Chris Todd

the deacon

From the Baton Rouge Advocate:

And then cornerback Chris Hawkins intercepted a Todd floater, with Todd under heavy pressure from safety Curtis Taylor said.

“(Todd) kept putting the ball in the air, and it kept floating up there, giving us gifts. Chris just reacted on it.”

Comments?

From the Baton Rouge Advocate:

And then cornerback Chris Hawkins intercepted a Todd floater, with Todd under heavy pressure from safety Curtis Taylor said.

“(Todd) kept putting the ball in the air, and it kept floating up there, giving us gifts. Chris just reacted on it.”

Comments?

I think that is a fair statement. However, isn't Todd's arm strength less than 100% due to a past injury?

The only gift was the long INT on first down.

The 2nd INT was a glorified punt and they were idiots for catching it.

My thoughts exactly. And I can't believe the announcers never caught on that it was a dumb play by the defender for not batting the ball down - cost them 15 or so yards.

If you were at the game you would have seen that there should have been more picks. He doesn't have enough velocity to get the ball to the receiver on time. I'm not sold on him being a good QB. He did fine, but not great, and did nothing to really win us the game. There were several times that if he would have hit the receiver in stride, it would have been a TD. He threw one really good pass, the TD to Dunn. Going to the falcons game, talk more later. War Eagle!

To me he played better than he has all year, my fear is this is as good as hes going to get. Playing like he did last year, he isn't going to cost us any games, but hes not going to go out and win us any games either. The TD Pass to Dunn was good, but he under threw, over threw, mistimed etc so many other passes. He had several others that very easily could have been intercepted. I can handle the interceptions when great things are being done on the other plays. I don't blame Todd for the loss last night, but he sure as hell could have done more to help us win it.

If you were at the game you would have seen that there should have been more picks. He doesn't have enough velocity to get the ball to the receiver on time. I'm not sold on him being a good QB. He did fine, but not great, and did nothing to really win us the game. There were several times that if he would have hit the receiver in stride, it would have been a TD. He threw one really good pass, the TD to Dunn. Going to the falcons game, talk more later. War Eagle!

One didn't have to be at the game to see that Todd was getting too much air under his passes. Except for the TD pass to Dunn (which was perfectly placed, btw) all the other passes were slow floaters and I was cringing every time he threw one.

I was at the game and we were saying the exact same thing about the balls floating. On just about all the long pass plays, our receivers were standing there waiting for the ball to come down, instead of it hitting them in stride for a TD.

Other than maybe having a stronger arm next season, this is as good as Ctodd gets. He will have better results when playing the easier defenses, but his playmaking abilities are limited. We need to find a way to start working Kodi into the games. Even if Kodi can't run the offense this year, we will need him at least in the games against the tuff Ds. He has to experience prior to those games.

Todd seemed to improve, yet it is still a mystery why Kodi Burns can't seem to get a foot on the field. Is franklin afraid burns will perfoirm and start a qb controversy?

Todd seemed to improve, yet it is still a mystery why Kodi Burns can't seem to get a foot on the field. Is franklin afraid burns will perfoirm and start a qb controversy?

I don't think he really improved at all. He plays fine. He will never be a great QB. He should have a ton more TD's this season but he doesn't have the armstrength or the long ball accuracy to make long plays. Like I said, he is fine, but not great and like I've said so many times before, he won't win us big games with his arm. Hell, he can hardly throw the ball more than 38 yards.

Archived