Is Darvin Adams Auburn's Julio Jones

Auburncheese

Darvin Adams has come up big for Auburn in the past three games. He has 15 receptions in 3 games 261 total yards and 4 touchdowns. Julio Jones has played in (I believe 15 games) and has 63 receptions with 979 total yards and 4 touchdowns. Julio and Darvin are both sophomores. Darvin is 6'3 and Julio is 6'4. Julio is more highly tauted and more physical but Darvin has come without the media and could become more physical.. I hope he keeps producing and help auburn as much as Julio has helped Alabama.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CTT was known for finding players who were not on the top of Rivals or Scouts list. Many of these players ended up on the top of Mel Kiper's list on draft day. I hope Darvin is another one of these.

I agree that Darvin has really become a "go to" receiver. The inequity exists with the "rest of them." Yeah, we have Zachery and now and then we have Fannin and Smith as receivers but the Bummers have Oakley and three or four others who are also receivers besides JJ. Hopefully, as the season goes on, we will have players like Blake and Benton step up as well as Hawthorne and be on a level playing field with the bammers and others relative to WR's. The key now is keeping Todd healthy and the O line. The primary difference between us and Bammer is that we have a diverse, unpredictable offense and they have a power offense which just rams it at you and throws an occasional pass, which is usually effective.

If Darvin continues to score TD's like he has, he'll be known as the D.A. of Lee County. LOL

Darvin Adams has come up big for Auburn in the past three games. He has 15 receptions in 3 games 261 total yards and 4 touchdowns. Julio Jones has played in (I believe 15 games) and has 63 receptions with 979 total yards and 4 touchdowns. Julio and Darvin are both sophomores. Darvin is 6'3 and Julio is 6'4. Julio is more highly tauted and more physical but Darvin has come without the media and could become more physical.. I hope he keeps producing and help auburn as much as Julio has helped Alabama.

Is Darvin Adams Auburn's Julio Jones? Hell no. Adams is on path to break Julio's career TD receptions with 5. More like will Julio Jones ever amount to Bama's version of Darvin Adams.

Congratulations on your good receiver! Maybe he can be Auburn's Darvin Adams and Julio Jones can be Alabama's Julio Jones...I dunno...since they are different people. It is nice how you guys try to compare him to our player. Thanks!

Congratulations on your good receiver! Maybe he can be Auburn's Darvin Adams and Julio Jones can be Alabama's Julio Jones...I dunno...since they are different people. It is nice how you guys try to compare him to our player. Thanks!

I think you understand the sarcastic nature of the thread. It's a bit of a joke, playing off the "Julio is the best wide receiver in the nation" statement. I believe that JJ will play strong this week and begin a streak of very productive games. At the end of the year, he will be considered a part of an elite trio of SEC wr's, along with AJ Green and one of the LSU cats (Toliver or Lafell).

I think you understand the sarcastic nature of the thread. It's a bit of a joke, playing off the "Julio is the best wide receiver in the nation" statement. I believe that JJ will play strong this week and begin a streak of very productive games. At the end of the year, he will be considered a part of an elite trio of SEC wr's, along with AJ Green and one of the LSU cats (Toliver or Lafell).

Haha yeah that's what I was getting at. No doubt, Adams is good, though. JJ had a slow start (and missed a game), but I'm sure he'll get in stride.

Dream on........ROFLMBO!

Thanks for that post, good sir...but the numbers don't lie.

Darvin also has comparable numbers to AJ Green who I also think people would considered one of the best in the SEC if not nation.

julio is on the sidelines. DA is one of the nation's leading recievers. No comparison. :au:

Freshman year:

Darvin Adams: 3 catches for 18 yards

Julio: 58 catches for 924 yards

Darvin has played 3 crappy secondaries this year and Julio's been hurt and only played in 1 game.

Maybe we should at least let Darvin play a full season in the SEC before we start comparing him to an all american.

Freshman year:

Darvin has played 3 crappy secondaries this year and Julio's been hurt and only played in 1 game.

Maybe we should at least let Darvin play a full season in the SEC before we start comparing him to an all american.

"we"? Who is this we you speak of little bg? You can hang out on that short limb by yourself. :roflol::roflol::roflol:

I'm watching the Ole Miss-USC game and in the footnotes to the Top 25 schedule on the ESPN Bottomline when they got to Bama/Arkansas the footnote read: Alabama's J. Jones 0 TD's last 11 games.

Freshman year:

Thanks for clearing that up. Your awesome dude. Way to jump in there.

Archived