AU bounces back for the win over GW

TitanTiger

Down 15 at halftime on its home court, Auburn’s basketball team turned up the defensive heat Saturday afternoon at Beard-Eaves Memorial Coliseum. And George Washington couldn’t handle it.

With a pair of newcomers lighting the fire, the Tigers rallied from a 44-29 halftime deficit to beat the Colonials 83-71 before an announced crowd of 3,332.

In the first half, George Washington’s shooters found ample room and hit 10 3-pointers in 17 tries. In the second half, those openings weren’t there.

Auburn freshman Frankie Sullivan and junior college transfer Tay Waller made the Colonials pay. Sullivan scored 17 points, 11 in the second half, and had two assists and two steals. Waller scored 19 points, 13 in the second half, had three assists and five steals...

http://auburnundercover.com/news/articles/...cond-half-surge

Down 15 at halftime on its home court, Auburn’s basketball team turned up the defensive heat Saturday afternoon at Beard-Eaves Memorial Coliseum. And George Washington couldn’t handle it.

With a pair of newcomers lighting the fire, the Tigers rallied from a 44-29 halftime deficit to beat the Colonials 83-71 before an announced crowd of 3,332.

In the first half, George Washington’s shooters found ample room and hit 10 3-pointers in 17 tries. In the second half, those openings weren’t there.

Auburn freshman Frankie Sullivan and junior college transfer Tay Waller made the Colonials pay. Sullivan scored 17 points, 11 in the second half, and had two assists and two steals. Waller scored 19 points, 13 in the second half, had three assists and five steals...

http://auburnundercover.com/news/articles/...cond-half-surge

I cannot wait to see Frankie Sullivan play. It sounds like he is a great shooter.

It sounds like they have Frankie at the 2 guard. Is that right? I thought he was a point guard.

At the half, this team looked lost and out of it. I was about to throw up in there (I guess the accumulation of football and the loss to Mercer had gotten the best of me), but this team came out and took care of GW in fine fashion. This may have been the best half time adjustment I've seen Lebo make in a long time.

Let's hope it continues. I'll be @ BEMC tomorrow to see the #20 Lady Tigers v/s #16 Ohio State.

I think Waller and Sullivan can lead this team into SEC play confident and ready. I can finally see a positive direction for our team again as long as the injury list doesnt pile up. I am hopeful we can make some noise in SEC play. Either way its a great win and confidence booster for our team. WDE!

Now lets go learn how to shoot free throws and we could be really tough.

Mercer has been an early season monster so far. I just wonder if they can continue that type of play for the entire season.

Very cool. That is nice to hear that they had the toughness to come back from such a deficit at halftime. I was at the season opener and Tay Waller looked really good. I hope this is the season we take a few steps back toward respectability. I would love if the program was in decent shape when the new arena opens in 2010.

It's ironic, I can't remember the last time AU had a pure shooter on the team. Every year I plead for someone who can shoot the rock. Finally, we have not one but TWO great shooters...and no inside presence :blink:

Oh well, I would still prefer a decent shooter over a banger...just more fun to watch IMO.

Archived