The baby's first game

lukeduke

We are considering taking our five month old to the game this weekend. Early forecasts are that it will be five degrees cooler than the surface of the sun and our seats should be shaded by kickoff (we'll walk in about 30 mins before). For those of you that have taken babies in before...how much stuff will they let you carry in? We were probably just going to take a diaper bag with diapers and a bottle. I am pretty sure they do not let you carry in strollers, so I doubt we even try that.

We are considering taking our five month old to the game this weekend. Early forecasts are that it will be five degrees cooler than the surface of the sun and our seats should be shaded by kickoff (we'll walk in about 30 mins before). For those of you that have taken babies in before...how much stuff will they let you carry in? We were probably just going to take a diaper bag with diapers and a bottle. I am pretty sure they do not let you carry in strollers, so I doubt we even try that.

I don't have kids so I have not a clue, just wanted to say atta boy! Getting the young lad started off right!!! :thumbsup:

They will not allow food for baby (hide your bottles) and no strollers. The sun can get mighty hot for the little ones too, but atleast it's a night game.

Not true.

Luke:

They will let you take everything you can imagine for your baby. We have taken my son, Asa, to all the home games. You can take a diaper bag. In that bag, you can have whatever you may need for the baby. We took jars of baby food, bags of cheerios, bottles/sippie cups, diapers, wipes, and a bottle of water for him. As biscuits said, the sun can be rough. Be sure you have a hat for the little one. Obviously they will look in the bag, but they had no problems with ours. However, I will add that whoever carries the bag in needs to have the baby in hand too. We got separated in line (3-4 people got in front of me lady) and they were about to not let her in with the bag. I had to go back and show them the baby.

The only pain is the changing of the diaper. We quickly learned to take a couple of blankets to lay out on our seats and change him there b/c there are no changing tables. We had one lady say something to us one time, but I told her if she didn't like it to write Auburn University and tell them they needed tables in the restrooms. But that was just one bad apple....... and a UAT one at that. Good luck! I'm sure the little one will love it. I asked Asa last weekend if he was ready to go see a football game. He said "yeah, yeah" and got his shoes.

They will not allow food for baby (hide your bottles) and no strollers. The sun can get mighty hot for the little ones too, but atleast it's a night game.

Not true.

Luke:

They will let you take everything you can imagine for your baby. We have taken my son, Asa, to all the home games. You can take a diaper bag, but no stroller. In that bag, you can have whatever you may need for the baby. We took jars of baby food, bags of cheerios, bottles/sippie cups, diapers, wipes, and a bottle of water for him. As biscuits said, the sun can be rough. Be sure you have a hat for the little one. Obviously they will look in the bag, but they had no problems with ours. However, I will add that whoever carries the bag in needs to have the baby in hand too. We got separated in line (3-4 people got in front of me lady) and they were about to not let her in with the bag. I had to go back and show them the baby.

The only pain is the changing of the diaper. We quickly learned to take a couple of blankets to lay out on our seats and change him there b/c there are no changing tables. We had one lady say something to us one time, but I told her if she didn't like it to write Auburn University and tell them they needed tables in the restrooms. But that was just one bad apple....... and a UAT one at that. Good luck! I'm sure the little one will love it. I asked Asa last weekend if he was ready to go see a football game. He said "yeah, yeah" and got his shoes.

This is true. They will search through the bag, so I doubt you could say the Jim Beam and pizza were for the baby...so you might want to leave it at home. ;)

Not true.

Luke:

They will let you take everything you can imagine for your baby. We have taken my son, Asa, to all the home games. You can take a diaper bag, but no stroller. In that bag, you can have whatever you may need for the baby. We took jars of baby food, bags of cheerios, bottles/sippie cups, diapers, wipes, and a bottle of water for him. As biscuits said, the sun can be rough. Be sure you have a hat for the little one. Obviously they will look in the bag, but they had no problems with ours. However, I will add that whoever carries the bag in needs to have the baby in hand too. We got separated in line (3-4 people got in front of me lady) and they were about to not let her in with the bag. I had to go back and show them the baby.

Like kwagoner said...not true.

We brought Daniel and everything with him...including an umbrella stroller.

If you don't have one of those now...get one. Best investment we ever made, $25 and we brought it into Auburn when he was 10 months, 22 months, 2, 3, & 4 years old. You can either do the stairs or the ramp. If you are holding him it folds right up and fits under the seats or sometimes I used to stand by the tunnel and wheel him back and forth in it, he slept, I watched.

When he was born we bought 2 extra season tickets for him, it was nice having the extra room and now that he is 6 we can bring him a friend.

Thanks for the input guys. We have a portable folding changer, and I think it will be fine as long as he doesn't spray anyone in a neighboring seat. I haven't seen the umbrella stroller, I'll have to go and look for one of those. The one we have now is the huge infant travel system, and it's a bit too bulky to go to our seats (the very top row of the stadium), but if there is a small one out there to at least knock out the ramp to the upper deck, I'm all for that. He does have his little Auburn hat that he'll be wearing, and we'll probably take in a little fan mister to keep him cooled down. We're mainly worried as to how he's going to take the crowd and the noise, so we picked this game for a test run before the bigger games later in the year.

Thanks for the input guys. We have a portable folding changer, and I think it will be fine as long as he doesn't spray anyone in a neighboring seat. I haven't seen the umbrella stroller, I'll have to go and look for one of those. The one we have now is the huge infant travel system, and it's a bit too bulky to go to our seats (the very top row of the stadium), but if there is a small one out there to at least knock out the ramp to the upper deck, I'm all for that. He does have his little Auburn hat that he'll be wearing, and we'll probably take in a little fan mister to keep him cooled down. We're mainly worried as to how he's going to take the crowd and the noise, so we picked this game for a test run before the bigger games later in the year.

We took our son at 9 months to his first game, and were worried about the noise too. The little booger loved it, but actually fell asleep through the 3rd quarter of the game noise and all.

We took our son at 9 months to his first game, and were worried about the noise too. The little booger loved it, but actually fell asleep through the 3rd quarter of the game noise and all.

Must have been an ole miss game ;)

Ditto. Asa was asleep during the 4th quarter of KSU last year. By the end of the year, though, he was staying awake. He loved the band. Also, loved when everyone would clap.

The first was Western Kentucky, but he fell asleep during the Ole Miss game too that year...until his daddy woke him up just as Obomanu dropped the pass in the end zone that day. :no:

The first was Western Kentucky, but he fell asleep during the Ole Miss game too that year...until his daddy woke him up just as Obomanu dropped the pass in the end zone that day. :no:

I think I woke up several children that day............Some as far away as California and even China.

Archived