***Signing Day 2011 Thread

RunInRed

According to tidefans.com (I know...) his parents are disappointed in his decision and aren't signing the paperwork. Since he's still 17 they have to sign for him.

I hope he turns 18 tomorrow and signs the papers.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I guess these parents also don't care about their son's feelings.

Yea, I'm having a hard time with this concept. My parents have always given me guidance, but let me make the decisions (from a reasonable age, of course). I picked my own school, my major, my apartments, my loans, my car, my jobs... they gave me feedback but never tried to force me into anything, and always let me make my own decisions.

This is just disgusting, if it truly is the parents/guardians holding these kids back.

Is it possible that $aban is communicating with the family through the brother who's in Tuscaloosa?

PM now saying there is some cause for concern. Family members, etc were surprised and disappointed with his decision. Said Auburn coaches are talking to him now.

What is up the past few days with "FAMILIES" making the decisions and not allowing the ones that are going to have to play somewhere and for sombody that they don't truly want to? (sorry for the run on).

I am a father and in 17 years I hope my son has a choice like this to make. But when it comes down to it, it is HIS decision to make. I will give my input (and hide or burn any bama info j/k) and le him do what his heart tells him to do. No matter what my feelings are but I will not wear that gaudy crimson it is not in my colorwheel and I will just not do it. But he is my son and I will pull for him.

FWIW:

BobLichtenfels: Just spoke to John Wallpher (scout) who was at Kouandjio's presser, parents, trainers, everyone associated with him was in shock that he picked Auburn. The whole situation is a mess right now and very chaotic. Sounds like the kid wants Auburn, but everyone else has reasons why he shouldn't. Wallpher will offer more thoughts and details later on in the day"

Do these kids even talk to their parents? Maybe he sent them a text msg about the decision yesterday and they don't know how to check it. If this is my son, I know what the decision is before leaving the house in the morning. At least with the parents upset, we know the kids wasn't shopped to us. If Peach and the Kouandjio's are upset the kids didn't choose Bama, something stinks.

What is up the past few days with "FAMILIES" making the decisions and not allowing the ones that are going to have to play somewhere and for sombody that they don't truly want to? (sorry for the run on).

I am a father and in 17 years I hope my son has a choice like this to make. But when it comes down to it, it is HIS decision to make. I will give my input (and hide or burn any bama info j/k) and le him do what his heart tells him to do. No matter what my feelings are but I will not wear that gaudy crimson it is not in my colorwheel and I will just not do it. But he is my son and I will pull for him.

Unfortunately in recruiting there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than just a kid making his decision.

I'm probably going to get stoned for saying this, but as we are criticizing all these people, we should remember that Auburn benefitted from a father/family having a LOT of influence on a recruit last year. And in the end things worked out well for the young man in question...

They told him to go with his heart......I guess that wasn't good enough.

I'm probably going to get stoned for saying this, but as we are criticizing all these people, we should remember that Auburn benefitted from a father/family having a LOT of influence on a recruit last year. And in the end things worked out well for the young man in question...

You are right, but this situation is even worse that the Calloway one....well, maybe not with Brent living in the state.

According to tidefans.com (I know...) his parents are disappointed in his decision and aren't signing the paperwork. Since he's still 17 they have to sign for him.

Ohhh yeah and tidefans.com is a reputable sports news organization. <_<

If the parents are going to act in that manner, then maybe the kids don't belong at Auburn. Take the drama down the road to UAT. If they were going to hold it over his head you think they would make sure they knew his decision before they went on TV.

Personally....and this goes along with my mentality back then and now....I'd tell them to get on board or deal with it. I did when I left for the Army. :)

Ohhh yeah and tidefans.com is a reputable sports news organization. <_<

I know. Take it for what its worth. If true - its horrible and Alabama should be thoroughly investigated.

If the kid likes blowing 24 point leads, then he'll fit right in up in West Vance.

FWIW:

BobLichtenfels: Just spoke to John Wallpher (scout) who was at Kouandjio's presser, parents, trainers, everyone associated with him was in shock that he picked Auburn. The whole situation is a mess right now and very chaotic. Sounds like the kid wants Auburn, but everyone else has reasons why he shouldn't. Wallpher will offer more thoughts and details later on in the day"

Boy, is this sounding familiar. From today!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/recruitinginsider/2011/02/national_signing_day_2011_dema.html

Posted at 12:06 PM ET, 02/ 2/2011

National Signing Day 2011: DeMatha lineman Cyrus Kouandjio commits to Auburn

By Washington Post editors UPDATED 2:35 P.M.

cyruskouandjioSD.jpg

(Photo by John McDonnell/The Washington Post)

Cyrus Kouandjio / DeMatha offensive lineman / 6-foot-7, 300 pounds

DeMatha All-Met offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio said he did not sleep much Tuesday night before making the decision to venture on his own to defending national champion Auburn.

Kouandjio's older brother, Arie, is an offensive lineman at Alabama, the other school that Cyrus strongly considered. While DeMatha has sent hundreds of players to play college football, Arie Kouandjio is believed to be the first Stag to join the defending division I-A champion.

However, earlier in the week, DeMatha Coach Bill McGregor said that he felt Cyrus would not be pressured to join his brother in Tuscaloosa, sensing that Cyrus wanted "to be his own man."

When it came time to sign a National Letter-of-Intent on Wednesday, that is what Cyrus Kouandjio did, signing with the Tigers and becoming the second DeMatha player to join a defending I-A national champion. Kouandjio said during a press conference that was broadcast on ESPNU that he will play for Auburn, but he has yet to sign a letter of intent. More to come.

First team All-Met: Dominant blocker consistently cleared the way as the Stags often stayed on the ground to move the ball. Did not allow a sack as the Stags advanced to WCAC title game for the 19th time in 20 seasons. Generally considered among the nation's top recruits.

Per PM:

The Cyrus Kouandjio situation is fluid. Apparently, some of his family members were surprised and not happy with his decision. Auburn has not received his letter of intent. It would be safe to say there is more concern now than there was earlier. It's possible, apparently, that he will not sign with anybody today. It's also possible that he will sign his letter of intent with Auburn and it will all be over. He is talking with Auburn coaches. We will update the situation as we get more information.

Archived