Moving To Baldwin County Next year

starting to scope out neighborhoods in daphne, spanish fort, fairhope area. every house that comes up is in freakin Lake Forest. i'm worried that since it is its own little community there will be outrageous homeowners fees but i can't find any info on it. we'll be looking at houses in the 160k to 170k range so any suggestions from locals is helpful. grew up in mobile and like the idea of mobile, i just don't especially want to live in it.

I lived in Mobile for years and had friends living in Lake Forest. But I don't remember any of them saying anything about the home owners fees and such.

Have you checked out Rock Creek? They have a great golf course and the homes are pretty nice.

link

Will you be working in Mobile or Baldwin County?

While we're on the subject, I'm moving to the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area as soon as we sell our house in Nashville. Can anyone tell me about some of the areas close by that are good? Foley is looking pretty good price wise. Is that a good area? How far away from the Gulf is that?

Foley is about 8-10 miles from the Gulf...it has really grown a lot in the last 10-15 years and has almost tripled in population from what it was when I was growing up there in the '70s and '80s.

Foley has a Mellow Mushroom, if that's a selling point B)

There is a large outlet mall complete with movie theater nearby and if you like to golf, several golf courses are a short drive from Foley.

I'm sure someone like rws who currently lives in Foley can give you a much more detailed breakdown of the area as it looks now...I visited a couple of times a year (until '07) while my mom still lived there, but I haven't lived in Foley since 1992.

I lived in Mobile for years and had friends living in Lake Forest. But I don't remember any of them saying anything about the home owners fees and such.

Have you checked out Rock Creek? They have a great golf course and the homes are pretty nice.

link

both, me in mobile, and wife in daphne. that's why the location of lake forest is key, i can jump on 10 in a second and be on my way to mobile.

deepseas is a fine upstanding habitant of Lake Forest.

i figured with over 3,000 houses in one subdivision there would be at least one person on the board that lived there.

link

both, me in mobile, and wife in daphne. that's why the location of lake forest is key, i can jump on 10 in a second and be on my way to mobile.

Where will you be working?

I'm a contract archaeologist so all over. My office would most likely be in mobile. Near USA. But not that important since most of my work is done outside on site.

Foley is about 8-10 miles from the Gulf...it has really grown a lot in the last 10-15 years and has almost tripled in population from what it was when I was growing up there in the '70s and '80s.

There is a large outlet mall complete with movie theater nearby and if you like to golf, several golf courses are a short drive from Foley.

I'm sure someone like rws who currently lives in Foley can give you a much more detailed breakdown of the area as it looks now...I visited a couple of times a year (until '07) while my mom still lived there, but I haven't lived in Foley since 1992.

I didn't realize it was that close. Mellow Mushroom is for sure a selling point. I've been talking with rws, and hopefully he will show me around a little when we come down there to scope things out soon! ;)

I didn't realize it was that close. Mellow Mushroom is for sure a selling point. I've been talking with rws, and hopefully he will show me around a little when we come down there to scope things out soon! ;)

Remember this after that visit with rws:

WASH

RINSE

REPEAT

I'm a contract archaeologist so all over. My office would most likely be in mobile. Near USA. But not that important since most of my work is done outside on site.

Now we know why the man crush on Indiana Jones. :poke:

man crush only applies to pre-crystal skulls indiana jones only. that last movie was an abomination.

Archived