Looks like Andre Smith is losing more money.

FootballFanatic

I hope the Bengals like their top ten draft...bust.

Guy was the best left tackle in the SEC for 3 years, but since you don't like Alabama, he's gonna suck in the NFL?

OOOOOOOkkkaaaaaaay.

Guy was the best left tackle in the SEC for 3 years, but since you don't like Alabama, he's gonna suck in the NFL?

OOOOOOOkkkaaaaaaay.

Who said it had anything to do with him going to Bama? Pretty much everyone on here admits that he is incredibly talented no matter where he went to school. There are ample red flags going up around him to make you think this could be a high risk pick. Did you see the clip of him running with his man boobs hitting him in the face? How the heck can someone show up for the combine in that bad a shape.

What makes a team owner or coach think he would care enough to show up for camp in shape? There is plenty of negative buzz about this guy and it isn't all coming from an Auburn message board.

OOOOOOOkkkaaaaaaay.

Who said it had anything to do with him going to Bama? Pretty much everyone on here admits that he is incredibly talented no matter where he went to school. There are ample red flags going up around him to make you think this could be a high risk pick. Did you see the clip of him running with his man boobs hitting him in the face? How the heck can someone show up for the combine in that bad a shape.

What makes a team owner or coach think he would care enough to show up for camp in shape? There is plenty of negative buzz about this guy and it isn't all coming from an Auburn message board.

Ever occur to anyone that he's always had man boobs? He's not in any different shape than he's been for the last 3 years. No worse, no better.

And that shape has been dominating DEs in the SEC for years. His ability comes less from his physique and more from his footwork and mental game.

OOOOOOOkkkaaaaaaay.

Ever occur to anyone that he's always had man boobs? He's not in any different shape than he's been for the last 3 years. No worse, no better.

And that shape has been dominating DEs in the SEC for years. His ability comes less from his physique and more from his footwork and mental game.

I never said the reason why he is going to be a bust is becaus he is from Alabama. You need to chill out and understand that there is going to be Bama bashing on an Auburn board; but not everybody is out to poke fun or slam Bama on here. I think Andre is going to be a busy because I believe he is overrated, talented but still a lot of hype for someone that has one too many problems. First flag for me was the whole ordeal about why he didn't play in the Sugar Bowl and then combine drama. In my mind, if he doesn't take the combine seriously which is the bascially THE job interview for the NFL then how is he going to manage a NFL season? If he has been that shape the whole time at Bama, then why did every report out of the combine mention the fact that he was out of shape and visibly over weight for his position? Oh I'm sure all those guys were out to bash Bama too.

I think in the end, he landed in the top 10 despite all the "problems" of late because he's been a really good player the last few years and he's basically a good kid that took some stupid advice. Hopefully he's learned from it and will do what he needs to do going forward to be a long term player in the pros.

Missing the Sugar bowl wasn't is fault. It was his uncle who was doing stuff with the agent. And the combine stuff is what happens when you let a family friend be your agent.

I'm not arguing that he didn't make bad decisions. But for 3 years he's been the epitome of class. He's not gotten arrested, or ever been in trouble. He only missed 2 starts in 3 years. He's well spoken and just a little naiive in regards to the draft and what it takes to represent somebody.

He's since fired that family friend. There's a difference bettween having character issues and being young. He's young.

I wish Andre the best. He has seemed somewhat flaky recently but I hope he gets it all together. I am glad that he is gone from college, but I am more glad that Matthew Stafford is gone.

I think he just got bad guidance from some bad people.

BG - Think he ends up a guard down the road, ala Leonard Davis? Pass protection against speed rushers has always been his problem.

I wish Andre the best. He has seemed somewhat flaky recently but I hope he gets it all together. I am glad that he is gone from college, but I am more glad that Matthew Stafford is gone.

Me too, to say he owned Auburn the last 3 years is an understatement.

To be honest, I would have been glad to have Andre at Auburn and would be glad to have him as a pro owner. Now, how early I might have drafted him or what I'd pay him would depend on other factors such as my individual team's needs/priorities, who else was available at what price, and--bottom line--my team's shopping budget.

Missing the Sugar bowl wasn't is fault. It was his uncle who was doing stuff with the agent. And the combine stuff is what happens when you let a family friend be your agent.

I'm not arguing that he didn't make bad decisions. But for 3 years he's been the epitome of class. He's not gotten arrested, or ever been in trouble. He only missed 2 starts in 3 years. He's well spoken and just a little naiive in regards to the draft and what it takes to represent somebody.

He's since fired that family friend. There's a difference bettween having character issues and being young. He's young.

No trouble at all....<wink-wink>.....No sir, NO trouble at all. :lol::lol::lol:

Archived