Short Yardage

autiger6

Why do we continue to run out of the shotgun on 3rd and 1? I know we have the package that has Isom in the backfield as a blocker? When we needed a 1st down last night we use the speed sweep late in the game?

It just makes my ass sick! It looks like we are afraid to even try to MAN UP and blow someone off the ball. Get the QB under center and run a sneak if nothing else. You don't have to be cute on every play. Like Dye used to say, if you can't get a yard when you need it then you probably aren't going to win anyway.

We did go from under center on one of those if I'm not mistaken, but I agree, if you can't get 1 yard, you don't deserve to win.

What burns me up is when we get going on offense and make a big play and get to the line super fast, we run it up the middle and get stopped almost every single time. I can't remember a time this year that that's worked for us. At least run a different play every now and then. It's always...big play>run to the line>Tate up the middle for maybe 1. If you're trying to gas the defense, run something where they're going to have to run sideline to sideline, or maybe throw that quick pass out to Fannin and make them run more.

Archived