Is Darvin Adams Auburn's Julio Jones

Auburncheese

Freshman year:

Darvin Adams: 3 catches for 18 yards

Julio: 58 catches for 924 yards

Darvin has played 3 crappy secondaries this year and Julio's been hurt and only played in 1 game.

Maybe we should at least let Darvin play a full season in the SEC before we start comparing him to an all american.

Thanks for clearing that up. Your awesome dude. Way to jump in there.

SO nice for a Deadbeat Bammer to chime-in with some of their infinite wisdom and smugness. I deleted half of my reply to avoid "bashing"... go play with people that care what you think!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stats so far this year, against roughly equal competition.

Darvin Adams

4 games, 20 rec, 334 yds, 16.7 ypc, 83.5 ypg, 5 TDs

Julio Jones

3 games, 7 rec, 120 yds, 17.1 ypc, 40 ypg, 1 TD

**note: He did get injured on the 1st series vs FL Int. Take out that one game and he's averaging 18.5 ypc and 55.5 ypg.

And just for fun:

Terrell Zachary

4 games, 11 rec, 276 yds, 25.1 ypc, 69 ypg, 3 TDs

Mario Fannin

4 games, 13 rec, 222 yds, 17.1 ypc, 55.5 ypg, 2 TDs

Darvin Adams

Julio Jones

**note: He did get injured on the 1st series vs FL Int. Take out that one game and he's averaging 18.5 ypc and 55.5 ypg.

And just for fun:

Terrell Zachary

Mario Fannin

Against roughly equal competition? Seriously? Julio has played 2 games this year: Va Tech and Arkansas.

Darvin Adams is not a better WR than Julio Jones. To argue otherwise is lunacy.

Darvin Adams

Julio Jones

And just for fun:

Terrell Zachary

Mario Fannin

BG Will loose his mind if he reads this! And it will be the dumbest statement ever!!! :roflol:

Darvin Adams

Julio Jones

And just for fun:

Terrell Zachary

Mario Fannin

Against roughly equal competition? Seriously? Julio has played 2 games this year: Va Tech and Arkansas.

I Told you. :cheer:

This is probably true, BG, he's just more productive. To argue otherwise is lunacy.

Julio Jones is not a better WR than AJ Green. To argue otherwise is lunacy.

AJ Green

CAREER STATS

REC YDS TD's

81 1,391 12

NCAA investigations 0, Murder trials 0

Julio Jones

CAREER STATS

REC YDS TD's

65 1,044 5

NCAA investigations 1, Murder trials 1

Darvin Adams

CAREER STATS

REC YDS TD's

23 352 5

NCAA investigations 0, Murder trials 0

To argue otherwise is lunacy.

This is probably true, BG, he's just more productive. To argue otherwise is lunacy.

No. He's more productive when you cherry pick 4 games against sorry competition and compare it to Julio's 2 games he's played in this season.

Why don't you consider last year's numbers when you come to that conclusion? Because it looks to me like 1044 yards is a little more than 352.

I've already said Julio is behind AJ. Care for me to provide you the link?

No. He's more productive when you cherry pick 4 games against sorry competition and compare it to Julio's 2 games he's played in this season.

Why don't you consider last year's numbers when you come to that conclusion? Because it looks to me like 1044 yards is a little more than 352.

So now you are saying the entire 2009 season thus far is cherry picking.What a joke of an argument, :roflol::roflol:

of course its more....its also 12 games compared to 4. How in the world are they cherry picking 4 games? Its the first 4 games of the season. It's not like they are picking the first 2 games, skipping the 3rd and using the 4th. Come on dude. Must really suck for you to see an Auburn player with FAR better numbers 4 games into the season than your precious little all-american. Yeah, yeah, yeah, i know poor little WHOOOLIO missed some time with a little injury. poor thing.

of course its more....its also 12 games compared to 4. How in the world are they cherry picking 4 games? Its the first 4 games of the season. It's not like they are picking the first 2 games, skipping the 3rd and using the 4th. Come on dude. Must really suck for you to see an Auburn player with FAR better numbers 4 games into the season than your precious little all-american. Yeah, yeah, yeah, i know poor little WHOOOLIO missed some time with a little injury. poor thing.

He did play in 3 games right??? The great Julio has 7 catches 120 yards and 1 TD. "FOR THE SEASON BG"

Darvin had that beat in one game against UWV Dumb Dumb Argument BG Just Dumb

I'd say it's cherry picking when you eliminate all of last year...where Julio Jones had more than triple the production Adams has...only to compare Adams' 4 games this year to Julio's 2.

It doesn't bother me one bit. You guys haven't played anybody, we've already beaten a top 10 team and proven we are one of the top 1-2 teams in the nation.

You aren't even ranked. Why would I be bothered?

Call me when you play somebody.

BG,

The fact that DA has as many TD's after four starts as JJ has after 13 or 14 means he is more productive in scoring. That being said, clearly JJ's yards are way more impressive as are his three times as many catches. What is inarguable is that this year DA is having a way better season than JJ against similar competition.

Other than Va Tech who have you beaten? Three bad teams. Other than West Virginia who have we beaten? Three bad teams. Ark is 1-3. MSU 2-2. Arky gave #18 Georgia a scare. MSU gave #4 LSU a scare. You hammered Arky, we hammered MSU. Arguing over who is worse among North Texas, Tulane, Ball State & La Tech is like arguing which is more uncomfortable, a hangnail or a bunion?

We all know how jacked up the polls are, like why aren't you guys #2? Texas couldn't come within 20 points of Bama. At the same time Va Tech is ranked #6 and WVU is unranked but WVU would smoke the Hokies. For that matter, Michigan hasn't beaten a team that could hang with North Texas yet they are ranked and we aren't.

I still contend that JJ vs DA is apples and oranges. JJ is bigger and stronger. DA quicker and faster. You need a third and long conversion you go to JJ, you need a TD you go to DA but no one could find fault throwing to either one.

At the same time Va Tech is ranked #6 and WVU is unranked but WVU would smoke the Hokies

This post invalidates pretty much everything else you said.

If you honestly think WVU would smoke Va Tech, you're the biggest homer on the planet. WVU couldn't even smoke Liberty.

My point remains. Darvin Adams may have been more productive, but it's no way an indication that he's a better WR. There are a myriad of factors in play:

Julio draws double coverage against everyone. Adams does not.

Julio has played 2 games, Adams 4.

Alabama has 6 guys with 95 yards or more receiving (5 w/100). Auburn has 3 with the next closest guy at 67.

Alabama runs the ball or throws to backs in the red zone over favoring pass plays to WRs.

If you want to look at stats, then Mark Ingram, Darius Hanks, and Mike McCoy should all be considered better receivers than Julio Jones. And only an idiot who's unfamiliar with the sport of football would make that argument.

I didn't cherry pick. I put both of their numbers up for all the games they've played in this year.

Because I just threw the numbers out there for comparison. I even noted the game where Julio only played a few plays then got injured.

I don't think Darvin is a more talented or gifted WR than Julio. But this year so far, he is more productive no matter how you slice it. You've played one good defense. WVU's defense is better than the sieve they field at Arky.

So you are saying JJ can't be counted on?

He played through a sports hernia and a sprained wrist last year. His durability isn't something I'm concerned with.

When you're playing against FIU and N Texas, you have the luxury of sitting the guy.

Wins > Stats.

So are you saying Auburn WR corp is better than Bama's? That would be headline news.

And I noted his averages in those games.

Alabama has 6 guys with 95 yards or more receiving (5 w/100). Auburn has 3 with the next closest guy at 67.

Yet none of them are good enough to take pressure off of Julio and stop those double teams?

labama runs the ball or throws to backs in the red zone over favoring pass plays to WRs.

True.

If you want to look at stats, then Mark Ingram, Darius Hanks, and Mike McCoy should all be considered better receivers than Julio Jones. And only an idiot who's unfamiliar with the sport of football would make that argument.

Well, there's talent, then there's production. This year so far, Julio's got a whole lot more of the former and not so much of the latter.

Wins > Stats.

Come on, BG, my last comment was clearly a joke. Clever as all get out, too. And you are right Wins > Stats.

Yeah. Too bad our coaches think that way. Wait...

So you are saying JJ can't be counted on?

Darvin Adams is currently ranked #32 in the nation in total receivng yards. Huwhere is Hulio? Currently ranked tied for #234th along with a couple of Fresno St & a U of Maryland WRs. Lank

Draw your own conclusions. Mine is: his peers are WAC & ACC bottom dwellers because of a sophomore slump. B) Hold off on the All-World accolades.

At the same time Va Tech is ranked #6 and WVU is unranked but WVU would smoke the Hokies

This post invalidates pretty much everything else you said.

If you honestly think WVU would smoke Va Tech, you're the biggest homer on the planet. WVU couldn't even smoke Liberty.

My point remains. Darvin Adams may have been more productive, but it's no way an indication that he's a better WR. There are a myriad of factors in play:

Alabama runs the ball or throws to backs in the red zone over favoring pass plays to WRs.

Just B/C you disagree with his statement does not invalidate his statement.. Are you now god?

And can tell us who will, Or will not win A ballgame. And If you are BG can you slow down this rain????

Your argument is a joke BG J.Jones B/C he was and All American Last year should be the # 1 Receiver this year !!

I guess B/C you Say so. :o You have to do it Every year BG, Tim Tebow Won the Heisman As A sophomore. Did he win it last YEAR???? :no: Will He Win It this Year??? :no: And B/C you like J.J as a player that doesn't count!!!

J.J does not have the #'s This year, A player with 1 TD 120 yards And 7 catches is nowhere close to #1 in fact he is ranked # 284 You have no evidence To justify your claim , You have no evidence to support such A frivolous claim.

YOU LOSSE

Also BG, don't act like you've played some amazing schedule while we've played no one. You played one good team with a good defense. You played two utter cupcakes and a third team with a good name but a defense made of wet napkins. If you ranked all of our opponents so far this year they'd go this way:

VT

WVU

MSU

Arky

La Tech

FL Int'l

N. Texas

Ball St.

Overall, our schedules are about the same, even if you nitpick the bottom four.

Julio sprained his left wrist on a fishin' trip. Then he sprained his right wrist totin' J.Harris's laptop around. Give the guy a BREAK!

So now, the merits of a player are ONLY to be derived from stats without any exterior consideration.

You guys would HONESTLY take Darius Hanks over Julio Jones?

See BG the thing you cant get though the giant bowling ball sitting on your shoulders is!

We all think J.Jones is a great football player. You believe he is a God :roflol: And think we should be in Awe of him.

He has not been that good this year, Sorry but the truth sometimes hurts.

Archived