PS2 vs XBOX Question

texaubie

I've had a PS2 for a few years now and buy the NCAA football game every year when its released. My dear wife got me an XBOX for Christmas - which I think she already regrets. My question for those of you who have played NCAA football on both systems is which one do you prefer?

The only games I have played on XBOX are the action type games (Halo, Freedom Fighter, Medal of Honor) and was wondering which system was better for NCAA 2004.

Well both has its advantages and disadvantages. I have both systems, but NCAA 2004 which I play all of the time is on PS2.

xbox - Has probably the best graphics of any game system. PS2 is good but Xbox blows PS2 out of the water graphic wise. Also on Xbox you don't have to buy a memory card(S). The Xbox has a hard drive that you can save your files too.

PS2 - I think that gameplay PS2 beats out Xbox. I think the game plays better on PS2 than Xbox. Also if you like playing other ppl other than the computer PS2 has online capabilites. With me that is a big plus as I like to play online.

But me personally I would choose PS2 simply because of my personal choice.

No matter what it would be wise to purchase action replay or something similar so you can download the correct rosters from the internet from such places as Downloadable playstation and Xbox rosters these will allow you to get correct versions of rosters without you having to type in the players names yourself. It even gives you the correct attributes for the players.

Thanks TL3.

I love the action games on XBOX because the graphics are better and I find the controls are easier to use. I've only played NCAA 2003/2004football on PS2 so I was wondering if it was worth getting it on XBOX as well and/or when the NCAA 2005 is released, what system should I buy it for. It soulnds like I should stick with PS2.

I haven't played either on-line. Overall, I like the XBOX better but the game selection/variety is not as good.

I say honestly its about even. I still buy PS2 for the online play. But you can't go wrong no matter what system you buy it for, its still in my opinion the best game of 2004 and I expect NCAA to be top dog of 2005 also.

Tex, my wife bought me an Xbox as well. I'd have to agree with TL3, and say that my personal preference is to play sports on the PS2, especially the EA games, since you can play those on-line.

The only games I have for the Xbox are Role Playing Games (Star Wars:Knights of the Old Republic and Marrowind are BOTH excellent, if you like RPGs - neither of which are available for the PS2).

Hope this helps...

Tex, my wife bought me an Xbox as well. I'd have to agree with TL3, and say that my personal preference is to play sports on the PS2, especially the EA games, since you can play those on-line.

The only games I have for the Xbox are Role Playing Games (Star Wars:Knights of the Old Republic and Marrowind are BOTH excellent, if you like RPGs - neither of which are available for the PS2).

Hope this helps...

Thanks. I would rate Halo and Freedom Fighter very highly if you have not tried them.

I have an x-box and have tried ncaa football on the ps2 as well. I naturally prefer the x-box, but that's just me.

I just finished both of the 'grand theft auto' games in the double pack (VERY AWESOME games, btw) while waiting for halo to arrive. If you haven't tried them, go buy them immediately.

If y'all like good shooter games that require tatical squad based actions and is very high on internet multiplayer get Rainbow Six 3 for xbox....In single player you can even command your squad by just talking to them by headset! (if you have the headset)

if you have the small controller for XBOX then NCAA is better for XBOX. but you need the small controller

Have you played them on both? I've only played it on the PS2. How different are the graphics? Glad you said that about the XBOX controller, that's been a big gripe I've had about it...

well some games on XBOX the big contoller is better for but the small controller is best for NCAA. ive come to find the graphics are better on XBOX for any game. but NCAA is the same on either system, but if i had both i would get the XBOX one

Archived