Auburn vs. Ole Miss

Clint

Auburn get the ball inbounds and turns it over to ole miss. Ole miss can't maintain control and the ball squirts loose and denson picks it up for auburn and takes it to the other end and turns out instead of shooting and gets fouled. Ole miss has had 5 players (If i remember correctly) foul out...Denson shooting two. First one GOOD...Tigers up 75-73 2.1 seconds.....

2nd free throw....good...tigers up 3....TIGERS WIN.....76-73....after being down 20 in the first half...

We have to beat LSU to clinch the 5th seed.

Good win. We almost gave the game away at the end. I've never seen a team struggle so badly to just inbound the ball.

Woo! What a win! Man, that was a much needed win.

Shocksmybrain- We wont clinch 5th seed unless we beat LSU Saturday. I think we can, cause they haven't gotton much better and this team is a whole lot better.

:au:

Congrats to the team! I'm so glad they picked up a win in a tight game after being so close against Bama and Arky. A rough season no doubt, but a lot of people said we would go winless in the SEC. We have won three and been very close to a few others. I think the next two years are going to be exciting times for Auburn basketball. Let's win at LSU and take some momentum into the SEC tourney!

No quit in these Tigers - what a statement to finish out the season. I've said it before, better days are ahead...

"This team has gotten better," Auburn coach Tony Barbee said. "It's not the same team from the beginning of the year. It's not even the same team from the beginning of the conference season. It's a totally different team."

It was only the Tigers' second win in league play at the Auburn Arena, but it was perhaps their most exciting one. Auburn out-scored Ole Miss (18-12, 6-9 SEC) 51-32 in the second half, overcoming a career-high 30 points by Rebels guard Dundrecous Nelson, whose potential game-tying halfcourt heave at the final horn was just off target.

"I appreciate them," Barbee said. "They've given me everything they've got. They've given this university everything they've got. It can beat you down, the wins and losses, as a player. They could have folded up tent. But it speaks to their character."

It set off one of few celebrations in the arena this season for the home crowd. Afterward, Barbee doled out high-fives to students over the press table as a couple players rejoiced in the crowd.

"It felt good," Ross said. "Coming out in front of our home crowd, our last home game, to prove to the fans what they can look forward to next year, it's a very big win for us."

http://wareagleextra.blogspot.com/2011/03/auburn-rallies-for-76-73-win-against.html

I've been saying all along, this team is NOT bad. Just picked a bad time to not have a single senior. I remember seeing a stat at the beginning of the year saying that this team brings an average of 10min game time, and that was pushing it.

I've been saying all along, this team is NOT bad. Just picked a bad time to not have a single senior. I remember seeing a stat at the beginning of the year saying that this team brings an average of 10min game time, and that was pushing it.

With a healthy Frankie Sullivan they would have at least broke even.

With a healthy Frankie Sullivan they would have at least broke even.

No doubt about it. These guys should've atleast won 3-4-5 more games.

After the start this team had, I never thought they would win some of the game they won. Good Job to the coaches and player for continueing to work hard this year.

With this win and a win at LSU that would give us a lot of confidence going into the SEC tournament. And you never know what can heppen if we get hot in the tournament. Anything is possible.WAR EAGLE

With this win and a win at LSU that would give us a lot of confidence going into the SEC tournament. And you never know what can heppen if we get hot in the tournament. Anything is possible.WAR EAGLE

Exactly.

Archived