***Signing Day 2011 Thread

RunInRed

Don't know how true it is but I've heard Cyrus' folks want to visit before signing

I read that somewhere too, but I can't remember where. At any rate, I hope that is true, and that is totally reasonable. If so, hopefully someone comes out and says that's what's going on.

Also heard that he will sit down and discuss his decision with his high school coach tonight or tomorrow morning.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a little late to the party, but what happened with Calloway.

ESPN is reporting he's back with the Turds?

He faxed his LOI to the Turds this morning

Don't know how true it is but I've heard Cyrus' folks want to visit before signing

I read that somewhere too, but I can't remember where. At any rate, I hope that is true, and that is totally reasonable. If so, hopefully someone comes out and says that's what's going on.

Also heard that he will sit down and discuss his decision with his high school coach tonight or tomorrow morning.

I would still be ticked off, but it is totally reasonable for the parents to want to visit. They should have done it before now, but I guess I could live with it.

To those who don't understand recruiting Auburn has 24 players who signed a LOI and 1 player who has committed but did not sign an LOI. There is no counting anyone back even though 4 players are currently at Auburn. Shon Coleman may be another that is counted toward this class but Auburn as ask the NCAA to count him toward next years class. The reason we could count players, that started school in Jan, back last year is because we did not use all the scholarships from the previous year (2009). That is not the case this year. If you don't understand it go to the NCAA website where they have the rules posted for everyone to see.

To those who don't understand recruiting Auburn has 24 players who signed a LOI and 1 player who has committed but did not sign an LOI. There is no counting anyone back even though 4 players are currently at Auburn. Shon Coleman may be another that is counted toward this class but Auburn as ask the NCAA to count him toward next years class. The reason we could count players, that started school in Jan, back last year is because we did not use all the scholarships from the previous year (2009). That is not the case this year. If you don't understand it go to the NCAA website where they have the rules posted for everyone to see.

Welcome to the board.......?

I wonder what the record is for the longest message thread?

The old Question/Answer thread had 2501 posts, we're not even close... Yet ;)

http://www.aufamily....nanswer-thread/

ETA:

I believe there was an A-Z music thread that was even longer.

Just saying.

I think he ends up with us. His folks gave a knee jerk reaction and are being protective because they never visited here with him. I think this one works itself out; if he really wants to come here they will crack.

Also heard he is announcing again tonight so who knows?

If that's the case, come on down. If we get the parents on campus I'll feel great about this one..........

I just feel better that he might talk to his coach. He sounds like the only one with sense and no "what do I get out of it" motive in all of this.

I think he ends up with us. His folks gave a knee jerk reaction and are being protective because they never visited here with him. I think this one works itself out; if he really wants to come here they will crack.

That's how I see it after watching the video over on Scout.com with Cyrus and his family. I understand how he feels considering that Auburn is relatively new to him. Hopefully, Chizik and Grimes can speak with Cyrus and the family and reassure them of any concerns they may have. If a visit is necessary, then hopefully they will be in a financial position to make it down to Auburn.

Doesn't appear to be anything like the Calloway family situation.

This is all a joke to me.

Chose with your heart son!

Oh wait not that heart, the one that has you doong what we want.

Lets just go to ihop and think about it.

I wasn't very sure when I said that

Urban Meyer.... That kid had alook in his eye that there is a fire still burnning in there and didn't look sure.

My parents didn't come on my visit...... Aka we knew he would choose bama and we have already been there.....oh my gosh he just put a AUBURN HAT ON..... Stop everything your heart is WRONG!!!!!!

JOKE.

GO TO BAMA DO SOMETHING. IT HAS BEEN A YEAR. This process didn't start this morning.

Has page 1 of this thread not been updated or did Uzomah not fax an LOI?

He hasn't faxed his LOI, but he also hasn't said he's going anywhere else.

Edited first post to reflect status.

To Ronin & HSVTIGER

Thanks for the welcome....War eagle

Sorry for the long post but i was tired of seeing people put +3 beside our recruits in earlier posts...just wanted to clarify the situation

We have everyone's LOI except Cyrus

We have everyone's LOI except Cyrus

Correct.

Duder, I assumed you were referring to Cyrus, did you edit your post?

Finally got a moment to post, just wanted to say :thumbsup: thank you :thumbsup: for everyone who contributed to this thread. The only way I could get updates during the myriad meetings today was to keep the Blackberry updating this URL. Thanks for the hard work, I've never been more excited about following recruiting. Compliments to our coaching staff!

And WAR EAGLE to the new recruits!

That's how I see it after watching the video over on Scout.com with Cyrus and his family. I understand how he feels considering that Auburn is relatively new to him. Hopefully, Chizik and Grimes can speak with Cyrus and the family and reassure them of any concerns they may have. If a visit is necessary, then hopefully they will be in a financial position to make it down to Auburn.

Doesn't appear to be anything like the Calloway family situation.

I agree with you. I think that the parents et. al were more "surprised" than angry, as a complete guess. I believe that if a visit can be arranged (Cyrus came by himself last weekend, yes?), or at least have the coaching staff continue to talk with the parents, then the entire group would be more comfortable with his decision. And that's not a bad thing at all.

Archived