Lebo interview on al.com

Folks this would be unbelievable for Auburn. Those of you who dont like Lebo, you have a right but I think in the long run he is great for Auburn and Auburn is great for him(of course its great for everybody). Its not a definite that they will come but it could happen.

War Eagle :au::au::au:

Link Added

http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2009/06/todd...njeff_lebo.html

Good interview, I've always liked Lebo. I agree that the SEC across the board needs to beef up the OOC schedule just a tad. I wish Auburn either play UAB or GaTech every year. Having North Carolina coming to the the new arena to open it up would be awesome. A new arena might actually help in getting some name teams to come to the Plains.

• 3 weeks later...

It makes perfect sense, Lebo being a UNC graduate and all...I hope that gets done.

Also saw where Virginia is definitely on the schedule for this year and possibly FSU as well...hope the FSU game gets done. We don't need to overdo it, but we need to be playing more than 2 or 3 top 50 RPI type teams in the non-conference.

I don't understand why Auburn doesn't play GaTech and UAB every year in basketball, two cities with large Auburn fanbases and GaTech is an old SEC rival.

You'll get no argument from me there...we used to play UAB in the late '80s some, best I can recall. I remember they were our opponent on the Friday night before the historic '89 Auburn-Alabama game that was in Jordan-Hare.

Perfect if you want to cut costs, too...both of those opponents are only a bus ride away and they are respectable, to boot.

Archived