Had my fill of "Pull for the State" garbage...

35Rem

Had to let my Facebook people know how it is:

To my University of Alabama friends:

I am an Alumnus of Auburn University. Class of 2003.

I love my school and my Auburn Family.

I can not pull for Alabama to win a football game. Please don’t ask me to, or be upset when I won’t.

The U of A and MOST (MOST) of its fan base (not necessarily Alumni) do not want anything positive to happen to Auburn University. Ever.

See Harvey Updyke and Shane Corn. They represent a large portion of the fan base of the U of A. More than a lot of you are willing to admit. They have nothing but pure hatred and disdain for Auburn and want nothing less than for it to be destroyed. Sometimes literally. See the pictures of bama fans wearing Updyke shirts at the Iron Bowl, in Auburn, this year, also.

Do I need to remind everyone of the Cam Newton hatred, jokes, and proven lies from last year? Some still persist to this day.

There have been TV programs made about the vitriol between the two fan bases.

As much as I dislike Nick Saban, and feel he lacks in his professionalism at times, even he has admonished the U of A fan base in the past.

This type of fan base being put in the National Spotlight does nothing positive for the State of Alabama, either.

Pulling for Alabama will do NOTHING positive for Auburn. It simply will not.

Of course, the first response is from a bammer (I didn't expect much):

"so how do you really feel?"

Another classy response:

"Ahhh go water your trees..."

I certainly wouldn't expect AU fans to be pulling for us in the title game. At all.

And I think it's unreasonable to expect them to.

I think there's been isolated incidences in the past where Bama played and Auburn pulled for us (like Miami 93). But those are rare exceptions. Their rarity is understandable.

People that are educated CAN be (not all are) above the nonsense. There is little issue with them. Institutions of Higher Learning are a good thing.

Bammers are not.

RTRev,

In my limited time on this forum, you have been more of a voice of reason from the bama side and would not be classified as a "bammer."

I respect your posts, and have many friends that are Alabama fans that are reasonable. The bammers I take exception to.

I have friends who are bama grads. I don't expect them to care one way or another what happens to Auburn's football (or any other sports) team. Academically they want the best for every school in this state, and in the region, as do most of us. Athletically it's a different matter.

I watch bama play one game a year. Other than that I could care less. Frankly, if Auburn isn't playing I don't give a flip. I think the vast majority of fans are like that; they care about their own team, and couldn't care less about yours.

If a special game ignites their interest - a cross sectional game between two teams with exciting offenses, for example - then they'll watch out of interest to see the fireworks. A local game between to plodding teams who have already played for over 60 minuntes and couldn't produce a TD between them? I doubt it will excite much interest no matter how much ABC/ESPN tried to hype it up.

I don't want uat to win a frickin chess match. I don't want any of the athletic programs to even have success during a contest, much less actually win it. Their fans are impossible, and uat has done nothing but undermine Auburn success for 80+ years. They have set us up with the NCAA at least 3 times, and tried for #4 with the Newton garbage they spewed. Auburn has NEVER done anything remotely close to this to their little cesspool of a university. They did it to Tennessee too. Now, which two teams in college football have defeated uat the most? Yep, you guessed it: Tennessee and Auburn. The elitist attitude that the have from the president down to the trailer trash fans knows no limits. I don't want any SEC school winning a National Title unless its Auburn, but I hope lsu crushes the s*** out of uat. IMO, the title game actually should be Oklahoma State vs. Stanford, because teams on probation shouldn't be allowed to play for a championship just like teams that don't win their conference should be playing for a championship. Also, don't let rev's comments fool you. He was a douche bag on this board for 3+ years and I for one refuse to buy in to his current charade. I doubt seriously I'll even watch this travesty of a game.

Are you AU alum? If so do you want anything positive to happen to the University of Alabama?

My questions is not indicative to my feelings. Of course I want good things to happen for Auburn University.

I want UofA to teach people how to read. Line 3 Answers your first question :P. I am a big supporter of colleges teaching people to read. JK man.

Personally I want people that go to Alabama to get a good education and have quality lives that they enjoy and they, their loved ones and others can be proud of. I want them to be productive and contributing members of society. I want them to defeat child obesity, I want them to find ways to fix the economy, I want them to defeat cancer and aids, I want them to build a safer automobile, I want them to find better fuels, I want them to discover ways to deter crime... the list can go on..... including world peace!

Do I want to beat Alabama in everything... yes. But I want Auburn to beat everyone in everything but I'm not going to blow up some building on Alabama's campus because they cured cancer before Auburn.

Like others I really don't pay much attention to Alabama. I will watch them on TV if they have the best game on TV at the time, but I don't take the day and plan to watch the Alabama game just to pull against Alabama.

Far as all this BCS stuff. I 100% believe that Ok State deserved more of a shot than Alabama at LSU based off several factors. Thats my opinion. I have interest in State because my sister is a graduate from there. If the teams were different and we were talking Stanford getting in vs a Michigan/Ohio State rematch I would support Stanford and have no connection to any of those teams.

Plus after the treatment last season I am hoping all SEC teams except Auburn lose this year in the bowl season. Otherwise I just care about Auburn, Oklahoma State, and Texas.

I also pull for Auburn as an academic institution. In many areas I'm a state first sort of guy. Education is one of them. I'm very proud of what Auburn brings to the table academically and hope for the sake of the state, that they continue to excel.

I think the two can be separated: athletics and academics, in terms of rooting interest.

I also pull for Auburn as an academic institution. In many areas I'm a state first sort of guy. Education is one of them. I'm very proud of what Auburn brings to the table academically and hope for the sake of the state, that they continue to excel.

I think the two can be separated: athletics and academics, in terms of rooting interest.

Agreed, and to comment on the Sugar Bowl vs Miami, I wanted the Canes to hang about 75 on you.

Agreed, and to comment on the Sugar Bowl vs Miami, I wanted the Canes to hang about 75 on you.

Happy to disappoint ;)

Happy to disappoint ;)

I pulled for Alabama cause I didn't like what Miami stood for.

bama stood for paying players. Did you approve of that. I know, antonio Langham signed after the bowl game, but Stalling and the entire uat ath dept jumped through hoops stonewalling the NCAA's investigation of goings on prior to and including 1992. You don't stonewall the NCAA if you have nothing to hide.

Please stay on topic, guys.

BG03, People like "Shane from Centerpoint" loathed anything Auburn, including the acedemics. He was very vocal and pushed for AU to lose it's accredidation.

It's the people like him that hurt Auburn, and the state of Alabama.

Please stay on topic, guys.

BG03, People like "Shane from Centerpoint" loathed anything Auburn, including the acedemics. He was very vocal and pushed for AU to lose it's accredidation.

It's the people like him that hurt Auburn, and the state of Alabama.

You've got them too. Did you ever hear I-man?

From my experience with most bammer fans they just won't listen to reason. Ignoring everything you say that has anything possitive to do with Auburn. They consider us nothing more than the 2nd tier school in the state..even though stats show otherwise. Some Alabama fans are ok and actually make sense, but for the most part they are all filled with ignorant comments and have no knowledge of anything. I normally pull for the any SEC team to win if they make it to the NC game..because im just loving the SEC dominance right now. Since I have two to choose from I hope LSU beats them 4 touchdowns and the Bamemrs are left crying in New Orleans.

bama stood for paying players. Did you approve of that. I know, antonio Langham signed after the bowl game, but Stalling and the entire uat ath dept jumped through hoops stonewalling the NCAA's investigation of goings on prior to and including 1992. You don't stonewall the NCAA if you have nothing to hide.

I was a kid and lived in Texas. All I knew about the teams was from highlights and actually seeing games on TV.

Miami was a bandwagon university nationwide. It was well known for its off the field issues involving the law, accusations of putting bounties on opposing teams players to injure them, trash talking and starting fights on the field and over celebrating everything.

The information about what you are talking about with Alabama didn't make its way out west like it would today. But all that stuff with Miami was everywhere.

Another classy response:

"Ahhh go water your trees..."

I think the above was said in jest. But it shows how little people understand what those "trees" mean.

Screw Bama. I hope their bus breaks down on the way, they forget their pads, toilets won't flush in the locker room, have cammy cam juice in their water bottles on the sideline. After the very calculated, failed character assassination on Auburn and Cam, I hope they don't gain a freaking yard in the MNC.

Archived