Gran contacts Auburn commit

AUman43

as per Bham News, Tuesday Edition. Hope we don't lose this one too!

I'd love to complain, but if Luper or Taylor convince a good commit to come visit AU that they were recruiting at OSU, I'm not going to complain.

Cuts both ways.

I'd love to complain, but if Luper or Taylor convince a good commit to come visit AU that they were recruiting at OSU, I'm not going to complain.

Cuts both ways.

Sure, although the difference is that Luper/Taylor never contacted/recruited kids that were actually committed to Oklahoma State.

Cuts both ways.

Sure, although the difference is that Luper/Taylor never contacted/recruited kids that were actually committed to Oklahoma State.

Well, 1) Oklahoma St. commits typically are not going to be the same caliber we need to compete in the SEC and 2) do we know for sure they haven't contacted some of them?

2) do we know for sure they haven't contacted some of them?

No, but that would have leaked by now if they did, like the Brandon Jacobs leak right now.

Cuts both ways.

Exactly. Most of us would like to see Thompson pull kids from Tuscaloosa to Knoxville too, so we can't be hypocrites.

I thought It showed a lack of class since Lance Thompson has said he won't recruit any of the kids to UT that he was recruiting to bammer. Why can't Gran be that gracious?

I thought It showed a lack of class since Lance Thompson has said he won't recruit any of the kids to UT that he was recruiting to bammer. Why can't Gran be that gracious?

Might have something to do with the fact that Gran was fired and Thompson resigned... :poke:

As long as it's not against NCAA rules, all is fair in recruiting in my opinion. Coaches have every right to talk to a kid about coming to a school.

Having said that, kids need to realize that if they're going to a specific school just for the coach, that they may wind up at said school and the coach could be long gone in a year or less. Kids should look at what the school has to offer as much as who the coach is.

Might have something to do with the fact that Gran was fired and Thompson resigned... :poke:

As long as it's not against NCAA rules, all is fair in recruiting in my opinion. Coaches have every right to talk to a kid about coming to a school.

Having said that, kids need to realize that if they're going to a specific school just for the coach, that they may wind up at said school and the coach could be long gone in a year or less. Kids should look at what the school has to offer as much as who the coach is.

Amen that is the biggest problem I hvae with kids who decommit after a coach leaves or gets fired. You go for the school not the coach.

From what I have heard Thompson has contacted several Bama recruits.

Amen that is the biggest problem I hvae with kids who decommit after a coach leaves or gets fired. You go for the school not the coach.

Very true but if its in the recruiting process you want to go where the program fits your skills and you feel comfortable with coaches off the get go. The transition the first year can be rough for freshman so having a close connection with people recruited can help. Thats why i was worried at first about our recruits when tubs was canned/resigned.

which ones?

which ones?

Don't ask me, it may just be Bammers spreading BS.

which ones?

Don't ask me, it may just be Bammers spreading BS.

It looks like a Tiger spreading BS.

What's the problem? I'd expect Gran to contact every recruit he was working on for Auburn that UT might want. I also expect Thompson to contact every recruit he was working on for UAT that UT might want.

Again, what's the problem? They are being paid by their new schools to do a job. "No class" doesn't apply here, it's simple business.

I hope our new coaches are in contact with every recruit they were working on for their old schools that can help Auburn. You'd better believe that if Rodney Garner had come here, we'd be raiding Georgia's commits even as we speak type. If we weren't, I'd think we made a big mistake hiring Garner.

Archived