Auburn Baseball

I've been able to see parts, if not all, of 3 of our last 4 televised games. Guys, it is tough to watch. With a new coach, there may be a learning curve, but mentally, we should be in the game. I don't think we are. I don't think our players expect to win.

This weekend a crucial foul fly ball dropped between two players because the player who couldn't get to it called the other one (who could have gotten to it) off. A long fly to right dropped fair, but the right fielder was loping across the field instead of running - missed getting there by a foot.

The announcers say the coach has a plan - to get some players in here. I'm not sure that vote of lack of confidence inspires our current kids to win. Coaches shouldn't blame it on the players, even when it's the player's fault. I wonder if this guy is a players' coach.

I support Auburn, and I ordinarily like to watch AU baseball, but this was more than I could stomach. Hopefully they'll turn it around, but it will take a new attitude and approach IMHO.

I've been able to see parts, if not all, of 3 of our last 4 televised games. Guys, it is tough to watch. With a new coach, there may be a learning curve, but mentally, we should be in the game. I don't think we are. I don't think our players expect to win.

This weekend a crucial foul fly ball dropped between two players because the player who couldn't get to it called the other one (who could have gotten to it) off. A long fly to right dropped fair, but the right fielder was loping across the field instead of running - missed getting there by a foot.

The announcers say the coach has a plan - to get some players in here. I'm not sure that vote of lack of confidence inspires our current kids to win. Coaches shouldn't blame it on the players, even when it's the player's fault. I wonder if this guy is a players' coach.

I support Auburn, and I ordinarily like to watch AU baseball, but this was more than I could stomach. Hopefully they'll turn it around, but it will take a new attitude and approach IMHO.

It has not been pretty, that is for sure. From what I have seen there seems to be somewhat of an effort issue and what I would call concentration (the flyballs that you mentioned) and errors in the field.

Maybe the talent is down ( Morris and Mummey were big time coming out of h.s).

It is disturbing that it looks as if they have cashed in the chips for the season already.

I have been to almost every home game this year, I think I may have missed 2 or 3. A few observations from someone who probably doesn't know that much about the game except what he sees week in an week out.

This team is very young, some probably pressed into service before they really should have. There have been times when they have looked good, very good . . . other time when, well . . . . It seems there is very little consistency. I wonder if that may have to do with the age factor.

In the field I have seen wonderful play from just about every position, and then seen miscommunication and "flat-footedness" in almost every position.

The team leads, or at least coming into this weekend lead, the nation in home runs. I wonder if there has been too much "who can hit the most home runs in a game", always swinging for the fences, and not enough of just making contact and putting the ball into play. I don't have the stats, but we have left a TON of people stranded on base this year. Just this past weekend I want to remember that we has the bases loaded with none or one out and could't being but one home!

Have you noticed that just about any pitcher that is doing much of anything is either a true or red-shirt freshman? I have heard the comment made that previous coaching may have brought the pitching along. Any idea of how many runs we have given up with two outs?

Yes, it's been hard to watch at times. But I will continue to go to the games and watch because I think there is a ton of talent out there and the current coaching staff can and will bring the guys along.

Two years from now we will look back on this season and point to it as a step in the right direction. Coach Paw will get it done! We are very young. Ole Miss, for example, is very top heavy (Seniors and Juniors). They are also VERY good. LSU is similar to Ole Miss, along with UF. The best three teams in the league right now.

Two years from now we will look back on this season and point to it as a step in the right direction. Coach Paw will get it done!

I hope that is the case. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This being the first year for Coach Paw will buy him some time. Hopefully he will get the job done.

Archived