***Signing Day 2011 Thread

RunInRed

Ok, well my glass half full azz see's that we signed 4 REALLY good offensive linemen with this class. How many did we sign last year (minus Coleman) and how many VIABLE linemen are on the team already? I really do want Cyrus, but without him I'm still not disapointed with this class at all!

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I'm not unhappy at all...it's been a great day and this class is very, very good. It would be great with Kujo!

I really hope Cyrus gets to come to Auburn. That's clearly what he wants to do. That said, we should hold off on the parent bashing. These kids are 17 and 18. There are times when a parent should step in and make a decision for them. Some kids just have bad judgment. I'm not saying that's the case here, but we don't know the situation. If it's just them pulling for Bama, that's absurd. If it's them stepping in because they have a legit concern for their son? I can't really fault them for it. Obviously, I think they're being silly because Auburn is a safe place and a good school... so there's no real cause for concern, but that's not my decision to make for them.

Also, as someone pointed out, Cam was at Auburn because his dad picked Auburn. We can't love on that and hate on this without being hypocritical. Hopefully, Cyrus talks to his parents in a mature way, and he gets to follow his heart. I have a hard time believing that most parents would just out right break their son's heart by forcing him to choose a school he doesn't want. I choose to believe most parents are better than that so I'm not going to believe or speak ill of them until I have cause to do so.

It's been a great day. War Eagle Cyrus! Finish the task and let's get you down to Auburn.

No need to argue parents just dont understand

I might be one of the few here that gets that reference...

Got it -- although nobody got my Seinfeld reference...

I must have missed it.

Fast thread today...

Got it to...had it on tape :roflol:

missed the Seinfeld

I really hope Cyrus gets to come to Auburn. That's clearly what he wants to do. That said, we should hold off on the parent bashing. These kids are 17 and 18. There are times when a parent should step in and make a decision for them. Some kids just have bad judgment. I'm not saying that's the case here, but we don't know the situation. If it's just them pulling for Bama, that's absurd. If it's them stepping in because they have a legit concern for their son? I can't really fault them for it. Obviously, I think they're being silly because Auburn is a safe place and a good school... so there's no real cause for concern, but that's not my decision to make for them.

Also, as someone pointed out, Cam was at Auburn because his dad picked Auburn. We can't love on that and hate on this without being hypocritical. Hopefully, Cyrus talks to his parents in a mature way, and he gets to follow his heart. I have a hard time believing that most parents would just out right break their son's heart by forcing him to choose a school he doesn't want. I choose to believe most parents are better than that so I'm not going to believe or speak ill of them until I have cause to do so.

It's been a great day. War Eagle Cyrus! Finish the task and let's get you down to Auburn.

Still Cam didnt go on national tv commit to Miss. State then change his mind because of Cecil.....This is a bad scene

Gene Chizik is late to his press conference scheduled for 3:00 ET. Wonder if he will be able to discuss the CK situation? Hopefully, he'll get the papers into the school that HE has obviously chosen.

He DID start his announcement out by saying that he "talked with his parents, coaches, everyone..."

Gene Chizik is late to his press conference scheduled for 3:00 ET. Wonder if he will be able to discuss the CK situation?

If he has not signed no he can't comment on CK's situation.

aubie15, agreed. This looks terrible. It looks like they never talk to their kid. But I'm just saying, let's wait to see what actually happens before we throw rocks at his family.

Gene Chizik is late to his press conference scheduled for 3:00 ET. Wonder if he will be able to discuss the CK situation? Hopefully, he'll get the papers into the school that HE has obviously chosen.

He DID start his announcement out by saying that he "talked with his parents, coaches, everyone..."

He may still be talking with Cyrus' and/or his family.

I doubt Chizik would address the issue. He's pretty tight lipped when it comes to drama.

Still Cam didnt go on national tv commit to Miss. State then change his mind because of Cecil.....This is a bad scene

Nothing to see here, move along now... Remember, Cam and his daddy are what's wrong with college football.

That's all that needs to be said. Sadly, that is far from all that will be said.

No, we got it. But Seinfeld references are common - you don't get many DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince references. Those are gold, HSV, gold!

He may still be talking with Cyrus' and/or his family.

I doubt Chizik would address the issue. He's pretty tight lipped when it comes to drama.

Unfortunately, when you are talking about 17-18 year olds, you do have to be pretty tight-lipped. You don't want to hurt their lives/reputations, for heavens sake!

But I'm just saying, let's wait to see what actually happens before we throw rocks at his family.

Guess I'll put down my torch and pitchfork then. <_<

Put it down till unless he signs with bammer....then its pitchforks and anything we can find

But I'm just saying, let's wait to see what actually happens before we throw rocks at his family.

Put it down till unless he signs with bammer....then its pitchforks and anything we can find

In other news:

BobLichtenfels: You can't make this stuff up

@davidbrandtAP: Nutt confirms Floyd Raven's mom forged his signature on LOI to Ole Miss. Raven is going to Texas A&M.

No, we got it. But Seinfeld references are common - you don't get many DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince references. Those are gold, HSV, gold!

I think we're seeing a conflict between relationship Cyrus and independent Cyrus - worlds are colliding.

In other news:

BobLichtenfels: You can't make this stuff up

@davidbrandtAP: Nutt confirms Floyd Raven's mom forged his signature on LOI to Ole Miss. Raven is going to Texas A&M.

WHAT???? My goodness, this stuff is crazy.

Some quotes from Chizik's presser...

Chizik: "We feel like we scratched all the itches." Mentions offensive and defensive lines.

Chizik: "Great day for Auburn football today ... Always look for what your needs are ... don't care about stars."

Chizik: "This is another brick in the foundation of what we're trying to build .... we have not arrived."

We just got the "official" list passed out as Gene begins speaking. No Kouandjio on the list. No surprise additions.

On Gabe Wright: "We feel like he was the best defensive tackle in the nation."

Chizik "could not be more excited" about secondary class. Says they think Erique Florence "is going to be a great safety."

Chizik calls Erique Florence "a huge get." And Quan Bray "one of the most exciting players in Georgia. He can do it all."

Chizik on Kris Frost recruiting confusion: "We just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page from top to bottom."

Chizik on OL signees: "We had to do a great job of evaluating ... what is the opportunity they could come in and play young."

On Shon Coleman's status:, Chizik said medically they're "going to let time go by and see how he progresses. There's no rush."

@auburnbeat

@AUBlog

@AUGoldMine

@wareagleextra

@jzenor

Archived