***Signing Day 2011 Thread

RunInRed

Question.....If Cyrus pulls a crazy move and goes to New Mexico....do we still have the right to be mad??

No, because at that point we would know the boy had just lost his mind and was in need of help.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question.....If Cyrus pulls a crazy move and goes to New Mexico....do we still have the right to be mad??

No, because at that point we would know the boy had just lost his mind and was in need of help.

lol figures if it happend that is up there with brittney spears cutting off her hair

There is little to no chance Cyrus goes to New Mexico, if he is interested in a future NFL career. They have won 1 game in the past two seasons combined. The head coach is damn lucky he didn't get fired last season after punching the WR coach. Albuquerque is a basketball town, not a football town. Bascially, the football program is in a shambles since Rocky Long left.

I lived there for 3 years. It's beautiful place with a very interesting mix of cultures and cuisine, but it isn't the place where an elite h.s. football player goes if he wants access to the best facilities and coaches who will prepare him for the NFL.

If Cyrus just likes the northern New Mexico landscape, enjoys eating at The Frontier Restaurant (green chile available on anything), or wants to study archaeology, then he should become a Lobo.

But, I'm certain the black hand of the evil empire is reaching out to him right now, not the Lobos.

If you're good enough, the NFL will find you. NFL rosters are littered with players from small schools, I-AA schools, and non-football powers. I don't think he goes to New Mexico, but even if he did, it wouldn't be a death knell for his career.

The parents were apparently so SURE Cyrus would sign w/ Bama that they gave him carte blanche to announce in front of the entire nation what's in his heart (certain it would be Bama) and now they're humiliating him in front of the entire country by treating him like this.

Talk about de facto castration. These parents are being self centered @ this point, don't give him the power of decision then take it away. How much more can you embarass your child in front of the entire nation?

Yes, he could still make it to the NFL if he goes to New Mexico, but chances are he won't be drafted anywhere near the first round because scouts will question the competition he faced in the MWC. He would mature into a high round prospect much faster and get national pub if he goes to an SEC school and does well. You can bring up Urlacher, but he wasn't considered an elite prospect coming out of h.s.

Granted, Albuquerque is a cool town and northern New Mexico is a beautiful place, but, if the quality of the football program is the criteria, New Mexico isn't one of the top 100 places to go in the country.

Yeah, I really don't get this whole, "Family members were not happy about his decision" stuff. It's not like he chose to play football at Eastern Michigan over Alabama. So they didn't get what THEY wanted. Be happy the kid can play D-1 ball wherever he wants to and shut your trap so the kid can enjoy the moment. Now, regardless what he chooses, this day is tainted for him because of the selfishness of the people around him. The same can be said about Cam.

Oh and the Washington Times writer who said he didn't want to go to uat because he would have to compete with his brother, shut up. What do people at the Times know about college football?

Via Twitter:

@finebaum: AU Undercover, 'Koundjio & Bama coaches are talking this afternoon.'

he also they are talking to AU coaches to

did hear that sabin treaten to pull his brothers free ride if he does sign...sure that's not true but :roflol: wouldn't supprise me

Since it was said last year that the only reason UAT signed the older brother was to get Cyrus, I would not be at all surprised if $aban refuses to renew Aire's scholarship. He's going to have to jerk at least 8 players' scholarships to have room for the new signees anyway, so if Cyrus signs with Auburn, his brother is toast at bammer.

Via Twitter:

@finebaum: AU Undercover, 'Koundjio & Bama coaches are talking this afternoon.'

he also they are talking to AU coaches to

did hear that sabin treaten to pull his brothers free ride if he does sign...sure that's not true but :roflol: wouldn't supprise me

Since it was said last year that the only reason UAT signed the older brother was to get Cyrus, I would not be at all surprised if $aban refuses to renew Aire's scholarship. He's going to have to jerk at least 8 players' scholarships to have room for the new signees anyway, so if Cyrus signs with Auburn, his brother is toast at bammer.

Then lets go get his brother too lol

As much as I dislike the way Saban does things there is no way he would do that. Can you imagine the recruiting hit he would take if he treated a player that way?

As much as I dislike the way Saban does things there is no way he would do that. Can you imagine the recruiting hit he would take if he treated a player that way?

R U KIDDING?? There really are people in this state that would kiss his bare sticking feet if he told them to..I think Brent Calloway said it best when he said TTowner was ran more like a business and AU was more like a fun place to be.

Personally....and this goes along with my mentality back then and now....I'd tell them to get on board or deal with it. I did when I left for the Army. :)

I did the same thing at age 17. Never for one minute regretted "screwing up my life". Attending Auburn AFTER my four years in the Air Force was much better than going who-knows-where at age 17, when I didn't want to go to school. Sometimes a kid knows better than the parents what will work for him/her and what won't.

A teenager has more power than many of them realize they have. You just have to either have courage or a certain amount of "don't give a damn" in you.

R U KIDDING?? There really are people in this state that would kiss his bare sticking feet if he told them to..I think Brent Calloway said it best when he said TTowner was ran more like a business and AU was more like a fun place to be.

I am talking about the recruits who would see Saban do something like that and wonder if he would do the same thing to them.

If parents and high school coaches can have the whool over their eyes and push these kids then yeah

I am talking about the recruits who would see Saban do something like that and wonder if he would do the same thing to them.

Jared, he's already been doing that for the past two years. So far, the only people that seem to notice are oversign.com. The rest are too busy trying to dig up dirt on Auburn to worry about a little thing like Saban terminating scholarships.

After the way he cussed at and spanked AJ on national TV, I'm surprised anybody signed on for that treatment. Imagine what it must be like when there are no fans or TV cameras.

Like the Bear days i guess..why would you go to a school to ride the bench???

Question ...Why trust a man named Peaches??

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

I am tired of hearing the song "Son of a Preacherman" anyway..4-soe!!

Don't know how true it is but I've heard Cyrus' folks want to visit before signing

Also heard he is announcing again tonight so who knows?

Archived