Lache Seastrunk says

Shug2003

no Coach Porter, no LSU... According to multiple sources, including Scout, Porter is expected to be named Head Coach at Memphis either tonight or tommorow. Looks like Seastrunk will be eliminating LSWHO. I'm keeping my fingers crossed he will join Dyer at Auburn. :thumbsup:

Update....PORTER HAS BEEN HIRED AT MEMPHIS...Come on down Lache...we need you.

The more time that passes, the more Seastrunk looks like a very confused young man. Hope he pulls it all together.

He's confused or you're confused? ;)

I still can't shake the feeling he's headed to USC. I have a feeling, and no means of justifying it, that with Dyer making such a push for Lattimore, Lache will eventually commit elsewhere. Maybe Dyer and Seastrunk have been talking often and there just hasn't been an article about it.

He also did not take a visit this past weekend out to USC as once planned.

I read a article on rivals that he was suppose to be in Auburn this past weekend but stayed home to spend time

with family because his sister or somebody was going to Iraq....

The more time that passes, the more Seastrunk looks like a very confused young man. Hope he pulls it all together.

The Trojans look to be on the decline.

I'm always somewhat confused, but then I don't have thousands of people trying to read things into my every utterance. Either I read the wrong information sources, or Seastrunk has been all over the spectrum this fall. Is he playing games or is he uh, confused?

He's going through the recruiting process, which includes looking at/visiting/talking to multiple schools. For all we know, he could just be enjoying the experience and already have his mind made up. Regardless, just b/c he has given complimentary statements towards multiple schools does not necessarily mean he's confused. It just means we, the fans, don't know exactly what he's thinking or in which direction he's leaning ... the recruitment of a 5-star athlete, it happens.

If they were going to commit I would think they would have to do it soon. We are down to 6 or 7 scholly left. I would think we get 1 CB, 2 DL, 2 OL. This leaves us with 1 or maybe 2 left. I wouldn't think we would take all 3 but you never know. Reed's commit helps with Sea but I'm not so sure anymore. Both aren't showing their cards.

If they were going to commit I would think they would have to do it soon. We are down to 6 or 7 scholly left. I would think we get 1 CB, 2 DL, 2 OL. This leaves us with 1 or maybe 2 left. I wouldn't think we would take all 3 but you never know. Reed's commit helps with Sea but I'm not so sure anymore. Both aren't showing their cards.

We can enroll 5 early signees plus 25 more February signees.

Two current committs are going to be early guys and according to the Atlanta paper, a HS DT we are leading with (forgot the name) will also be an early enrolee. We need to fill those five early slots with five QUALITY players.

That takes us down to 20 current committs for February. Make what anyone will of the fact that a school can sign 28 in February to enroll 25 next August. Different coaches may handle that deal differently. So we have somewhere between 5 and 8 openings for February, assuming that all of those currently committed to Auburn keep their promises.

Two current committs are going to be early guys and according to the Atlanta paper, a HS DT we are leading with (forgot the name) will also be an early enrolee. We need to fill those five early slots with five QUALITY players.

That takes us down to 20 current committs for February. Make what anyone will of the fact that a school can sign 28 in February to enroll 25 next August. Different coaches may handle that deal differently. So we have somewhere between 5 and 8 openings for February, assuming that all of those currently committed to Auburn keep their promises.

What takes us down to 20? The early commits do not count against the 28 (w/ 25 able to enroll).

What takes us down to 20? The early commits do not count against the 28 (w/ 25 able to enroll).

Also, wasnt Justin Delaine projected to be a sign and place?? I haven't heard much word on how his grades were since he first committed. If thats the case then I would imagine he is thrown into the 3 that we are allotted to not have enroll. Also, any grey-shirt prospects?

And to clarify -- we have 22 commits right now with 2 that are projected to enroll in January which drops our actual total down to 20. So, if we add the 3 more that we can enroll in January we could actually have 25 commits for 2009, but still be sitting at 20 scholarships for the year. I think the poster knew the 5 early enrollees dont count against this years total. He just wasnt taking away the 3 unknowns that we have yet to identify. Essentially we only have 17 commits for the 2009 class right now assuming we fill our 5 open slots for early enrolling.

And to clarify -- we have 22 commits right now with 2 that are projected to enroll in January which drops our actual total down to 20. So, if we add the 3 more that we can enroll in January we could actually have 25 commits for 2009, but still be sitting at 20 scholarships for the year. I think the poster knew the 5 early enrollees dont count against this years total. He just wasnt taking away the 3 unknowns that we have yet to identify. Essentially we only have 17 commits for the 2009 class right now assuming we fill our 5 open slots for early enrolling.

I'm not sure but I think Bonomolo is a December graduate and January enrollee as a JUCO guy. So with him, Jessel Curry and Craig Sanders, we have 3 early enrollees and 2 more to go. So hopefully add whoever the Georgia DT is - Whitaker or Thornton, and maybe a JUCO OL or CB, and we've got our 5 guys. That would be huge for us to get them in early.

Sanders has potential to contribute at end as a freshman, and I assume Bonomolo would step in right away at end. (The guy is a beast) Curry would be good for the LBs, even though I'm not sure he would play right away like Holland or Owens. The OL, hopefully a tackle, would be able to step in and get an early start at filling in the right tackle position, and Whitaker/Thornton would be able to make a push for a backup role at DT.

But thats all speculative. We're still a long way from snagging either Whitaker or Thornton, and there's plenty of uncertainty in trying to grab a JUCO tackle like Rozell Gayden - even though he says he'll make his decision in the next two weeks.

Hopefully, Delaine is a sign and place kinda guy. He's a little raw and unrefined, and needs some more time to mature as a player. That would therefore open up an extra spot in the class - instead of 8 remaining slots for the fall, we would get 9, which would open space for both Lattimore and Seastrunk.

Ryan

We can enroll 25 players for 2009. We have enrolled 20. That leaves five (the early signees) to enroll in Jan. and count on LAST year's (2009's) 25.

We currently have 22 committs. Two of those are eligible to enroll early and count against LAST year's numbers. I have seen it written that Bonomolo will not qualify to enroll early, but it would be great if that changes.

22 minus 2=20 current committs to count against the 2010 total, which leaves 5 more 2010 slots to fill. All SEC schools can oversign by three this year, so we could sign 28 to enroll 25.

First order of business is to find three more that qualify for early signing. If depth is as big an issue as some seem to think, it's imperative that all 5 of these openings be filled with quality players. Then on to finishing the 2010 class.

Also, wasnt Justin Delaine projected to be a sign and place?? I haven't heard much word on how his grades were since he first committed.

Apparently he has made his ACT score and will qualify.

Also, wasnt Justin Delaine projected to be a sign and place?? I haven't heard much word on how his grades were since he first committed.

Apparently he has made his ACT score and will qualify.

That's great news as I would rather have him at AU burning a redshirt while improving strength and improving technique than at JUCO burning a year of eligibility and getting very little out of it.

Archived