Javiere Mitchell chooses AU!

RunInRed

Another BCW III attendee with AU high on his list...

• “Auburn has moved up my list after today,” Mitchell said. “I’m going to stick with October for when I make my decision. I want to get all my camps and visits in before I make my decision.”

• Mitchell said the Tigers’ defensive coaches told him he was “ideal” for Auburn’s defense.

http://madvertiserblogs.com/HABOTN/2011/05/29/bonus-big-cat-coverage/

24nkw1u.jpg

Javiere Mitchell, LB

Leeds, AL

6'2 / 197 / 4.4

Offers:

Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Mississippi Sate, Southern Miss, Tennessee and UAB, among others.

Notes:

- Former teammate to 2011 AU signee Jonathan Rose.

- BCW III attendee.

- Plays DE in high school but will transition to LB on the next level.

- Has indicated plans to graduate early.

247Sports 3*

ESPN 3*

Rivals 4*

Scout 3*

Highlights:

<iframe width="600" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5VqIc9tsGEg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just spoke with Leeds HS head coach Keith Etheridge, four-star LB Javy Mitchell ran a 4.42 and a 4.33 40 today at MSU camp. He's 6'2, 205.

@JHokanson

Those are some pretty sick numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like he's built more like a safety than a linebacker. He's only 205, and he doesn't appear to have the frame to put on another 40 lbs based on the photos. He does have some long arms, and he's fast.

Seems like he's built more like a safety than a linebacker. He's only 205, and he doesn't appear to have the frame to put on another 40 lbs based on the photos. He does have some long arms, and he's fast.

I almost posted the same thing, until I saw that he's actually been playing DE.

Also, not many 245lb LBs have started at Auburn in the last 10 yrs. We only have 2 on roster over 240

But 6 under 230

Yox will put 20 pounds on him in no time.

I think Chizik prefers faster, if somewhat smaller LB's. Travis Williams is a great example from Chizik's coordinator days.

• 3 months later...

I'm in Knoxville visiting my gf for the weekend and I just saw Javiere. I wanted to yell War Eagle but he was in a truck with his coach. I noticed the truck because it has a Leeds tag on it. I hope we get him. It'd be a big steal from Alabama.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like my High School uni's (We are the Greenwave as well). :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ autigeremt, Did you go to Gordo?

No. I went to Easley High School in S.C.

7f9dde71ff955946ffff8a66ffffe417.jpg

talked to a "family" member today. She likes AU but he's getting pressure from other family members and his coach for AL. She said he is a back up plan for AL if someone falls through.

talked to a "family" member today. She likes AU but he's getting pressure from other family members and his coach for AL. She said he is a back up plan for AL if someone falls through.

If I were his HS coach, I'd let him decide on his own.

Archived