***Signing Day 2011 Thread

RunInRed

Latest on Cyrus:

@kristenkenney is uploading a video on Scout.com right now with Cyrus Kouandjio. It does not appear he will sign today. says "Big Doubts"

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People need to stop freaking out when someone sends something out on twitter, since when did this become a reliable source of communication?

This should be, hmmm, saw a tweet guess we should wait for this to be posted on a reliable news source with good sources listed, like the person the article is about.

Instant communication is going to ruin the world

Does anybody have any REAL info on Cyrus?

Is this just a bad fax machine issue or is this something "BIG" going on?

All I know is what I have seen coming across from multiple people on Twitter. I've had ESPNU's signing day show on in the background and they haven't mentioned it, but I am also working so I may have missed it if they did. Pretty sure they didn't, though.

They did mention it. said he was "confused".

People need to stop freaking out when someone sends something out on twitter, since when did this become a reliable source of communication?

This should be, hmmm, saw a tweet guess we should wait for this to be posted on a reliable news source with good sources listed, like the person the article is about.

ESPN announced his failure to sign on the show. it's real, tweets or not.

Wow. What a crazy story. I hope he comes on board. If the reports are true and he is having serious doubts, it was an odd choice on his part to go through with the press conference and announce.

Hopefully he will think things through and make the proper decision.

Meanwhile, any update on Gabe Wright's LOI?

RT @AndrewJBone: @kristenkenney uploading video on Scout.com right now with Kouandjio. Does not appear he'll sign today. says "Big doubts"

geeesh...wonder who is in his ear at this late moment.... <_<

Dang, we ALMOST went through the day without any drama. I hope Cyrus signs with us, but I also hope he doesn't leave it hanging in the wind for too long. Either way, we have STILL signed a GREAT class and it's just one more sign that Auburn is STILL moving UP the escalator with CGC and his staff! WAR EAGLE! :AUBig:

I consider it to be reliable when it is being tweeted out by the Auburn beat reporters. I figure they know what's up and are only going to tweet something that's legit. This isn't coming from just some random person.

We really need this kid.....I hope this is a blip on the day and nothing more......we'll see. Always interesting for sure.

Start getting worried....

And meta makes it that much more "real."

I dont know whats going on, but the kid hasn't sent his papers in. I have little doubt in my mind that his decision has shocked people around him that wanted him at the other school. If he truly doesn't sign today, I dont expect him to sign with Auburn.

I consider it to be reliable when it is being tweeted out by the Auburn beat reporters. I figure they know what's up and are only going to tweet something that's legit. This isn't coming from just some random person.

You guys/gals are missing the point; I don't care if it comes from the President most tweets are sent without much follow-up and are used to drive traffic. Unless it is posted at the news source itself or confirmed by the person involved it is difficult to ensure accuracy. If someone writes 100+ words in a blog or for a news source on the Internet 90% the sources are confirmed and accurate as it has had time to marinate. I would say 90% of all tweets that are rushed or sent after hearing something interesting are inaccurate in some way shape or form, or limited in their information to provide an accurate direction of the situation.

I believe more of what I read on Twitter than what I read on ESPN.com or any of the major news agencies. I don't believe it all, naturally, but Twitter is far more reliable than old school media.

I bet some bammer got through to him and calloway with all this Auburn is going down the feds are taking them out ..blah blah blah. Let's face it Sabin has even broken the rule named after him this year..are we supprised???? That place is like the freakn moffia these days!!!

We are way more of a family place than bamma..I actually had lunch today with an attorney who admitted he is a bamma grad but if he would have ever visted AU 1st that's where he would have went he said he really like the AU campus better and the folks.

According to tidefans.com (I know...) his parents are disappointed in his decision and aren't signing the paperwork. Since he's still 17 they have to sign for him.

"IF" this were the case, I would be one pissed young man!

PhillipMarshall said...23 min. ago:

"He was moved into the signed category after he made his announcement. They are waiting on his LOI. There seems to be no concern among Auburn staff members. To avoid confusion, I have changed it to Committed but not signed for he and Gabe. Don't read anything into that. We have no reason to believe there is a problem. This all started with one person making a statement in a chat."

According to tidefans.com (I know...) his parents are disappointed in his decision and aren't signing the paperwork. Since he's still 17 they have to sign for him.

Surely his parents knew who he was going to announce for on national TV...

So I guess these parents also don't care about their son's feelings.

Yea, I'm having a hard time with this concept. My parents have always given me guidance, but let me make the decisions (from a reasonable age, of course). I picked my own school, my major, my apartments, my loans, my car, my jobs... they gave me feedback but never tried to force me into anything, and always let me make my own decisions.

This is just disgusting, if it truly is the parents/guardians holding these kids back.

FWIW:

BobLichtenfels: Just spoke to John Wallpher (scout) who was at Kouandjio's presser, parents, trainers, everyone associated with him was in shock that he picked Auburn. The whole situation is a mess right now and very chaotic. Sounds like the kid wants Auburn, but everyone else has reasons why he shouldn't. Wallpher will offer more thoughts and details later on in the day"

Archived