MEN'S SEC tournament in Tampa

WarTiger

Here are the first round games for thursday.

G1 [E4] Kentucky vs. [W5] Ole Miss 1:00 p.m. / Raycom SEC TBA

G2 [W3] Miss. State vs. [E6] Georgia 3:15 p.m. / Raycom SEC TBA

G3 [W4] Alabama vs. [E5] Vanderbilt 7:30 p.m. / Raycom SEC TBA

G4 [E3] Florida vs. [W6] Arkansas 9:45 p.m. / Raycom SEC TBA

Auburn plays at 8:45 CT. on Friday night and gets the winner of the Florida/Arkansas Game. I like our chances regardless of who we play. This team is really on fire right now and playing great basketball.

Man this is exciting! I am so glad that at least we are looking forward to tourney time! What's it been like 4 or 5 years since we could even talk about going dancing?

I hope we do get UF. We have to win big games to get into the tourney. I don't want the pressure of: win the tourney or you don't get in. I'd rather play all the tough games we can. If we win one or two against good teams. We don't have to win on Sunday. If we beat UF and UT, we'd be in.

I think Kentucky/Ole Miss will be a good one. UK fans always come out in full force which makes it a lot better than a 3/4s empty arena. Alabama/Vandy should also be decent. I am heading to Tampa Wednesday afternoon. I am going to keep score on Thursday to force myself to pay close attention to those games. It will be unncecessary starting Friday.

I hope we do get UF. We have to win big games to get into the tourney. I don't want the pressure of: win the tourney or you don't get in. I'd rather play all the tough games we can. If we win one or two against good teams. We don't have to win on Sunday. If we beat UF and UT, we'd be in.

Agreed. If we beat :uf:, and look good doing it, I think it'd be hard to keep us out - particularly given that, with that win, we'd have 11 total conference wins, and we'd have won 9 out of the last 10. Unless one of the lower seeds wins the tournament, the only alternative would be that only three SEC teams get invited, and I can't see that happening, even in the proverbial "down year" for the conference.

Plus, I say again, if we continue to play defense, limit our turnovers and keep the game at our tempo like we did against :lsu: , I'm not sure it matters who the opponent is.

Why is it in Tampa? That is farther south than any SEC team. Definitely not centrally located.

They are moving it around at least for the next four years, maybe even for good. This year will be Tampa. Next will be Nashville, Atlanta, and New Orleans. Tampa is far from central. It is even a good distance from Gainesville. I guess they want to be in a large metropolitan area where there will be choices of things to do and places to see for the fans. If you're going, check out Clearwater.

Archived