AU vs TN (women) b'ball Game Thread

TitanTiger

And ANOTHER sloppy turnover. 2:20 left.

UT turns it over to give us the ball back.

Wow. We're really not closing well. UT with another basket. 73-63 with 1:33 left.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand why we did it, but it seemed like slowing it down around the 8 minute mark really affected our flow. Game is sloppy and if we pull it out it won't look like the domination that this game was.

1:01 to go now. Foul on UT.

Hobbs hits the freebies. AU 75-63.

Layup on the other end for UT. AU 75-65 with 56 seconds left. And I agree with the slow down thing. We seemed to actually pass up some good fastbreak opportunities to bleed clock. Should have kept the hammer down.

Bonner now has a career high with 32 pts. UT misses on the other end and Bonner with the rebound. Got fouled with 32 seconds left.

Misses the first, hits the second. AU 80-67

Another Auburn steal and Bonner is fouled again. 24 seconds left.

She hits both. AU 82-67. Announcer said we've never beaten the Lady Vols by double digits.

Fortner clearing the bench now.

Crowd chanting "It's great...to be...an Auburn Tiger!"

AUBURN WINS! 20-0 now with a 82-68 win!

Fortner and players thanking the capacity crowd. Really cool moment for them. Congrats Ladies!

We had some football players there (10-12 go to most of the games), but I'm not sure if he was there or not. It was AUsome in there today! This team deserves it!

This was my second game after never attending one. These girls are special. Try to make down to watch them play in person before the season is over.

I will hate having to play Tenn in 3 more years though.

Archived