Clint Moseley

BARNER

IMO, and I will admit I have never seen either kid play, sometimes you want the kid who wants Auburn (CM).

I am glad we got him. Even though he's only 2A, enough people thought enough of him to make him the Alabama Player of the Year.

I realize this may be a recruiting forum thread but now that he's locked, I like that he's here. You won't have to explain the rivalry games to him and again, he wants to be here. I'll bet you he outworks some of the players who feel entitled.

IMO, and I will admit I have never seen either kid play, sometimes you want the kid who wants Auburn (CM).

I am glad we got him. Even though he's only 2A, enough people thought enough of him to make him the Alabama Player of the Year.

I realize this may be a recruiting forum thread but now that he's locked, I like that he's here. You won't have to explain the rivalry games to him and again, he wants to be here. I'll bet you he outworks some of the players who feel entitled.

I agree ... I want those that want AU.

Can anyone possible imagine the fallout from Barkley if we got Raymond?

A black quarterback named Cotton?

That would be raciist.

Can anyone possible imagine the fallout from Barkley if we got Raymond?

A black quarterback named Cotton?

That would be raciist.

Now wait just a Cotton Pickin' minute. J/K

BTW, I picked cotton for 2.5¢ a pound when I was a kid (before the Industrial Revolution :yes: ).

The title of the thread is Cotton vs Raymond. Only 1/3 of recruits actually make it to their senior year and contribute. That leaves us with a 17% chance that these 2 will compete against each other their senior year. I realized no one asked.....but my point is why compare....now.

Had I forecasted a statistical analysis of my post I would have prepared in advance.

At this point, I am stuck with a simple counter; it was an emotion, not a fact.

The “versus” piece of the equation comes from my assumption that team chemistry might be better with people who actually want to be here versus those who might feel entitled.

But you are right, there is a chance neither would play. Just as there is a chance they could both win a Heisman… which leads to more statistical anaylsis.

:blink:

I'm glad we got Alabama's Mr. Football, and I hope Moseley works out for us. I hope we are also able to get Cotton back in the fold.

As for Moseley "wanting to be here", the word around Leroy is that both he and his father are lifetime Bammers. He wants to be here because no other big school has shown any interest in him. If he wants to play big time college football, Auburn is his only option, so of course he wants to be here. But it's not like he's had orange and blue eyeballs since birth.

Brandon Cox was a lifelong Bammer, but when UAT didn't offer him, he came to Auburn and never lost to them. May Moseley also leave Auburn 4-0 against the Tuskaloser school.

Archived