scoots! That way, he is never looked down on for being a mediocre coach. People forget about that, and start focusing on his arrogant azzholishness as well as him being a ship jumper! For all you bammies that are stupid enough to believe that Lil' nicky will retire at UAT, then you better get ready to whine within' the next two to three years!

That way, he is never looked down on for being a mediocre coach.

AUBURNJAC, couple things here. One of them is that I am one of only 2 people who have responded to this thread. Both are Alabama fans, and both are trying hard to show you respect. The other is that in the future, the woodshed is the place you might want to post a thread titled "Nick Saban, WORSHIP ME BEEOOTCHES"

From there I want to tell you a few things in regards to the quote that I posted at the top of this post. When a golfer wins the Masters or when a baseball team wins the World Series than those who respect the game and understand it won't refer to this golfer or the coach of this baseball team as "mediocre" from there on. Rivals or not, they respect what they did for the game.

I'll also say that when Tommy Tuberville leads his team to a National Championship, and is a National Championship winning coach, I have enough respect for college football to understand what that means and to show respect to him accordingly.

They don't hand out National Championships, they aren't easy to get. So when someone does get one you should take notice to the accomplishment. Like I said, they don't give them away. If anybody should know that it should be the fan of a team who went undefeated and still didn't get one.

OK, These are facts............... These are real, and these CAN NOT be disputed in any way shape or form.

These are Lil' Nicky's actual head coaching records. Seriously, what's all the hype on this little punk azz?

[edit] College career

1990 Toledo 9–2 7–1 — —

Michigan State: 35–24–1 23–16–1 ~Saban resigned 11/30/99. Williams coached bowl game.

2008 Alabama 0–0 0–0

TOTALS 15–17

I'M NOT SAYING THAT HE IS A BAD COACH, I'M JUST SAYING THAT HE IS NO SUPER STAR BY ANY MEANS. ALL THIS HYPE IS SERIOUSLY DELUSIONAL! AND BAMMERS, BEFORE YOU SPIN THIS, I'M NOT COMPARING HIM TO ANYBODY.........I'M JUST WONDERING HOW ALL THE DELUSION BEGAN, AND WHAT ALL THE CONTINUED HYPE IS ABOUT?

Ok, I just don't see the worship that you keep talking about. Auburn fans spend the time to look up stats on our coach more than we do. Is it worship just because we went to an A game? Isn't that just as much to show support to the team as anything else? Is it worship, because we read an article written about him? Wouldn't you as a curious fan if nothing else read one about Coach Tuberville, and didn't you read the one about Coach Saban? Finally, is it worship because we take up for our coach when other fans put him down?

If all those things are considered worship, then I guess we do, but welcome to the club, because I think that you worship him more, and spend a lot more time thinking about him.

LSU is what it is today because the school started being serious about football and invested in their program heavily while Saban went out and convinced kids to stay in state.

Alabama has never had a problem with investments into their programs or kids staying in state.

The question is, can Saban convince enough kids to come to Bama to play and actually create a winning environment.

I think its possible, but the culture around bama football is problematic, and I don't think any coach can overcome the Ego that rots the Alabama program.

LSU is having a fantastic recruiting year. Is that because of Nick Saban? OF COURSE NOT. LSU is the only serious football school in the state of Louisiana. They will always recruit well. They did when Hallman was there, they did when DiNardo was there, and they did when Saban was there. Saban brought in a new style and LSU backed into a SPLIT national championship. As an Auburn fan, I can truly say that we have NEVER been scared to play LSU. It has always been a good rivalry and we can give as good as we take. AND WE WERE NEVER SCARED OF NICK SABAN. And we still aren't! If Bama fans like thinking that we are, just keep on going. You're about to get a serious dose of reality at the hands of Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, and oh yes, Auburn. Bama fans remind me of the little sawed-off kids on the playground from grade school. Man I used to love kickin their little a**es back then, kinda the way TT loves kickin little Nicky every year. Time to strap it up Bama and shut you piehole till you actually win a football game over someone that's good.

LSU is who they are today because of Nick Saban

I dare you to post that on LSUTigerForum.

I just copy and pasted what was posted 1,000,000 times before Saban left for the Dolphins

Their memories have a funny way of changing after a few years

i think the problem is you guys have gotten so used to us not supporting a coach. CMS had a very short period of time before everybody figured out he was a good guy, and probably a pretty good QB coach, but not a head coach. i can't remember all the times you guys would laugh at some of the looks of cluelessness on his face in clutch situations. i can't remember all the times i felt embarassed about the looks of cluelessness on national tv. i don't mean to bash the guy, because quite frankly he came in when probably not many people wanted to. you guys haven't seen us support our coach or team like this since the Stallings years. its like some AU fans get so frustrated because we won't lash out at our coach or throw away our t-shirts because we lost to ULM. some get so frustrated when we won't lash out about a 7-6 record. we're actually, for once, being patient and trying to be reasonable as possible.

we're starting to see that everything isn't about right now. we will have 8-10 freshmen starting or playing huge roles on our team this season. we may not be good at all this season, and alot of folks are ready and willing to accept that. alot of folks are starting to see the bigger picture. however, you also have those who are irrational and who think we are back in the days of Bear Bryant. this sort of thing doesn't happen overnight. i can't count how many times some of you have called us irrational for thinking we might have some success, and then you turn around and call us irrational for accepting something like ULM happening.

But you aren't being reasonable.

If a new coach at my school came in and had a 7-6 record with 10 arrests and multiple snafu's with the media my patience would have dissapeared. A #1 recruiting class wouldn't have done it for me. Its a weird thing that when you guys should show patience you won't and when you shoudln't show it you do.

I would be expecting an immediate turn around right now. Its looking better on the arrest side the last month, but who knows if thats due to actual discipline or if its from pressure on the city police.

To be honest, Saban didn't wow me with his record at LSu or anywhere else and he really doesn't have the same quality of coordinators he had while he was at LSU.

Actually lemme rephrase the above a bit.

When Shula was at Bama, you guys elevated him to a 10 in your minds and when he failed to live up to that he became a 1. All along he was a solid 7 with potential to get better.

Now Saban is here and he is a 10 in your minds and if he fails he will be reduced to a 1 by you guys and all the things we have been saying you will parrot and act like it was original. All along Saban had been a Solid 8.

Its not that you don't have a decent coach at Bama, its the fact that you elevate your coaches to a star level when they don't deserve it and haven't shown it. Other fan bases are excited and warey when a new coach comes in. When they falter their first year they are nervous and question his ability. When the coach proves himself they elevate his status.

Its never been your coaches ability that we question as much as your concepts of your coaches ability.

When Shula was at Bama, you guys elevated him to a 10 in your minds and when he failed to live up to that he became a 1. All along he was a solid 7 with potential to get better.

Now Saban is here and he is a 10 in your minds and if he fails he will be reduced to a 1 by you guys and all the things we have been saying you will parrot and act like it was original. All along Saban had been a Solid 8.

Its not that you don't have a decent coach at Bama, its the fact that you elevate your coaches to a star level when they don't deserve it and haven't shown it. Other fan bases are excited and warey when a new coach comes in. When they falter their first year they are nervous and question his ability. When the coach proves himself they elevate his status.

Its never been your coaches ability that we question as much as your concepts of your coaches ability.

I just don't understand why you care enough to question how we feel about our coach. You have stated that you could not tolerate the record that we had last year and would expect more this year. That is a good reason for you NOT to be a Bama fan, so you have made a wise choice for yourself. We on the other hand are satisfied with the way our Coach is doing things, and that makes it a wise choice for us to be Bama fans.

Why question us? We only play you 1 game a year.

I just don't understand why you care enough to question how we feel about our coach. You have stated that you could not tolerate the record that we had last year and would expect more this year. That is a good reason for you NOT to be a Bama fan, so you have made a wise choice for yourself. We on the other hand are satisfied with the way our Coach is doing things, and that makes it a wise choice for us to be Bama fans.

It's called blind faith BMH. You guys had it with Dubose, Fran, Price, Shula and now Saban. It's the #1 reason every fan outside of Alabama makes fun of you as a fan base. You guys could hire Rush Probst to be your next coach and the first thing we would hear is that he's the best coach in the SEC. Constructive criticism is good sometimes.....

[edit] College career

1990 Toledo 9–2 7–1 — —

2008 Alabama 0–0 0–0

TOTALS 15–17

Ok, I just don't see the worship that you keep talking about. Auburn fans spend the time to look up stats on our coach more than we do. Is it worship just because we went to an A game? Isn't that just as much to show support to the team as anything else? Is it worship, because we read an article written about him? Wouldn't you as a curious fan if nothing else read one about Coach Tuberville, and didn't you read the one about Coach Saban? Finally, is it worship because we take up for our coach when other fans put him down?

If all those things are considered worship, then I guess we do, but welcome to the club, because I think that you worship him more, and spend a lot more time thinking about him.

Do what?????? You don't see the worship that I keep talking about? Seriously? :blink:

It's called blind faith BMH

You can see National Championship Trophy's. Our faith in our coach is anything but "blind". Again, you'd expect the fan of a team who went undefeated and still didn't get one to understand how truly difficult one is to obtain.

Do what?????? You don't see the worship that I keep talking about? Seriously?

I'm trying to figure out why you copied you're entire first post and then the 2nd post just to repeat what bama my heart said and nothing else. You'd figure you'd skip all the copy and pasting and just respond with the reason you feel Alabama fans do worship Nick Saban. I mean, you do believe that don't you? You did start a thread titled "Nick Saban, worship me BEEOOCHES"

The reason is I share this state with the 75% of the state that is filled with the intolerable fan base called Tide Fans. There is no way to have a reasonable conversation about football with the unreasonable majority of Bama fans. You can't be civil half the time because they act like a horses rear end when they find out your an Auburn fan.

Its hard to enjoy college football with Alabama fans.

The reason is I share this state with the 75% of the state that is filled with the intolerable fan base called Tide Fans. There is no way to have a reasonable conversation about football with the unreasonable majority of Bama fans. You can't be civil half the time because they act like a horses rear end when they find out your an Auburn fan.

Its hard to enjoy college football with Alabama fans.

You might take a look at this thread and ask yourself if it's possible that their are Auburn fans that are guilty of making "reasonable conversation" just as impossible.

Nick Saban: worship me BIIOOTCHES
For all you bammies that are stupid enough to believe that Lil' nicky will retire at UAT
People forget about that, and start focusing on his arrogant azzholishness as well as him being a ship jumper!
Bama fans remind me of the little sawed-off kids on the playground from grade school. Man I used to love kickin their little a**es back then
It's the #1 reason every fan outside of Alabama makes fun of you as a fan base.

You can see National Championship Trophy's. Our faith in our coach is anything but "blind". Again, you'd expect the fan of a team who went undefeated and still didn't get one to understand how truly difficult one is to obtain.

When did he win a MNC at Bammer? He backed into one at LSU where he didn't even have to play the best team that year. Most people outside of this state see AU's 04' season just as impressive if not more than Saban's MNC year. By the ranking of SEC teams the past decade.....

You might take a look at this thread and ask yourself if it's possible that their are Auburn fans that are guilty of making "reasonable conversation" just as impossible.

You make a good point, bammerham ;)

When did he win a MNC at Bammer? He didn't win one with Alabama, nor have I ever said he did. Me mentioning that he is a MNC winning coach is in regards to your comment of saying that we have "blind faith". We have faith in Nick Saban as a coach, but once again, because we've physically seen him win a National Championship it's not "blind".

He backed into one at LSU where he didn't even have to play the best team that year. You say "LSU didn't even have to play the best team that year" but isn't it also true that USC didn't have to play the AP #2 (BCS #1) team either. You might look at recent National Championships winners and who were ranked #2 before the game was played. And in any event, Nick Saban in NO way "backed in" to a MNC, he had the BEST record in college football. The BCS put the team with the best record in the National Championship game, please explain what your problem with that is?

Most people outside of this state see AU's 04' season just as impressive if not more than Saban's MNC year. By the ranking of SEC teams the past decade..... I'd ask for some form of evidence that you have of how you know what the people outside the state of Alabama feel about this matter but I'm going to assume that there isn't any. If I'm wrong than I apologize. On the contrary, if you actually do have a real reason to make a statement like this I would love to see what you have.

Archived