Mr. & Mrs. CT go to Russia

CarolinaTiger

Hi all:

not sure if i've shared this w/ the group yet, but the little lady and i will be headed off to russia next week...for a little over a week's stay.

i'm teaching a course over there and we'll be taking in the sights as the week goes on.

now...when we took the trip to hawaii, several of you had GREAT suggestions for hot spots...especially chuck...

so, chuck & others...any ideas for Moscow?? ;)

we're considering an overnight train trip to St. Petersburg...some have said it's a must, given it's an anniversary year; others have said it's a lot to cram in for the amount of time we'll have (one full sightseeing day only).

at any rate, anybody know anything about russia history?

ct

My sister has been there - her comment was make room in your suitcase for toilet paper. No joke. It is that typical European sandpaper type stuff.

If I could go any where in the world it would AUBURN

It's almost sad.....But SO SO true. Nowhere in the world am I happier than when I'm on the plains. Non AU people just wouldn's understand.

• 2 weeks later...
Watch your backinsky!!!!

And take plenty of those soft pack flushable wipes! :gofig::OnTheCan:

CC, you're not the first person to tell us that...makes me worry.

in fact, we leave in just ONE hour for the airport, and i just now i asked my wife about that...she said she had wipes, but theyr'e not flushable...hmmm i'm pretty much thinking anything is flushable, no? :)

we're pumped, but all the while, i'm also a little anxious. i hate travelling away from the kids...especially when its the both of us...leaving hte kids all alone at home like that... JUST JOKING! <<their grandmother is here, along w/ an uncle to watch them>>

at any rate, we hope to see moscow & st. petersburg... the stated purpose of the trip is for me to teach a course over there next week. <<oh boy!!>>

if you all could float a little prayer up on our behalf for safe travels, we'd kindly appreciate it.

NYET! (i know that means 'no', but it's the only russian word i know, and i've adopted it as a greeting, a farewell, and a "hey what's happening" phrase...sort of like 'aloha', but more flexible and versitile)

ct

CT, just remember this phrase if you ever find yourself in a pickle "пожалуйста направьте меня к самому близкому королю, и я двойн-kursiruh ткань туалета также"

You'll be fine. Have fun. I am so envious.

CT, just remember this phrase if you ever find yourself in a pickle "представляет портал онлайнового перевода, предлагающий вашему вниманию следующие бесплатные сервисы"

OK mr. showoff ;) , you gonna translate that for us???????

CT, just remember this phrase if you ever find yourself in a pickle "представляет портал онлайнового перевода, предлагающий вашему вниманию следующие бесплатные сервисы"

OK mr. showoff ;) , you gonna translate that for us???????

translate??? how bout pronounce???? lol

loosly translated, "пожалуйста направьте меня к самому близкому королю, и я двойн-kursiruh ткань туалета также" means "please direct me to the nearest burger king, and I need double-ply toilet tissue as well" :D

Archived